Who's the hottest babe on Magnum P.I.?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Who's the hottest babe on Magnum P.I.?

Mandy (No Need To Know)
10%
J. Digger Doyle (J. Digger Doyle)
36%
Sara Clifford (The Woman On The Beach)
3%
David Bannister (The Jororo Kill)
1%
Margo (Italian Ice)
3%
Jeannie Lowry (Texas Lightning)
No votes
Bibi Kiamani (Black On White)
3%
Ginger Grant (Mixed Doubles)
3%
Diane Dupres (Echoes Of The Mind)
13%
Other (Please specify in a post)
28%

Total votes: 140

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#181 Post by Italian Ice »

Linda Lee Ellison (Patrice Martinez) all the way ! :)
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Nifty
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#182 Post by Nifty »

I pulled this off a Days Of our Lives where are they now website....

Jessica Blake Fallon 1980-82)
Soon after leaving Days, Jean had two regular TV roles. She played Maggie Poole on Magnum P.I. from 1982-84 and 1986-88 and Caitlin O'Shannessy on the series Airwolf. In 2001, she appeared on the E! True Hollywood Story, recounting her time on Magnum P.I. She started the recurring role of Nurse Colleen on PC in 2000 and continues to occassionally appear on the show. She was also in the 1985 movie Kids Don't Tell and had a guest-starring role on Knight Rider. She is married to Randy Reinholz (Adam, Days). They have been working together on an international play festival called "Native Voices: A Festival of Native Plays." He and Jean have been working on their own projects for the last few years and getting feed back from a writer's group in LA (as well as contributing to other writer's work by holding workshops and staged readings of the scripts). Jean and her husband taught at Illinois State University in Normal, Il. After they left their positions there, they returned to San Diego where Randy got a teaching position at one of the universities there (San Diego State). Jean is the co-creator and executive director of Native Voices Theatre Company, and has over twenty years of experience in theatre, film, and television. She has provided her expertise as a producer, director, script developer, and actor to Native Voices since 1993. As a producer she is instrumental in bringing 'Now Look What You Made Me Do, The Baby Blues, and Urban Tattoo' to theatre audiences in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, and Calgary. She was the recipient of a McKnight Fellowship at the Minneapolis Playwrights Center. Scott directed 'Please Do Not Touch the Indians' at 'Native Voices Back to Normal' and 'Te Ata' at Native Voices in New York, and acted in 'Pranks' at the Theatre of the World Festival and 'Now Look What You Made Me Do' at the Minneapolis Playwrights' Center. Scott is a guest artist for the California State University Summer Arts Program and an adjunct faculty member at San Diego State Universtiy. During her "Airwolf-period" she got to fly helicopters and actually considered getting her own license, but reconsidered after a terrible accident on the set. Since working on Days, she also guest-starred in:

--Downtown
-- "Beverly Hills, 90210" playing "Mrs. Patch" in episode: "80's Night" (episode # 10.6) 10/27/1999
--"Jake and the Fatman" playing "Dr. Carrie Donovan" in episode: "You're Driving Me Crazy" (episode # 3.22) 4/4/1990
--Hardball
--MacGyver
--Matlock (2 episodes)
-- Newhart (ep. "Desperately Desiring Susan" as Susan)
--St. Elsewhere (9 episodes as Roberta Sloan-Erlich)
She appeared on stage in:
--Now Look What You Made Me Do
--Love Letters
--Polo Lounge
She also did numerous commercials (it's unclear if these are before, during ,or after her time on Days):
Coke, Tab, Pepsi, Welches Strawberry Soda, National Rent-A-Car, Hertz, Pillsbury, Blue Bonnet Margarine, Fruit of the Loom, Kelloggs, Kraft, McDonald's, Pearl Vision, Head-n-Shoulders, Bell Telephone, Scrupples, Pittsburgh Paint, Cotton, Tastee Kakes, Wonder Bread, Carl's Junior, Tomy Toys.

AJL
Commander

#183 Post by AJL »

In recurring characters I would probably say Elissa Dulce Hoopai or Dana Delaney. I non-recurring it would probably be Sharon Stone. But then again there's alot and some I don't remember right now :D
Was vaccinated with a phonograph needle one summer break
Same summer that I kissed her on her daddy's boat
And shot across the lake
Singing all the way...
Oh I say mama
Living Ain't a luxury
Oh I say mama
And a lil' ain't enough for me

Jaybird
Admiral

#184 Post by Jaybird »

Maybe Dana Delaney? TM's fiance from LA and Out of Sync...Season 7. There is something quite appealing there. Wholsome and sexy at the same time!

Also, Katherine Kelly Lang, who played Lani the maid in "The Aunt Who Came to Dinner" ....Season 7. She has aged remarkedly well and plays on The Bold and The Beautiful.

In this episode she and TM only exchange "come hither" glances! Too bad!

Mark R.Y.
Captain

#185 Post by Mark R.Y. »

Far too many lovely women appeared throughout the years on "Magnum" for me to narrow down a workable list! But certainly Elissa Dulce remains a huge favorite of mine.

Here she is from the original "Hawaii 5-O" series:

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

Re: Who's the hottest babe on Magnum P.I.?

#186 Post by Frodoleader »

This topic has been gone too long. Time to resurrect it!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#187 Post by ConchRepublican »

Is it me, or did the "ladies of the 80s" seem to be/act/dress/appear more "mature" than those of contemporary age today? I don't want to say frumpiness, because I don't think that's really it, but there's less of a casualness and more of a wanting to look like a "woman" than being themselves.

(Sorry, I got a little "." happy up there)

Anyhoo . . . taking it a step further that most creative things are done for a reason, following the thinking Thomas is working through an extended adolescence and is extremely casual, are these ladies dressed and "done up" (there I go again) as more mature adults purposefully as a contrast to Magnum?

More importantly though, while Erin Grey always gets my vote, I've always had a little something for Jenny Agutter since An American Werewolf in London. Must be the nurse angle. :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#188 Post by Stelth »

For me it's a 3 way tie between Nancy Stafford, Sharon Stone, & Erin Gray. 3-way? Why does that resound so much? Oh, well.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#189 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:Is it me, or did the "ladies of the 80s" seem to be/act/dress/appear more "mature" than those of contemporary age today? I don't want to say frumpiness, because I don't think that's really it, but there's less of a casualness and more of a wanting to look like a "woman" than being themselves............
You could almost imagine the slips under the dresses of the "Ladies of the 80's"....
I hate to be one of those "In my day" guys but we have a Phenomenon going on here in Chicago, and I am betting also in New York as well as across the country; You see young millineum (under 33) ladies walking around in skirts so tight and so short and with"ho-heels" so high that the have to adjust their walk. The funny thing is if they are accompanied by a guy, he is normally in wrinkled khaki shorts, some beavis and butthead type t-shirt and a baseball cap turned backwards. And this is all over from outdoor concerts to fancy dining spots............

Now back to our regular programing, I am aslo an Erin Grey fan but also put Elissa Dulce Hoopai right up there.........

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#190 Post by Danno »

ConchRepublican wrote:Is it me, or did the "ladies of the 80s" seem to be/act/dress/appear more "mature" than those of contemporary age today? I don't want to say frumpiness, because I don't think that's really it, but there's less of a casualness and more of a wanting to look like a "woman" than being themselves.
It's also individuality of character. I'm being slightly facetious but I mourn the loss of Jennifer Grey's nose (as an example).

What sort of pressure convinced her to change her face? She had so much character- and I think character is what is sexy, and without wanting to sound offensive, I'd suggest she's gone for slightly more generic look now.

The pressure in Hollywood to do that must be intense.

Anyway. My vote is still for Julia Nickson-Soul.

But I'd also suggest Dana Delany and the so far unmentioned and hilarious Annie Potts.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#191 Post by Stelth »

I think she looks better without the big schnozz.

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#192 Post by Danno »

Elegantly put, Stelth.

I'd also put a vote out for Jeanne Kanai.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#193 Post by Stelth »

Danno wrote:Elegantly put, Stelth.

I'd also put a vote out for Jeanne Kanai.

Thank you. My field is diplomacy......in the middle east.

Macho Taco
Lieutenant

#194 Post by Macho Taco »

I guess I've always been attracted to beauty AND athleticism. Sound like a vote for Erin Grey with her surf-ski? Not so fast. Give me the dark-haired beauty that pitches for Buzz Benoit's team of ringers in "Squeeze Play." No wonder Rick couldn't hit worth a darn!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#195 Post by ConchRepublican »

Macho Taco wrote:I guess I've always been attracted to beauty AND athleticism. Sound like a vote for Erin Grey with her surf-ski? Not so fast. Give me the dark-haired beauty that pitches for Buzz Benoit's team of ringers in "Squeeze Play." No wonder Rick couldn't hit worth a darn!
Much like Brigadoon the Macho Taco appears from the mists but once a year . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04