Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

Re: Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

#361 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Ricky Nelson was in Rio Lobo with Dean Martin (where they sang a brilliant version of My Rifle, My Pony and Me), and Dean was in Oceans’ 11 (and about 50 others) with Frank Sinatra. All Roads Lead to Frank.

Let’s give George Sanders a whirl.
Faith and Begorrah!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#362 Post by marlboro »

Batman tv show:

George Sanders (Mr. Freeze)

Cesar Romero (The Joker)

Cesar Romero was in the MPI episode Little Games

Next: Andy Richter

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#363 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Andy Richter was on an episode of Just Shoot Me! which starred Laura San Giacomo who co-starred in Quigley Down Under with TS.

Up next: Melissa Gilbert

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#364 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

[quote="Fr. Paddy McGuinness"]Ricky Nelson was in Rio Lobo with Dean Martin (where they sang a brilliant version of My Rifle, My Pony and Me), and Dean was in Oceans’ 11 (and about 50 others) with Frank Sinatra. All Roads Lead to Frank.

Hi Paddy,
You are correct but like me you mix up Howard Hawk's and Duke Wayne's Rio Bravo with the 2 other remakes they did of it, El Dorado and Rio Lobo.
Dean Martin was in Rio Bravo, and as you noted he rocked "My Rifle" with Nelson plus the title tune. Paddy I was in a cantina in Mexico and the house singer did "My Rifle" in Spanish. For all I know he changed the words completely, but it "sounded" better. Probably wouldn't be bad in the Old Irish, either, I believe they call it Erse?

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#365 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

She was on Fat Actress with Kirstie Alley, Kirstie was on Cheers with Ted Danson, he was the jealous husband in "Don't Say Goodbye" and the roommate in the 3 Men movies. Joey Heatherton...
Last edited by Fr. Paddy McGuinness on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faith and Begorrah!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#366 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:Ricky Nelson was in Rio Lobo with Dean Martin (where they sang a brilliant version of My Rifle, My Pony and Me), and Dean was in Oceans’ 11 (and about 50 others) with Frank Sinatra. All Roads Lead to Frank.

Hi Paddy,
You are correct but like me you mix up Howard Hawk's and Duke Wayne's Rio Bravo with the 2 other remakes they did of it, El Dorado and Rio Lobo.
Dean Martin was in Rio Bravo, and as you noted he rocked "My Rifle" with Nelson plus the title tune. Paddy I was in a cantina in Mexico and the house singer did "My Rifle" in Spanish. For all I know he changed the words completely, but it "sounded" better. Probably wouldn't be bad in the Old Irish, either, I believe they call it Erse?
I can't keep my Howard Hawks straight.
Faith and Begorrah!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#367 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:She was on Fat Actress with Kirstie Alley, Kirstie was on Cheers with Ted Danson, he was the jealous husband in "Don't Say Goodbye" and the roommate in the 3 Men movies. Joey Heatherton...
Joey Heatherton was in an episode of The Virginian with Doug McClure who was in season 6's "Paniolo."

Next: Ray Romano

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#368 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ray Romano co-starred in Men of a Certain Age with Scott Bakula who guest-starred in Boston Legal, which featured Rene Auberjonois (Deep Space Nine, woot! ODO!!), who guest-starred in a Murder, She Wrote episode, which starred one Angela Lansbury, who guest-starred in the Magnum P.I. crossover episode "Magnum on Ice"! :)

What do I win? I'll take the big white tiger hanging from the ceiling that has dust all over it!... What? I have to play again? :)

Next: Adrienne Barbeau!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#369 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:Ray Romano co-starred in Men of a Certain Age with Scott Bakula who guest-starred in Boston Legal, which featured Rene Auberjonois (Deep Space Nine, woot! ODO!!), who guest-starred in a Murder, She Wrote episode, which starred one Angela Lansbury, who guest-starred in the Magnum P.I. crossover episode "Magnum on Ice"! :)

What do I win? I'll take the big white tiger hanging from the ceiling that has dust all over it!... What? I have to play again? :)

Barbeau was in Escape from New York with Ernest Borgnine (aka Mr White Death).

Next up Mark Hammil (don’t think I’ve seen the Star Wars Connection before)
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#370 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Ray Romano co-starred in Men of a Certain Age with Scott Bakula who guest-starred in Boston Legal
If you're gonna use a Boston Legal connection that's all you need. TS played Shirley's ex, Ivan. :wink:
Next up Mark Hammil
Before he was Luke Skywalker, Hammil was on an episode of Petrocelli with David Huddleston who played TM's obnoxious stepdad! Ugh..did Huddleston ever play a likeable character? Hammil probably has a bunch of other connections; we may not have seen much of him outside of Star Wars, but he's got a list of voice credits a mile long.

How about Jeff Goldblum?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#371 Post by J.J. Walters »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:
Ray Romano co-starred in Men of a Certain Age with Scott Bakula who guest-starred in Boston Legal
If you're gonna use a Boston Legal connection that's all you need. TS played Shirley's ex, Ivan. :wink:
Doh! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#372 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:
Next up Mark Hammil
Before he was Luke Skywalker, Hammil was on an episode of Petrocelli with David Huddleston who played TM's obnoxious stepdad! Ugh..did Huddleston ever play a likeable character? Hammil probably has a bunch of other connections; we may not have seen much of him outside of Star Wars, but he's got a list of voice credits a mile long.

How about Jeff Goldblum?
Larry Manetti was in the TV show “Ten Speed and Brown Shoe” with Jeff Goldblum.

Let’s try the love of my life, Diane Lane
Faith and Begorrah!

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#373 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Diane Lane was in The Outsiders with Patrick Swayze, who was in Dirty Dancing with Jerry Orbach, who guest-starred many times on Murder, She Wrote with Angela Lansbury, starting before "Novel Connection" and "Magnum on Ice".

Next: Roxanne Hart

Work The Lock
Lieutenant

#374 Post by Work The Lock »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:Ray Romano co-starred in Men of a Certain Age with Scott Bakula who guest-starred in Boston Legal, which featured Rene Auberjonois (Deep Space Nine, woot! ODO!!), who guest-starred in a Murder, She Wrote episode, which starred one Angela Lansbury, who guest-starred in the Magnum P.I. crossover episode "Magnum on Ice"! :)

Barbeau was in Escape from New York with Ernest Borgnine (aka Mr White Death).

Next up Mark Hammil (don’t think I’ve seen the Star Wars Connection before)
Mark Hamill was in Corvette Summer with Eugene Roche, AKA Luther Gillis

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#375 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:Diane Lane was in The Outsiders with Patrick Swayze, who was in Dirty Dancing with Jerry Orbach, who guest-starred many times on Murder, She Wrote with Angela Lansbury, starting before "Novel Connection" and "Magnum on Ice".

Next: Roxanne Hart
Roxanne Hart was on Chicago Hope with Adam Arkin who was on China Beach with Dana Delaney (aka Squeeky).

How about Leonardo DiCaprio?