Top 5 of Season 1

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgiebaby
Lieutenant Commander

#16 Post by Higgiebaby »

Ok.

Waltstasz
Admiral

#17 Post by Waltstasz »

I don't think you ladies have to be worried about saying Magnum is hot. My wife says that he looks the best when he's coming out of the water after a swim and his hair is all wet. The way I figure it is at least she watches the show with me!

Here are my top five from season 1:

1. Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii
2. Lest We Forget
3. Thicker Than Blood
4. All Roads Lead to Floyd
5. The Black Orchid (I didn't think the plot was all that great but it's so much fun seeing Magnum 'act'. :D )
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Forgive me for resurrecting an ancient thread, but I've just finished re-watching and reviewing the first season, and it seemed like a good time to sum up my personal Top 5 of the season. It was tough, because it has a number of greats. Even so, I think I've included a couple that not everyone will agree with.

1. CHINA DOLL
After the watchable but patchy Pilot, things really took off with this classic episode. A great (if silent) villain and an interesting plot.

2. J. "DIGGER" DOYLE
Another series classic, this one has it all – drama, comedy, action… what more could you want from a MPI episode.

3. BEAUTY KNOWS NO PAIN
Actually ties second place. A light-hearted and fun way to round off the season. Magnum being put through his paces of the Ironman contest is really amusing.

4. LEST WE FORGET
A clever episode that switches between the past and the present.

5. THE UGLIEST DOG IN HAWAII
I know what you're thinking (!), but I really like this episode. It's silly and fun, and a great comedy adventure. Although it did tie fifth position with the far more serious NEVER AGAIN... NEVER AGAIN.

As for least favourite episode... the only one that I really didn't care much for was THANK HEAVEN FOR LITTLE GIRLS AND BIG ONES TOO. The series really felt to be finding its feet, and the plot just didn't do much for me.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#19 Post by Jodykmg365 »

Never again....never again was my favorite of that season. Followed by the season premier 2 parter, only because we got a rare glimpse inside the house. Adelaide and then lest we forget.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#20 Post by Agatha »

My Season 1 favorites are as follows:

Lest We Forget

Thicker Than Blood

J Digger Doyle

No Need to Know

Never Again...Never Again

You'll notice that I haven't numbered them because my VERY favorite episode changes from day to day...hour to hour...depending on a multitude of things (my mood, the weather, what phase the moon is in...). In fact, some days my VERY favorite episode isn't even on this list! It might be China Doll or Adelaide or Beauty Knows No Pain...or...or...

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by Steve »

beedeebeedeebee J. Digger Doyle!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#22 Post by Agatha »

This is a favorite episode topic, Steve...not a favorite lady topic!!

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#23 Post by Rutledal »

My top 5 in no particular order.

Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii

All Roads Lead to Floyd, purley based on the preformance of Noah Beery Jr.

Missing in Action

Never Again ... Never Again

China Doll
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Agatha wrote:You'll notice that I haven't numbered them because my VERY favorite episode changes from day to day...hour to hour...depending on a multitude of things (my mood, the weather, what phase the moon is in...). In fact, some days my VERY favorite episode isn't even on this list! It might be China Doll or Adelaide or Beauty Knows No Pain...or...or...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is like that! :lol:
I'll watch a particular episode to death, then watch another one and pick up on something in it I had forgotten about, then that will become a favourite ep for a while.
The great thing about MPI is that there are so many details and quirks worked into the stories. Even the weaker episodes have something to offer.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#25 Post by Agatha »

I TOTALLY agree, Jay!!

HiHo
Commander

#26 Post by HiHo »

1. China Doll
2. No Need to Know
3. J. Digger Doyle
4. The Curse of the KKC
5. Beauty Knows No Pain

Least: Adelaide or Don’t Say Goodbye
"I know what you're thinking..."