The Files of Kenji, Staff Gardner - Robins Nest

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: The Files of Kenji, Staff Gardner - Robins Nest

#31 Post by Doc Ibold »

Lest We Forget:

There is something strange going on at the estate. While I'm pretty sure Mr. Magnum and Mr. Higgins respect each other, they generally try to avoid each other, especially in Mr. Magnums case. However lately, Mr. Higgins has been..NICE to Mr. Magnum. Even stranger, the lads have been nice to Mr. Magnum. It's been enough that Mr. Higgins has been doing research for Mr. Magnum and even made him a lunch!

That night, Mr. Magnum even broke the transmission on the Ferrari. Ever since Mr. Calvin did the tune up, Mr. Magnum has been responsible for its upkeep. But the next morning when I went to the main house to discuss the new floral arrangements Mr. Higgins planned, I heard him speaking with the insurance company and to have the repairs billed to the estate!

I think the strangest thing overall was that afternoon Mr. Magnum came up and asked if I knew anything about bridge. I told him I didn't, and he walked away with a strange look on his face.

Later on he, Mr. Higgins and Mrs. Blackmore and the late governors wife were playing bridge on the terrace. Mr. Magnum and Mrs Pawley seemed to be quite friendly. The last I saw, Mr. Magnum was asking which cards were wild. Mr Higgins didn't look pleased, so I assume this is the end of the truce here on the estate!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#32 Post by Doc Ibold »

The Curse of the King Kamehameha Club:

I decided to ask Mr. Higgins if I could take a week off from the estate and supervise the new landscaping project at the KKC. Since everything is up to date, Mr. Higgins enthusiastically agreed. It also helps that the KKC is projected to bring in a nice revenue stream due to the Surf Ski race there. To be honest, I also wanted to be there first hand to check it out, as I had placed a small wager on Henry Lewis. I know Mr. Magnum is entered.. I'm just not sure he will win.

Update:

A few days in and the updates are going well. It's hard to keep the team focused with all of the reporters and traffic going in and out of the club. I also have to watch the Complaints Corner box, as some of my workers like putting in fake claims such as protesting the lack of mandatory bikinis in the dining room or the fact that 5-6pm should be complimentary drink hour at the bar. Mr. Higgins is quite annoyed, but he seems certain Mr. Magnum is behind it.

Update #2

Something very strange is going here. A kahuna came in the other day and apparently put a curse on the entire club! Soon after, Henry Lewis dropped dead in a surfski race with Mr. Magnum, and then there was a mysterious fire in the kitchen. Speaking of which, there is a female reporter who seems to be hanging around the kitchen an awful lot. I should bring that up to Mr. Wright.

The bartender, Moki gave the crew a case of beer on the club, courtesy of Mr. Wright because they all stayed around even though the club is cursed. I don't believe it myself, but some members of the crew were very nervous and this eased their minds.. If only for that afternoon. Mr. Wright definitely knows how to keep his employees happy.

But, people have started leaving the club and no one is around. We met an older man who went by the name of Charlie and started chatting about he surf ski race and shared our beer with him. He thanked us and advised me to place a bet on a Kiki Kahuna to place 57th. I looked her up in the registry and she's only 11 years old! I asked Charlie why he wouldn't place the same bet, but he said he didnt use his powers for personal gain. On a side note, I should probably go in to the doctor to get my eyes checked. When we were talking, one of his eyes kept flashing a bright ruby red. I hope it isn't anything serious.

I felt bad about changing my bet with Mr. Wright as Henry had passed but he seemed a bit unwell and placed it on 10:1 odds anyway that she would finish 57th. I hope my $10 is well spent. I think he should see the doctor too! I ran into Mr. Magnum and TC and they decided they were going to look for some answers.

Update 3: Mr. Wright really WAS sick. He was taken to the hospital. Soon after, he learned that the reporter was behind it all in order to break the lease on the club and sell it to some developers. On a brighter note, my bet came through!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#33 Post by Doc Ibold »

Thicker Than Blood:

I don't know what it it is, but today seems different than the rest. It's like there's a song in the air that makes you think of adventure and excitement, and that anything is possible.

The day started off like any other on Robins Nest. I saw a woman sneak out of the guest house with a smile on her face. When she saw me, she put a finger to her lips and winked.

Later that morning, I saw Mr. Wright sprinting across the lawn with the lads in hot pursuit. Mr. Higgins should just give he and TC keys, seeing as they're here all the time. I suppose it's because he wants to keep uninvited guests out. But I think he secretly likes having the two of them around.

I was working in the bushes under the guest house when someone threw something over the rail. It smelled like eggs and beer and was bluish in color. Im pretty sure Ill have to get a new shirt and take a few showers to get the smell out.

Mr. Magnum and Mr. Higgins must have really got into an argument that afternoon. When it was over, Mr. Magnum roared off in the Ferrari. When I asked Mr. Higgins if everything was OK, he seemed stunned and told me that Mr. Magnum would be moving off the estate Sunday. I hope that isn't the case, because even though he is a bit strange and I think he was the one who threw some foul smelling goo on me (I'd like to think it was an accident), I like him. I don't think it would be the same around here without him.

Sunday came, and TC, some of his softball team and Mr. Wright came to the estate to help Mr. Magnum pack. Mr. Higgins came to check on the guesthouse! I suppose. Shortly after that, he came out of the estate with a small smile on his face. When he saw me at the bottom of the stairs, he composed himself and told me Mr. Magnum was staying after all. When I knocked on the guesthouse to see if I could help him move his things back in, he was wearing Groucho Marx glasses and holding a gorilla mask. I guess things are back to normal, or as normal as it gets around here!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#34 Post by ConchRepublican »

:lol:

Good stuff!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#35 Post by J.J. Walters »

I've been out of the loop for a while and look what I've come back to! Doc Ibold is always up to something Magnumific! LOL! I like it! What a great idea. :)

Let's see if I can add something to this..... *ahem*

I came back from pruning the Azaleastrum's and fertilizing the lawn when Tom (that's right, I call him "Tom") rather rudely snapped this picture of me as I was admiring the Lads. He didn't even ask me if it was ok. It's not even his camera for christ's sake! Y todavía me debe diez dólares!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#36 Post by Doc Ibold »

Ha, you read my mind James!

I'm starting to get away from him calling everyone Mr. This or Mr. That - frankly because I'm sick of typing it constantly!

:lol:

Ive already gotten TC done. Mr. Wright can go once TC starts calling Rick "Orville" all the time, which Rick will put the kaibosh on in typical Rick fashion. Magnum will probably go next. Higgins might be a little tricky.

As for the KKC/ Estate light episodes in season 6, aka Going Home and Paniolo. I already have a plan to establish Kenji's extensive involvement in Magnums most referenced yet unexplained case ala Sherlock Holmes "Giant Rat of Sumatra, a story for the world is not yet prepared."

Bonus points to the forum member who guesses what I'm talking about.

:magnum:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#37 Post by ConchRepublican »

Doc Ibold wrote:I already have a plan to establish Kenji's extensive involvement in Magnums most referenced yet unexplained case ala Sherlock Holmes "Giant Rat of Sumatra, a story for the world is not yet prepared."

Bonus points to the forum member who guesses what I'm talking about.
The Noodle Incident finally revealed? Wait, that's not Magnum ....... :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by Danno »

The Noodle Incident finally revealed? Wait, that's not Magnum ....... :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Damn, Doc- this would make for a good fan series on YouTube! 8)
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#39 Post by Doc Ibold »

All Roads Lead To Floyd.

Mr. Higgins has gone on vacation to England for a few days. Mr. Magnum and TC have been taking advantage of the tennis courts in his absence. I'm not a tennis expert, but I think he should stick to volleyball.

On another note, when I asked Mr. Magnum if he knew what the goo was from the other day so I could try and get the stain out, he apologized profusely. He didn't offer to replace my shirt, but he did seem very sorry. He also told me I could stop calling him Mr, and just to call him Thomas or Magnum.

I decided that since Mr. Higgins was away, and most of my duties were done at the estate and the club, I would go to the gift exchange. I met a girl at the bar, one thing led to another and we ended up discussed my winnings from the surf ski race. She suggested I go with her to the party. I wanted to see if Magnum could loan me the Ferrari, but I couldn't find him or the car anywhere.

I ended up going to this gift exchange, but didn't contribute. Magnum and a young woman were there, and before I could get into the party, my date deserted me to talk to Magnum and some man who looked and sounded like a holdover from Elvis' Memphis Mafia! It wasn't a big deal, as I ended up finding a great craps game in the bathroom and won big!

The next thing I know, people are yelling for someone named Floyd, shits ring out and everyone ran off. I couldn't seem to find Magnum anywhere, and when the police showed up, they remembered me from picking up the Jimmy in the marijuana field and paid extra attention to me.

I ended up going back to the estate, where Magnum and the lady from the craps game (who won as big as I did) were, along with a beat up old car. Mr. Higgins came back early, and per usual, got into a fight with Magnum. I could hear it all the way from the potting shed where I was stashed my winnings.

As Higgins left for the club the next morning he told me that Magnum wrecked the Ferrari and would pay dearly. I guess the beat up car is his punishment? He certainly looked cramped in it!

The next morning, Magnum, the young lady and an older man left in the beat up car. Before they left, Mr. Wright showed up in the Ferrari and it looked perfect. The young lady even paid for it! I definitely won't be getting in that habit the way Magnum drives. Besides, he owes me a new shirt!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#40 Post by Doc Ibold »

Adelaide:

Mr. Higgins is busy officiating a volleyball tournament at the club. Magnum is also entered, much to Mr. Higgins displeasure. Soon afterward he disappeared for a night, which isn't uncommon for him. When he came back, he told me about fighting off some horsenappers!

Aside from the volleyball tournament, Mr. Higgins is attending Mr. Masters inaugural horse show in the islands. As Magnum is preoccupied with a case he is working, Mr. Higgins has put me in charge of the estate. I'm glad to see that he is judging things because I thought for a minute he was starting to add ribbons to his suits as a fashion statement!

A few days later, Magnum returned and Mr. Higgins was in a rare mood as he was reading the paper on the lanai. The cover story was that Magnum had aided some horse thieves. He may be a little strange, but I don't think he's a thief.

All in all, it's been a quiet week, which makes me think things are going to start settling down around here.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#41 Post by Doc Ibold »

Don't Say Goodbye:

I caught the dogs chewing on Mr. Magnums phone lines the other day. I was going to tell him, but he left rather suddenly after his morning swim in the tidal pool.

I've learned that Robins Nest isn't the only estate on the island where strange things happen. At our most recent meeting of the Oahu Gardeners and Landscape Engineers Society, I was speaking to Rodrigues, who works at the Kimball estate and he tells me all sorts of strange things go on there. Mrs. Kimball sounds like a sweet old lady who is confined to a wheelchair and is blind. He says all sorts of accidents have been happening ever since her niece and nephew in law moved in with her. Accidents have been happening, and he's afraid that he might lose his job ever since an exit ramp was moved and he was questioned about it.

He confided in me that Magnum was investigating the case, and wondered my opinion of him. I told him that Magnum was an odd, but very good investigator who seems to have a great success rate. Rodrigues isn't as certain as he feels that the niece is hiding something, but Magnum seems quite close to her and might not look at everything objectively.

He's a good friend so we decided to follow him in the Jimmy to see what was happening, and when he got to an overlook, he was shot at! Rodrigues could have sworn that he saw Stewarts car drive off, but he couldn't be sure. We left soon after, and decided our investigating days were behind us!

When I heard from him later that night, Mrs. Kimball was pushed into the pool, but she wouldn't admit it when he rescued her. It seems really strange to have a pool with a blind woman in an electric wheelchair nearby. I would have thought that may have electrocuted her.

The next day, Magnum had Mr. Wright and TC over. I think he was trying to get them to buy off on going out on a date with Fat Jacks sister Eunice. He tried asking me earlier that morning, but I said no as I was already seeing someone. Or about to be seeing someone. I've met Eunice before when I made the mistake of eating at Fat Jacks. She is a nice enough lady, but far too clingy for my taste. Besides, after a few dates, I have a feeling Fat Jack would tell me to marry her.. Or else.

Rodrigues called to tell me that it seems that everything is back to normal. Apparently, Stewart, Mrs. Kimball's nephew in law was the one behind the attacks. Unfortunately, he died in a gruesome harbor accident on Maui. I should have told him that while Magnum is a great investigator, sometimes his involvement has an above average result in death of people involved in the investigation!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#42 Post by Doc Ibold »

The Black Orchid:

An expensive Rolls Royce came to the estate this morning. Normally, this wouldn't have me skip a beat working at Robins Nest. The woman who came with the Rolls was a different story. She dressed, talked and acted like something straight out of a 30s movie -complete with cigarette holder. She even got away with calling Mr. Higgins a little man and inquired if he was Magnums assistant. I've never seen him lost for words before.

It turned out the woman was here to see Magnum, and they took a stroll in the beach. She seemed like she was living in a time warp from what I could hear before the got out of earshot. I hope they hurry before the tide comes in. Mr. Higgins soon got over his surprise and turned his attention to the Rolls.

Mr. Higgins had me prepare a memo listing the types and colors of all the flora in the estate to give to a Miss Mabel Dodge, who is going to be doing some work on the guest house. Apparently she needs them for brainstorming.

Later that day, Magnum appeared in an old fashioned white suit and asked me if I knew any places on the island where it would be believable to get attacked. I'm not sure why he thinks Id be a good source, as he's the one who is constantly getting beat up or shot at. I resisted the urge to tell him to go where he always goes.. But then decided to ignore the question and recommended the docks to him.

The next day, Mabel Dodge began her renovations of the guesthouse after Magnum left. Mr. Higgins seemed to take great delight and enthusiasm at the colors she picked out. I doubt Magnum will have the same enthusiasm.

When he returned that night as I was leaving... There were a few things of note. The first - He looked like he was on the receiving end of an elephant stampede. Second - he was with the strange woman from the other day... Whom I learned was the wife of Windham Jackson. Lastly, there was a bullethole in the Ferrari! When I saw them going, or limping, to the guest house... I knew that had to be trouble, based upon stories I heard from fellow OGLES members who worked for him.

My suspicions were correct. I arrived the next morning to find a rampaging Windham Jackson storming towards the guesthouse with Mr. Higgins and a woman in tow. Shortly afterwards, an ambulance came and whisked Mrs. Jackson away. Magnum followed in the Jimmy, as his Ferrari privileges must have been revoked (again).

I helped Mr. Higgins take some paintings and sculptures over the the now redesigned guesthouse. As I suspected, Magnums displeasure was heard throughout the grounds.

A few days later, Magnum took a break. Mabel Dodge was due for a visit. I hoped they would miss each other, but it wasn't to be. I didn't catch the conversation, but Magnum seemed as pleased as punch when he saw her.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#43 Post by Doc Ibold »

J. Digger Doyle:

Mr. Magnum brought a woman to the estate today. On any other day, that wouldn't seem very out of the ordinary. He seems to bring a lot of clients to the estate, much to Mr. Higgins chagrin.

This woman was different. She arrived in a Ferrari exact to the detail as Mr. Masters. They went inside, and within minutes, she had a tour of the estate grounds in the Jimmy with Mr. Higgins. They caught TC scaling the wall as Mr. Higgins had changed the password, and she was berating Mr. Higgins for his lax handling of security on the estate. Magnum, surprisingly, was defending him. I was then brought into the study to explain what I did at the estate, how long I was employed there. Magnum vouched for me and I was told to go about my duties as normal by the woman, but be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary.

I wanted to raise my hand and volunteer that all of this was out of the ordinary, but she had a look in her eyes that made me decide to keep quiet. TC and Mr. Wright came by, and Mr. Wright soon took up by the front gate with a gun and was checking everyone coming and going from the estate... And at this point that was only me.

I ran into Mr. Higgins later who seemed distraught and thanked me for my work before he resigned. He also informed me that Miss Doyle (as her name turned out to be) was in charge of the estate from here on out and to react to any orders she gave as if they were given by him. He also told me that he couldn't tell me anything more. He then left in the Audi.

Later that afternoon, a man dropped off the Audi without Mr. Higgins. Everyone seemed very suspicious of his story? They let him go, and searched the Audi. They then left in a rush.

When they returned, they had a very "talkative" Mr. Higgins with them. Magnum seemed especially annoyed with Miss Doyle. I decided to go back to the potting shed to get out of that uncomfortable situation as soon as I could. Everyone left after that again.

I emerged to the sound of helicopters and gunfire. When I peeked out, I saw Mr, Wright in a shoot out with some people from the electric company. When I saw my pickup, it looked like the Ferrari after a night out with Magnum. TCs chopper swooped down and Mr Higgins and Mr . Masters jumoed out! Mr. Masters ran to the house and Higgins ran with Magnum to the guesthouse, which seemed strange to me.

When all was said and done, the president of Starguard was after the tapes of Mr. Masters who traded places with Mr. Higgins. I wonder if that was easy to do?

Everyone seemed quite excited, but I want to know who will pay for my pickup? Mr. Masters left shortly after with TC. Maybe when TC returns, I'll ask him about his insurance claims for bullet holes. He does leave here muttering about them all the time.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#44 Post by Doc Ibold »

Beauty Knows No Pain:

I had to drop off the Ferrari downtown to Magnum today. Mr. Higgins was almost giddy with joy when he gave me the keys and and instructed me to go to Honolulu Lulus, which sent him into another fit of laughter. Magnum ended up being with a rather shrill woman who introduced herself as Barbara Terranova from Bayonne, New Jersey. Magnum seemed quite glad to see me. Barbara, on the other hand, seemed a little put out. She insisted on paying me.. With what I assumed to be a sandwich.

When I returned to the estate, I learned that Magnum was being sponsored by TC and Island Hoppers for the Ironman! I feel sorry for Magnum. Mr. Higgins joyous mood remained, and he is even working with Mr. Masters to purchase him a bicycle. Of course, he is being trained by one Barbara Terranova. The next few days consisted of Magnum being followed by "Babs". She also seemed to latch onto me to gather special herbs to "increase his stamina".

Each morning she would join me in seeing what I found for the day where I would be subjected to never ending stories of Roger, her "boyfriend" whom Magnum is supposed to find, Bayonne, New Jersey and the "Firmer Body In 10 Days fitness salon." My only relief would be when Magnum would trudge out of the guest house to try to avoid her. She would then latch onto him, and run off screaming "Beauty Knows No Pain!!!!!!!!" at the top of her lungs.

I know I felt bad for Magnum for having to compete in the Ironman.. But I think I should reserve it for Roger. I can't figure out if I want Magnum to find him so she can leave the estate, or for him NOT to find Roger, so Roger can live out his days in peace and quiet and never have to hear about Bayonne, New Jersey again.

Everyone went to see Magnum compete. Mr. Higgins asked me to watch over the estate in his absence. I decided while everyone was out, I would stop by the Austin Memorial Gardens. It's only open to visitors rarely, so maybe Ill take this chance to sneak a peek.

I went to the gardens and lost myself among the crowds and decided to take a tour through the back paths I heard about from my friend, Lou Greyhosky who used to work there.

Imagine my surprise when I came upon Mr. Higgins, Magnum, another man, and Babs beating a man with a bucket. I got away, or at least I thought so, before anyone saw me.

That night at the estate, Mr. Higgins pulled me aside and told me that he saw me at the Austin Memorial Gardens and that leaving my post was a dereliction of duty. He wasn't going to inform Mr. Masters, but he was going to terminate my employment!!! He said I could come back to collect my belongings another day, but would change the passwords and take my keys immediately.

SEASON ONE, FINI!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by 308GUY »

Well done sir! I'll have to watch that one (Beautly Knows No Pain) again, as I don't recall Kenji being fired by Higgins! :lol:

Doc, I think you may have a future in writing should you ever tire of being a "Visagoth" 8)

So....is it on to season two, or did Kenji actally get "let go" :?: :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"