The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

gmt16750
Captain

#331 Post by gmt16750 »

thank you Sam!
very fast answer ;)
well 4.3 millions $ is about 3.19 millions of euro...
and certainly another million or 2 to recover its greatness.
No doubt that if i had to hit the jackpot (in italy it has reached 57 millions euro, 77M $) Hawai would be a tantalizing destination 8)
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#332 Post by Coops »

Is the estate still a popular place to visit? By that I mean if I went to Oahu would there be people loitering around the estate like I would be?

:lol:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#333 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Coops wrote:Is the estate still a popular place to visit? By that I mean if I went to Oahu would there be people loitering around the estate like I would be?

When I was there, there was nobody but the locals... it's pretty much off the beaten track.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#334 Post by steveadl »

Coops wrote:Is the estate still a popular place to visit? By that I mean if I went to Oahu would there be people loitering around the estate like I would be?

Only two other people there when we went - locals doing some sort of hydro therapy training in the tidal pool.

Kimbosan
Captain

#335 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone has some pictures of the interior of the Guest House - Boat House as it stands, I know it was used for external shots but does anyone have any idea of the interior. I know Rick Romer has shots of the set , but I am looking for shots of the inerior of the boat house as I am trying to build up a model of the guest house and am finding it difficult to visulise to put together.

Is the “guest house” – “boat house” accessible from the beach, some of the pictures seem to indicate it has absolute beach frontage, if so, maybe someone could get a couple of shots through the window of the ground floor near the big doors I would suggest to ask Mrs Anderson for a quick tour or something to keep it all legal I would imagine that Mrs. Anderson would be approachable considering she hires the grounds out for weddings and various functions….
Hey now there’s an Idea… what about if we organise a visit to Oahu and pay Mrs Anderson for a tour of the estate? What do you think??

Kimbosan.
Kimbosan

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#336 Post by steveadl »

The guest/boat house is close to the ocean wall, but there is still a fence you would have to jump to get photos of inside, which I wouldn't/didn't do. I've got a photo I took of it from outside the fence, and that's about 4m or so away I'd say (don't know how to paste it on here as it's on my computer, not on the web).

I don't think Eve Anderson would be as accommodating as you think about showing people around.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#337 Post by MACattack »

Wow. Who's more famous, Tom Selleck, John Hillerman, Ferrari 308 GTS, or the Anderson Estate?
I just don't give a damn!

Carmen
MPI

#338 Post by Carmen »

Is this a question?? Gotta be kiddin

TOM
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#339 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It's Selleck. He was also a nice enough guy to bring the others along for the ride.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#340 Post by Pahonu »

Kimbosan wrote:Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone has some pictures of the interior of the Guest House - Boat House as it stands, I know it was used for external shots but does anyone have any idea of the interior. I know Rick Romer has shots of the set , but I am looking for shots of the inerior of the boat house as I am trying to build up a model of the guest house and am finding it difficult to visulise to put together.

Kimbosan.
Hey Kimbosan,

I have already done a model of the boathouse/guest house using Google Sketchup. Page 25 of this thread shows it. E-mail James for the file, but you have to download the program first (it's free). There is a forum thread on this topic as well called "The Guest House" I believe. The last couple of pages would probably be most helpful to you.

From what I and other members have surmised, the downstairs is not unlike a garage inside, simple storage and a dirt/sand floor with a couple of support posts (which aren't in my model). It has several small windows and the large doors leading right to the beach. It also has its own entry from ground level below the stairs up to the porch. It can be seen in the episode screencap from "Who is Don Luis Higgins..." on this site, and a couple of screen caps from the Hawaii Five-O episode "Sweet Terror" shown earlier in this thread. Pages 6 and 9 are helpful.

The upstairs is more of a mystery, but it is too small for the guest house set as used in the show. We know it has one bedroom and one bathroom from the tax records. There isn't room for much else. The bathroom is on the side nearest the lava rock wall at the edge of the property as there is a plumbing vent on that side and the window is smaller than the other two upstairs. I added a closet in the model just about the only place it would fit, between the bathroom and bedroom. Perhaps the closet and bathroom doors could be flipped, but thats about it.

Take a look at the model. I'm sure it will help. You can move all around it and inside of it once you download the program. I got it's dimensions from the tax records also. I have an architectural background that has given me a surprising amount of insight as to these structures (the model is actually the whole estate) from just photographs from the show and fans traveling there to take pictures. It is really the rear of the estate main house that is the bigger mystery. Even the gate house has been modeled fairly precisely.

Good luck with your model!
Last edited by Pahonu on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimbosan
Captain

#341 Post by Kimbosan »

Thanks for your comments Pahonu i will check it out.

Kimbosan.

But just quietly .....i would love to get some pics of the boathouse......
Kimbosan

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#342 Post by Pahonu »

I hear you Kimbosan. I would love to see some photos showing the rear of the main house clearly, but I guess that would require someone to break the law and sneak on the grounds. Dare I dream of getting to see a set of floor plans or elevations. Eve Anderson's relative reclusiveness makes it all the more enticing!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#343 Post by MACattack »

TOM SELLECK all the way.

But, I wouldn't mind living in that house and driving the ferrari!
I just don't give a damn!

Kimbosan
Captain

#344 Post by Kimbosan »

Done deal guys I will ring mrs Anderson and ask for a tour when I go over lto Oahu later this year.....Wish me luck.

Kimbosan
Kimbosan

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#345 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Kimbosan wrote:Done deal guys I will ring mrs Anderson and ask for a tour when I go over lto Oahu later this year.....Wish me luck.

Kimbosan
Good luck and God speed!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.