Rick in H50

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kimbosan
Captain

Rick in H50

#1 Post by Kimbosan »

Im Back.......forgot my password ....anyhow, why didnt Larry M keep his MPI name as Rick on H50 just in case ther was a crossover ep or better still a movie to keep some continuity??
Kimbosan
Kimbosan

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by MagnumILWU »

Because they would have to change the name to; Magnum, A.A.R.P.! They are just too old! Too much time has gone by. Remember them from the show, that's the best anyone can do!
"pickled egg please"

mikeaz123
Commander

#3 Post by mikeaz123 »

It could still be done, but after the latest 5/0 homage (the singing in the helicopter), a crossover is highly unlikely... plenty of shows/actors have played multiple characters... the actress who played Carol Baldwin on Magnum also played a different character in one episode earlier on

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

mikeaz123 wrote:It could still be done, but after the latest 5/0 homage (the singing in the helicopter), a crossover is highly unlikely... plenty of shows/actors have played multiple characters... the actress who played Carol Baldwin on Magnum also played a different character in one episode earlier on
And she was better in that role than as Carol.

OK .... I don't want to make it like it's her fault, I was just never a fan of the Carol character.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Danno »

There would probably be some sort of tear in the space time continuum if Magnum turned up as a real person in the new 5/0 universe now. :)
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Frodoleader »

Danno wrote:There would probably be some sort of tear in the space time continuum if Magnum turned up as a real person in the new 5/0 universe now. :)
Bullcrap: I don't agree! If Bobby Ewing can be resurrected from the dead in a shower, then Thomas Magnum can appear in a H5O episode!
Look, it's TV. It's fiction. If H5O has it's characters singing the MPI theme song one episode then (hopefully) having Tom Selleck do a guest spot as TM, then they'll do it.

:magnum:
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Kimbosan
Captain

#7 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Guys....
Well...... H5O continues to poke us with Magnum memories....I am thinking that there could have been a very big possibility that TM could have done some sort of cameo, but they may have stuffed that possibility up with portraying Rick as Nicky "The Kid"

but....Maybe Nicky the kid is realy Rick???

Kimbosan...
Kimbosan

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I really liked seeing Larry on the show. I bought the character and it was a nice balance of homage and actual show content.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Reef monkey »

Larry Manetti, in a Rick-like character, was such a great gift to both MPI and H50 fans. There have been several really great guest spots on H50 - George Takei (Star Trek's Sulu) as Chin-Ho's moonshining uncle, Scott Caan's dad the great James Caan as a retired NY police detective, Ed Asner twice, Jimmy Buffet, Terry O'Quinn from Lost, Christine Lahti as McGarrett's mom, Treat Williams now dating his mom, and i am sure there are others I have forgotten.

The NCIS:LA crossover wasn't too bad, but when I watched the second half of the crossover, when it's an NCIS episode, I was struck by how terrible the dialogue writing is on NCIS.

I was going to suggest they get "Mac" Jeff McKay to guest star, maybe play Jim Bonnick, but sadly I see he died in 2009. What about Jonathan Hillerman or Roger Mosley?

Another cool Bellisario crossover would be to have characters from JAG show up. Esp. since they are lawyers, would make sense, something having to do with a serviceman from Pearl getting into some trouble with the civilian authorities. Of course even Bud would be a welcome guest star, but I'd really love to see Catherine Bell again, especially if they could have her at the beach in a bikini for some reason.