Higgins' watch

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

Re: Higgins' watch

#61 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

IvanTheTerrible wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:47 pmWhat about ugly black fingernail polish? But I digress...
Oh good! Yes, this is an interesting non-topic topic. (and absolutely nothing to do with watches)

What modern retard females* don't understand is that there was a reason for makeup - and that is to appear attractive to the opposite sex! To appear attractive, fingernail polish was light pink - light pink being the colour of health - a sign that blood flow was good. Similarly, lipstick was natural red and blush gave a healthful hue to the cheeks.

All this has since been perverted. This is nothing to do with style. "Nuclear waste green" fingernails are not attractive. (unless you have an unnatural attraction to nuclear waste...)

*(note: I am not referring to all modern females... just the retards)

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:21 pm
IvanTheTerrible wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:47 pmWhat about ugly black fingernail polish? But I digress...
Oh good! Yes, this is an interesting non-topic topic. (and absolutely nothing to do with watches)

What modern retard females* don't understand is that there was a reason for makeup - and that is to appear attractive to the opposite sex! To appear attractive, fingernail polish was light pink - light pink being the colour of health - a sign that blood flow was good. Similarly, lipstick was natural red and blush gave a healthful hue to the cheeks.

All this has since been perverted. This is nothing to do with style. "Nuclear waste green" fingernails are not attractive. (unless you have an unnatural attraction to nuclear waste...)

*(note: I am not referring to all modern females... just the retards)
Preach on, bruddah! So refreshing when someone makes sense in this day and age. Ditto on the pink nail polish. My wife only goes for pink or clear. :) Anything else in her mind is just too garish and unattractive. Like you said, the whole point is to appear attractive, not repulsive. Women with common sense understand this. Women without it go crazy and add nuclear green streaks in their hair to match their nail polish. :roll: There's a thing called "good taste" which unfortunately is a rare commodity these days.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#63 Post by Pahonu »

I’m just going to say it. This may be the most ridiculous dialogue I’ve ever read in my almost 12 years on this forum. :lol: You two are complaining back and forth about nail polish, and hair color, and piercings, and tattoos. What other pressing societal problems are causing you such concern? If you don’t like green hair then don’t dye your hair green. If you don’t like black nail polish then don’t paint your nails black, not that I care. You can’t control other people’s fashion choices. If you don’t want to see it then stay home. I’m just a little surprised at how much this seems to be an issue for you both. I also find it immensely amusing that you seem to consider yourselves as the arbiters of good taste! I claim very little knowledge of trends in personal style and fashion. Some of your previous posts lead me to believe you may also not be the most current fashion-wise. :lol:

If this is really a true passion of yours, then sorry, knock yourselves out. I think Styles might prefer it not be in his watch thread though.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#64 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Pahonu wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:23 am I’m just going to say it. This may be the most ridiculous dialogue I’ve ever read in my almost 12 years on this forum.
Well I've got to say, this is probably the most ridiculous comment I've ever seen you make. Are you OK? (no, seriously)

Have you been following the point of the conversation?

Well now lets stop all this nonsense and get back to watches.

Pahonu

#65 Post by Pahonu »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:35 am
Pahonu wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:23 am I’m just going to say it. This may be the most ridiculous dialogue I’ve ever read in my almost 12 years on this forum.
Well I've got to say, this is probably the most ridiculous comment I've ever seen you make. Are you OK? (no, seriously)

Have you been following the point of the conversation?

Well now lets stop all this nonsense and get back to watches.
Very much so. You two have lots to complain about other people’s fashion choices, about which you can do nothing.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#66 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Pahonu wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 am Very much so. You two have lots to complain about other people’s fashion choices, about which you can do nothing.
That's very true. Now who does control people's fashion choices? That's something to think about.

Pahonu

#67 Post by Pahonu »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:50 am
Pahonu wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 am Very much so. You two have lots to complain about other people’s fashion choices, about which you can do nothing.
That's very true. Now who does control people's fashion choices? That's something to think about.
That’s indeed a very interesting question, likely with a complex answer. It’s not what you were actually doing in your back and forth, but the impact of traditional fashion media and celebrities, the rise of influencers on social media, even the dramatic reduction in cost making fashionable clothing essentially disposable, are all fascinating to me, and part of the answer.

Sorry if that seemed personal, but I made a comment this morning and came back many hours later to multiple posts culminating with “Preach on bruddah!” by Ivan. I actually laughed out loud at that point and wasn’t sure if he was serious before I read on. As I said, I’m not the one to talk to about personal fashion, but the role it plays in modern society can’t be denied. Whatever you or I or Ivan think about any particular fashion is ultimately irrelevant. It’s a societal phenomenon, not in any individual’s control. I suppose the same is true about complaints regarding TV today, but at least this a forum about TV.