33 yrs and counting!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

33 yrs and counting!

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

33 years ago tonight, Magnum PI made it's premiere! I watched it then, and I'll watch it today! who'd of thunk it!
"pickled egg please"

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: 33 yrs and counting!

#2 Post by terryfromkerry »

MagnumILWU wrote:33 years ago tonight, Magnum PI made it's premiere! I watched it then, and I'll watch it today! who'd of thunk it!
I watched one tonight too. Not realising it was the premiere anniveresary , until you said. I certainly do not feel 33 years older ...... back then I was 23 ........ and I am still enjoying MPI.

Hey MagnumILWU , next year you should remind us on this site a few days in advance to commemerate the anniversary by watching our individual chosen favourite episode and we could post our choice and reviews on same.

On another topic I got a big screen HD TV recently. Even though my MPI DVD boxsets ( bought circa 2004 ) are not HD they are very much more visually enhanced in appearance now.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Danno »

Wow. Happy 33rd, Magnum, P.I.
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Estate resident
Captain

#4 Post by Estate resident »

The fact we're all dicussing a show which in its time could have been watched for free on a b&w 10in tv speaks volumes as to just how little we've grown as a culture judging from how pathetic tv is today. I always wonder just low the # of people watching television at 7pm on Thursday night is today compared to 1984.
Last edited by Estate resident on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sisophous
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Sisophous »

terryfromkerry wrote:
On another topic I got a big screen HD TV recently. Even though my MPI DVD boxsets ( bought circa 2004 ) are not HD they are very much more visually enhanced in appearance now.
Yes, my experience too with the full series box set I purchased a few months ago. If you have a high definition set and use a HDMI cable going from your DVD player to your set you will get a near high definition picture, pretty close to 720p. The signal is upconverted and looks better than standard definition. I'm very happy with my MPI discs.