The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#481 Post by Steve »

wind4fuel wrote:
Little Garwood wrote:What is the purpose of the concrete square? Someone referred to it as a "poop stoop." That can't be it, could it?
I think it is for tying boats to or could be part of a pier. In one of the photo's you can see a pier by the boat house.
Actually I think it was determined that it was or is part of a storm water run off system. Being the sick individual I am I twisted that fact in my mind and started calling it the "poop stoop".............

wind4fuel
Lieutenant

#482 Post by wind4fuel »

J.J. Walters wrote:Someone recently sent me some pictures of the estate from a recent trip. The boathouse is now a light blue color.

Also, he had this to say...
...there were a number of workers busy at the estate, playing loud music during their work...what exactly they were doing, we could not see due to all the foliage everywhere
:arrow: The lower part with the stains can be removed with a light acid wash. It would brighten right up. This is the result of ground spatter. ,causeing stain, not hard to fix. yearly power washing would keep it tidy. But if you paint over it you will make a mess and paint will chip fall off. Would the blue color be a blue screen effect :?:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#483 Post by golfmobile »

What a very oddball paint job! It appears that the paint was applied exactly to the edge of the plaster's chipping and that the screens and nailed-up boards were removed and then put back after painting. Why go to such exacting trouble to paint the building and then not fix it up properly? If one removes the screens and boards, why not put in shutters or something nice -- why put the same grungy-looking nailed-up boards back in place? Someone's mind doesn't work the way mine does.

I'm sure Mrs. Anderson must be a nice person, but I find her "stewardship" of this property very strange.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

wind4fuel
Lieutenant

#484 Post by wind4fuel »

J.J. Walters wrote:
Sam wrote:James or Pahonu...I'm confused on the location of the last two pictures.The pillars indicates that it is the side at the side entry.The angle confuses me.
The scene is on the backside of the "garage", or "maintenance wing" (or whatever it's called; I'm not quite sure), but in the foliage off to the side.

Completely unrelated (but something I thought was kind of funny), just before this scene, when Mad Buck and T.C. are talking in the courtyard in front of the main balcony, some kind of small animal (a chicken maybe) passes by across the second set of open doors. I'm not sure what it is, but it's definitely not Zeus or Apollo! :arrow: It's a cat by shap of it's head, ears. :)

:arrow:

wind4fuel
Lieutenant

#485 Post by wind4fuel »

golfmobile wrote:What a very oddball paint job! It appears that the paint was applied exactly to the edge of the plaster's chipping and that the screens and nailed-up boards were removed and then put back after painting. Why go to such exacting trouble to paint the building and then not fix it up properly? If one removes the screens and boards, why not put in shutters or something nice -- why put the same grungy-looking nailed-up boards back in place? Someone's mind doesn't work the way mine does.

I'm sure Mrs. Anderson must be a nice person, but I find her "stewardship" of this property very strange.

golf
Whats happening the painters must finish there job, when they are done the window guy's come in and finish. I hope, The reason for the screen maybe to keep stones out. :(

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#486 Post by No need to know! »

We need to save this place. Lets chip in all of us and buy the place, and make it to a Magnum P.I museum.
Onion´s extra?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#487 Post by Steve »

No need to know! wrote:We need to save this place. Lets chip in all of us and buy the place, and make it to a Magnum P.I museum.
I hereby make the sacrifice to volunteer my services to be the guy that has a propensity for hawaiian shirts, shorts almost up to my nether-bits, always broke but able and willing to drive any sports car with "body by Pininfarina"

Ullie
Lieutenant

#488 Post by Ullie »

Wow, interesting to see the pics of the lucky guys who got on the Magnum PI estate. It will be my 3rd trip to Hawaii this summer, and as 3 are a charm, I hope that this time I will finally find the right Robin Master´s Nest, the last time I didnt print out all the great info you guys posted here.

Does anyone know if there is a chance to get on the Estate? One doesnt want to bother the owner, but it would be so cool to get a closer look, even more so as I dont think that I will be able to make it back to Hawaii anyday soon.
Ulli

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#489 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Ullie wrote:Does anyone know if there is a chance to get on the Estate?
Probably not without getting arrested.

Read the earlier pages of this thread for more on this.
Last edited by Styles Bitchley on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Ullie
Lieutenant

#490 Post by Ullie »

LOL, ty, getting arrested isnt on my itinerary, lol, I thought maybe one could call the owner of the estate. I realy wish there would be Magnum PI tours on Oahu, wouldnt that be a blast? Or if all of this community would meet there and tour the locations.
Ulli

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#491 Post by steveadl »

Legal avenues to peruse the estate grounds:

Option 1: Move to Hawaii, establish yourself in the community, get a Pug dog, associate with other Pug owners and join their social club, count the clock till your invited with the rest of the group to the Estate. (Note: this option will probably take 1-2yrs). :P

Option 2: Stage a wedding there - though I don't know how old that website is, perhaps Eve doesn't allow them there anymore either. (Note: this option will likely cost you minimum $50k).

So Pug dog may be your only in. :lol:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#492 Post by Steve »

The Dowager Lady Anderson holds an annual event in September for the Pug Owners on Oahu. One of the rules is that you are not to discuss Magnum, pi with the good Lady. One other way in is to do some research on getting married on The Estate. I found a wedding planning site a while back that claims that The Estate is one of the locations you can hold your wedding. Perhaps you can find them and tell them you need to see the grounds before you commit..............

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#493 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:Perhaps you can find them and tell them you need to see the grounds before you commit..............
Hmm. That might just be crazy enough to work! Fellow forum member Lt. Tanaka is actually going through the process of planning his wedding there now. Haven't had any progress updates though.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#494 Post by J.J. Walters »

LOL! steveadl and Steve! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#495 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Lt. Tanaka is actually going through the process of planning his wedding there now. Haven't had any progress updates though.
The company that said it was one of their locations said they hadn't used it in years and had no idea how to even contact the owner.

Still want to use it if possible, and am exploring other options.