Magnum March MADNESS!!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Chris109
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum March MADNESS!!!!

#136 Post by Chris109 »

ConchRepublican wrote:The lineup for week 2 of Magnum March Madness was:

Week 2:
Paper War
Laura
Tropical Madness
China Doll

Rands
Rear Admiral

#137 Post by Rands »

Conch:

Your second week choices were wonderful as well! "Laura" was one of my favorite episodes, and "China Doll" was another. Those familiar with my posts, will know that I certainly enjoyed "China Doll", commenting on both script and co-star Susie Elene. It was one of those early episodes that set the tone for the Magnum, we all enjoy.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#138 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rands wrote:Conch:

Your second week choices were wonderful as well! "Laura" was one of my favorite episodes, and "China Doll" was another. Those familiar with my posts, will know that I certainly enjoyed "China Doll", commenting on both script and co-star Susie Elene. It was one of those early episodes that set the tone for the Magnum, we all enjoy.
Thanks Rands!

To me "China Doll" is one of the pivotal episodes of the series. After the pilot movie, China Doll is the first real episode of the series and, as you noted, it sets the tone for what we can expect - the comraderie between Thomas, Rick and TC, the back and forth with Higgins ("You didn't think?" "Yes he did") to the voice overs to the ending violence - we saw what the series is all about.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican

#139 Post by ConchRepublican »

My week three lineup of Magnum Madness was:

- Little Girl Who
- Faith and Begorrah :higgins:
- Mac's Back
- Black on White
CoziTV Superfan spot

Rands
Rear Admiral

#140 Post by Rands »

Conch: Black on White, was another of the high intensity episodes, that provides the beginning of SGM Higgins life. SGM Higgins exceptionally high standards and professionalism, are permanently set by this episode. SGM Higgins comments on the fighting during the Kenyan uprising, and the brutality by both sides, provides the viewer with insight into the soul of a professional soldier, who has fought his Nations wars. Exceptional episode!

ConchRepublican

#141 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rands wrote:Conch: Black on White, was another of the high intensity episodes, that provides the beginning of SGM Higgins life. SGM Higgins exceptionally high standards and professionalism, are permanently set by this episode. SGM Higgins comments on the fighting during the Kenyan uprising, and the brutality by both sides, provides the viewer with insight into the soul of a professional soldier, who has fought his Nations wars. Exceptional episode!
I love when we got more than just a glimpse into Higgins' past. The fact that they weaved in a real event made it more powerful in my mind.
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#142 Post by ConchRepublican »

The last night on my Sweet Sixteen for Magnum March Madness looked like this:

8:00 PM - No Need to Know
9:00 PM - Woman Beach
10:00 PM - Lest We Forget
11:00 PM - Jororo Kill

But . . . is that all? Of course not!! There's another 4 hours I program on the Championship Sunday where the bracket winner is revealed . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot