A beer I found

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

stever
Lieutenant Commander

A beer I found

#1 Post by stever »

I'm meeting my old boss for beers Monday night at a brewpub in the Seattle area. I have never been to this location so I looked at their menu (food and beer) on-line and saw this beer listed.

Magnum P.A.
A batch of our legendary IPA that we decided to give a bit of a different treatment; a massive dose of Magnum hops, known for their unique spicy, citrusy character. Grab a lei and a Hawaiian shirt and just maybe you'll find your car has transmogrified into a red Ferrari 308 GTS while you enjoyed this beer!

I'll have to try it out and report back next week.
SR

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: A beer I found

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

I have been on the search for the Magnum IPA for years. The brewery I had found in the South had just finished their limited run. I would LOVE to offer Magnum IPA at the tiki bar!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Hi Stever,

What is the name of this location?
Cheers

ConchRepublican

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

CoziTV Superfan spot

stever
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by stever »

Hi Kenji, sorry for the slow response, it is Diamond Knot Brewing, they have a location in Mukilteo and a new one in Mountlake Terrace where I went and tried the Magnum PA. I'm not a big IPA fan but liked these. Sadly my SUV remained an SUV and did not turn into a Ferrari.

SR

ConchRepublican

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

stever wrote:Hi Kenji, sorry for the slow response, it is Diamond Knot Brewing, they have a location in Mukilteo and a new one in Mountlake Terrace where I went and tried the Magnum PA. I'm not a big IPA fan but liked these. Sadly my SUV remained an SUV and did not turn into a Ferrari.

SR
Grrrr ...... I went to their site and they don't have the details about the Magnum PA. Can you provid a link? I need more details!!!! :twisted:
CoziTV Superfan spot

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#7 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Glad to hear they're still brewing it. Thought it was just a one-off novelty beer.

James posted about it back in 2010.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think the one James posted was a different one. It was from Sweetwater in Atlanta. It looks like this one is brewed in Seattle. Magnum beer mania has spread from coast to coast :magnum:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by KENJI »

Different labels that is for sure.....the more the merrier!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KENJI »

I just found this for Magnum PA......COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Oh we are makin’ the magic happen now. Put on the Hawaiian Shirt, fire up the Ferrari (or the bubble helicopter if T.C. is handy) and bring your bad selves to the Terminal for some Magnum P.A. I will turn it over to Thomas for the intro. Okay Hop-heads, we have found a way to combine the strong aromatic hop of a big West coast style double IPA and and the subtle bitter hop finish of a traditional English IPA . Magnum hops combined with traditional Cascade will make your over stimulated tongue do a double take. Close your mouth and let the hops do their magic. Wait for it, wait for it. Okay now pop that top button open and let the sexy out (that’s your fresh crop of chest hair.)
It is an India Pale Ale (IPA) brewed by Terminal BrewHouse in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#11 Post by Hawaii Winds »

What happened to "Old Duseldorf"?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#12 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Anybody know what kind of licensing is required to manufacture and retail something like this? I would assume that you'd need to get permission from Universal - but I also think they'd be highly unlikely to give it. Do you think these guys just fly below the radar?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.