Thursday night is Magnum night on Cozi TV

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

Re: Thursday night is Magnum night on Cozi TV

#31 Post by Stelth »

Doc Ibold wrote:Ha... I just discovered I do have Cozi. I can finally relate to this thread.

:lol:
Good!

Jake
Rear Admiral

#32 Post by Jake »

I also just realized I get Cozi as well, at least sort of. I do not get it on the cable in the house but I apparently pick it up on the TV in the garage on the antenna. I was working on a project in the garage recently and was trying to watch/listen to a ball game and the reception was kinda poor so I rescanned for channels and it picked up a bunch of new random channels including Cozi! Too bad I don't get it in on cable as their lineup of shows looks great, a nice retro mix. I haven't seen six million dollar man or the bionic woman is ages. I probably wont see much of what they have to offer until brighthouse picks it up here in Michigan as I don't watch much boob tube in the garage.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Stelth »

Tonight's Cozi TV Thursday Magnum-o-ganza roster:
Kiss of the Sabre
Mac's Back
Luther Gillis: File #001
Torah, Torah, Torah

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#34 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I obviously don't get this channel, but if I did I'd set up a twitter hashtag for watching. You guys could all comment and chat while watching on Thursday nights.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#35 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I obviously don't get this channel, but if I did I'd set up a twitter hashtag for watching. You guys could all comment and chat while watching on Thursday nights.
Cozi wanted to setup a tweetup, unfortunately I couldn't be part of it as I'm without Cozi as well . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#36 Post by Stelth »

I missed two weeks because of vacation and there were no episodes shown on the 4th of July...so here's tonight's four episodes...
Going Home
Old Acquaintance
Who Is Don Luis and Why Is He Doing These Terrible Things to Me? (longest episode title?)
& The Hotel Dick

Styles Bitchley

#37 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Stelth wrote:I missed two weeks because of vacation and there were no episodes shown on the 4th of July...so here's tonight's four episodes...
Going Home
Old Acquaintance
Who Is Don Luis and Why Is He Doing These Terrible Things to Me? (longest episode title?)
& The Hotel Dick
I have a soft spot for The Hotel Dick. It seems like an episode I shouldn't like, but I really do!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by Steve »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Stelth wrote:I missed two weeks because of vacation and there were no episodes shown on the 4th of July...so here's tonight's four episodes...
Going Home
Old Acquaintance
& The Hotel Dick
I have a soft spot for The Hotel Dick. It seems like an episode I shouldn't like, but I really do!
Don't fret Styles, The Hotel Dick has always been in my top ten. I found it interesting that last week, with July 4th falling on a Thursday, COZI didn't put together four episodes that show the importance of the date in the Magnum uinverse. Perhaps Peter can "lecture" the COZI folks about the importance of doing just a little research on this site about the show when they come back to his abode to film some more spots.........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#39 Post by J.J. Walters »

Caught a little bit of "Old Acquaintance" last night on Cozi and noticed something I never really caught before. During the scene with Goldie and Magnum and the bad guys (the dolphin-nappers) there is a great sequence with the chopper. The chopper pushes one of the bad guy's off a rocky hill (which I noticed before), but right after that the chopper comes down really low to the ground towards the other bad guy. This guy, the stunt man, falls to the ground literally two seconds before the chopper flies over him. I mean, wow! If he had misjudged that it wouldn't have been pretty for him. I'm continually amazed at the stunt men on this show. Top quality stuff!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#40 Post by Stelth »

It seems the chopper pilots were a bit reckless. I forget which episode it was but the chopper swoops out of the sky, close to some trees and the skid almost hits the ground. I think they use that scene in the opening sequence. It seemed like a near crash to me.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#41 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:Perhaps Peter can "lecture" the COZI folks about the importance of doing just a little research on this site about the show when they come back to his abode to film some more spots.........
Believe me, if there's any any influence I can have, consistency in the storytelling will be my priority. I don't get CoziTV, so I rely on you all for the evening lineups but continuity is a priority for me, and you can be rest assured, that when I get to Washington, I will make sure that .... wait, that's not the right speech ..... hold on a second .... I'll be right back .....
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by Stelth »

Ask them why the episodes jump around. Why don't they air them in order?...it seems like it would be easier on them to do it that way.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by Steve »

Stelth wrote:Ask them why the episodes jump around. Why don't they air them in order?...it seems like it would be easier on them to do it that way.

Indeed.......Our "Retro" station here in Chicago, and I believe they own other stations across the country, has a program director that I am sure went to this site as they ran the episodes in order. They even had a month of top ten episodes from their retro tv show line-up a couple of years ago that included a spot on line-up of top ten Magnum, pi episodes...........

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by Stelth »

It's not Thursday yet where I live, but it is for zulu time so here's today's Magnum eps.

The Treasure of Kalaniopu'u (thank God for cut and paste) Nancy Stafford in her prime! She was the "Waterbed City" girl here on local TV for years. I always had a thing for her.

The Kona Winds

This Island Isn't Big Enough

Rapture (no Debby Harry?)

Styles Bitchley

#45 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Stelth wrote:Nancy Stafford in her prime! She was the "Waterbed City" girl here on local TV for years. I always had a thing for her.
Annoying in this role, but one of the hottest in the series.

- J.Q.H.