Eve Glover Anderson

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: Eve Glover Anderson

#151 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:That's great - way to go Eve!!!!! I wonder if she is trimming any trees at her new place....she is getting up there in age now. You never know with her....she's a tough one! :D
She'll be 80 this year :shock:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#152 Post by Sam »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:That's great - way to go Eve!!!!! I wonder if she is trimming any trees at her new place....she is getting up there in age now. You never know with her....she's a tough one! :D
She still probably scoots up the tree like a ringtail lemur

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#153 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Sam wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
She still probably scoots up the tree like a ringtail lemur
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#154 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Another one with Eve, kayaking & training for the next year's triathlon. Just the first part of the article is about her.

Honolulu Advertiser, October 31, 1980...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#155 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Eve was the first woman to kayak across the Molokai (Kaiwi) Channel, in the Kanaka Ikaika kayak race (http://www.kanakaikaika.com/maui-jim-mo ... enge-2018/)... 32 miles from Molokai to Oahu. The parts about her begin where I've highlighted her name.

Honolulu Advertiser, November 3, 1980...

Honolulu Star Bulletin, November 3, 1980...

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#156 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Honolulu Star-Bulletin & Advertiser, October 17, 1982...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#157 Post by KENJI »

More fantastic finds there RG!!
I'm most impressed at her athletic achievements!
The Ironman Marathon and the Molokai-to Oahu Kayak race are very difficult and basically self-inflicted torture on the body. She really is a tough cookie! I just wish she could've held on a little longer to Pahonu!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#158 Post by J.J. Walters »

So much great info on Eve and her family! She was a go-getter! Thank you again for sharing that RG! :)

Here she is again in Season One's "Beauty Knows No Pain" competing in the Ironman Triathlon race, with Magnum barely keeping up! :)

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

D.Fenn88
Ensign

#159 Post by D.Fenn88 »

Can I ask why everyone is interested in my Great Aunt? She is an incredible woman. And really appreciate the amazing finds you all have found.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#160 Post by Pahonu »

D.Fenn88 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 pm Can I ask why everyone is interested in my Great Aunt? She is an incredible woman. And really appreciate the amazing finds you all have found.
Welcome to the forum! I’m glad you have enjoyed reading the information about her. She seems to have accomplished some incredible things indeed. It’s a pretty straightforward answer to your question. She inherited the home in Waimanalo that was depicted in the series as Robin’s Nest. If you have any information about the estate, now sadly gone, I’m sure forum members would love to hear it. The same is true for Mrs. Anderson herself. Her home played a significant role in the series. Welcome again.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#161 Post by ConchRepublican »

D.Fenn88 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:32 pm Can I ask why everyone is interested in my Great Aunt? She is an incredible woman. And really appreciate the amazing finds you all have found.
Welcome to Magnum Mania D.Fenn88!

Pahonu said it best, your Great Aunt owned the Estate where our favorite TV show was based and what has become a bit of a pilgrimage for we fans of the show. She is an interesting woman and we amateur Private Investigators love to dig up as much as we can about all things Magnum, P.I.

Please send her our warmest regards and if you have anything interesting to share we'd love to see/hear it!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#162 Post by Steve »

Wow, yes indeed welcome to the site......More than a few of us share fond memories of what I consider our Mecca.........If you have any information on her and any updates of her ex-homestead let us know!!!

Dennis
Ensign

#163 Post by Dennis »

There was a post or link previously to an old newspaper article that detailed the building of Pahonu. I believe it had been written just before construction began. Could somebody find and post that again?

orangemike
Ensign

#164 Post by orangemike »

KENJI wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:17 pm During the 1990's Eve was a Republican politician, who served for many terms. She must've represented the people well. http://archives.starbulletin.com/2000/0 ... l/h51.html
http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDe ... eID=234334
Actually, she ran for office a number of times, but only won office once, when the Democratic State Representative incumbent she had lost twice against, tried to beat Mazie Irono in the Democratic primary for Lt. Governor instead. She was not re-elected.