Me in the 1980's

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Me in the 1980's

#16 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi Steve,

I am getting a visual of a pair of speedos ........ please tell me I am wrong !
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Steve »

terryfromkerry wrote:Hi Steve,

Oh no, I will leave the speedo look for the europeans, just some descent cut swim shorts ala what MagnumILWU has in his picture on the beach in Oregon. Besides, at 59 years old I still have kept my legs, the stomach, however, has spread an inch or two over my 80's stomach and I will spare family, friends and the general public from that display........... :lol:

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by terryfromkerry »

Great comeback Steve ! This european is going to blame the French for that particular innovation. At 56 I am more or less in the same position as you regarding 80's legs and stomach.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by terryfromkerry »

Steve wrote: ↑Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Oh no, I will leave the speedo look for the europeans, just some descent cut swim shorts ala what MagnumILWU has in his picture on the beach in Oregon. Besides, at 59 years old I still have kept my legs, the stomach, however, has spread an inch or two over my 80's stomach and I will spare family, friends and the general public from that display........... :lol:
RIP Steve. I recall this humourous exchange about short shorts 😊

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

terryfromkerry wrote: ↑Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:53 am

Terry,
It's funny how the written word brings to life a person who died. I came across a file with a few exchanged notes from a pal of mine who died in 2008,
when I read the words it was like hearing him once more disparaging the Yankees or my life long choice of May Ann in the eternal Ginger versus Mary Ann debate.

He suddenly died in China right before the 2008 Olympics. When his family declared they wanted the body shipped home for an autopsy (he had undergone
extensive physicals by his Italian company before being sent overseas) the government within the hour cremated him and presented only the ashes instead.
The reason? It was not uncommon then - and still isn't - for local drug manufacturers to use poisonous substances that under analysis mimic far more expensive
ingredients used in medicines.
So they sometimes use - by accident - too much of the faux ingredient in combination with the legit one, and people get sick or die, by the hundreds or more.
While China does have the Rule of Law for the everyday mundane things, if you bribe the local Communist party bigwig you can do what you want.
As this was literally right before the Olympics, with the world's media present, the Communists didn't want the bad press of an American dying because the Party was
getting a piece of the action from crooks. So they cremated Glen.
For decades most all deaths from tainted medicine hasn't been officially noted or reported in the media, as when this first happened the blow back was huge
and shook local authorities by the anger directed at officials. It illustrated how rotten and corrupt the Chinese oligarchs are.

I would note this was all related to me 15 years ago.

Sorry to prattle on about this, but I would advise anyone traveling to China, or planning to stay for an extended time, to do what my buddy's Italian
company and many other foreign owned firms there tell their American and other foreign employees:
Bring enough of your meds for the duration of your trip, or if staying on to work, order all your meds from Japan.

As for me you couldn't pay me to visit the People's Paradise, their president makes Wo Fat look like a piker.

By the way, they have also had many cases of tainted pet food killing animals. And that tilapia in your store from China?
Comes from fish farms where they use human waste. No thanks, I pass.

I apologize for straying too far off of Magnum World. But remembering all this just got me ticked off again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Without teachers every generation would have to start by discovering fire and inventing the wheel"...Paladin (Have Gun Will Travel)

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: ↑Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:15 am

Terry,
It's funny how the written word brings to life a person who died. I came across a file with a few exchanged notes from a pal of mine who died in 2008,
when I read the words it was like hearing him once more disparaging the Yankees or my life long choice of May Ann in the eternal Ginger versus Mary Ann debate.

He suddenly died in China right before the 2008 Olympics. When his family declared they wanted the body shipped home for an autopsy (he had undergone
extensive physicals by his Italian company before being sent overseas) the government within the hour cremated him and presented only the ashes instead.
The reason? It was not uncommon then - and still isn't - for local drug manufacturers to use poisonous substances that under analysis mimic far more expensive
So they sometimes use - by accident - too much of the faux ingredient in combination with the legit one, and people get sick or die, by the hundreds or more.
While China does have the Rule of Law for the everyday mundane things, if you bribe the local Communist party bigwig you can do what you want.
As this was literally right before the Olympics, with the world's media present, the Communists didn't want the bad press of an American dying because the Party was
For decades most all deaths from tainted medicine hasn't been officially noted or reported in the media, as when this first happened the blow back was huge
and shook local authorities by the anger directed at officials. It illustrated how rotten and corrupt the Chinese oligarchs are.

Sorry to prattle on about this, but I would advise anyone traveling to China, or planning to stay for an extended time, to do what my buddy's Italian
company and many other foreign owned firms there tell their American and other foreign employees:
Bring enough of your meds for the duration of your trip, or if staying on to work, order all your meds from Japan.

As for me you couldn't pay me to visit the People's Paradise, their president makes Wo Fat look like a piker.

By the way, they have also had many cases of tainted pet food killing animals. And that tilapia in your store from China?

I apologize for straying too far off of Magnum World. But remembering all this just got me ticked off again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Without teachers every generation would have to start by discovering fire and inventing the wheel"...Paladin (Have Gun Will Travel)
Can't imagine why anyone would even consider visiting Russia or China or any other "third world" dictatorship. No thanks. Plenty of places on the globe to visit without being worried if you'll ever make it back again.

Raykv423
Lieutenant Commander

#22 Post by Raykv423 »

Terry,

Jesus Christ....reading this made my blood boil. Reeks of suspicion. I'm really sorry about your friend. God, I hate corruption and totalitarian governments so much.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Raykv423 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:37 am

Terry,

Jesus Christ....reading this made my blood boil. Reeks of suspicion. I'm really sorry about your friend. God, I hate corruption and totalitarian governments so much.
Hi Raykv423,
Thanks pal, in that Great McSorley's Ale House in the Sky I have no doubt my buddy Glen is toasting you in return.
As for totalitarian thuggery, just wait till the Dalai Lama dies and the search for his replacement begins. Peking will immediately install their puppet as the new Dalai Lama
and the people of Tibet will rise up. They won't stand a chance but it won't matter, the Dalai Lama functions as a Pope/King all in one, their faith and patriotism won't
allow them to submit.
Tibet is going to burn and in the end the Chinese will take a page out of Moscow's book and scatter the surviving Tibetans across their far flung empire in penny packet groupings.
All the media experts can't see this story which is right in front of their eyes, as the current Dali Lama is very old. But it's coming, and soon.