Ultimate Fan of Magnum, PI

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Ultimate Fan of Magnum, PI

#91 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:I don't know how you did it Conch. No way I could have sat there in the studio, under those hot lights, with all those strangers, with cameras pointed at you, and come up with something funny/witty on the fly! I'd have to be reading off a teleprompter, and even then it wouldn't be good.

I'm in awe that you were able to do this, without any previous experience! You guys in NYC are different breed, man. :)
Yep, I was thinking the same thing JJ...I am pretty sure I would have been shown the way out the door(hopefully after hitting the honey wagon)

Thanks guys, but you'd be surprised. If you have a good producer, which I've had both times, they help put you at ease. They want this to work, they want your input, so they find the ways to draw it out of you. Once you're there for a little while, and you're talking about something that's important to you, things flow a bit smoother.

I think they probably got their best stuff to use from me when we were just talking about the show. The other things, the Cozi "themes" we're a little bit forced I think, but when I shared my theory of the show, about the progression of Magnum after dealing with Vietnam and coming full circle to rejoin the Navy and be a father to his daughter, they had never had seen it from that perspective before. They saw mustache, fast cars, short shorts and action, like many on the surface do. I'm hoping that's the stuff they are able to pull some good quotes from.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican

#92 Post by ConchRepublican »

We have an air date - Sat. September 14th at 5:30 on COZI . . . 10 Steps to a New You . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#93 Post by Doc Ibold »

EST?

ConchRepublican

#94 Post by ConchRepublican »

That's my assumption ......
CoziTV Superfan spot

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#95 Post by J.J. Walters »

Cool, can't wait! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#96 Post by Steve »

Should be great, did they send you any video to check out yet?

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#97 Post by Doc Ibold »

Give me a week and it'll be DVRed

ConchRepublican

#98 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:Should be great, did they send you any video to check out yet?
Not yet. Since I don't have Cozi I'm hoping to get a link so I can view it. Probably won't be until day of though so it doesn't get out there before it airs.
CoziTV Superfan spot

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#99 Post by 308GUY »

Please let us know, and/or provide a link when it's available. I'm another that doesn't have Cozi.

No station that we get has MPI that I'm aware of.

No more Beverly Hillbillies either! I only have extended basic cable service, so it's possible it's available here through one service or another, but I'm just not up for paying anywhere close to $100/month to WATCH TV! Bad enough we're paying $65 now, and $40 of that is for internet. Yea, I know....I'm a cheapskate.........but I'm a POOR cheapskate! :lol:

It's like I told the girl behind the counter,(when there WAS a counter....when there was an OFFICE where you could actually TALK to a person!!), when I took their cable box back that they were charging me $5/month rent on...."Yaknow, you used to be able to buy a decent TV for $100....now it costs that much to WATCH one every month!" One of the drawbacks of being an old fart.....well.....at least a penny pinching old fart.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#100 Post by J.J. Walters »

I hear ya 308GUY. We got so fed up with cable (and the prices) that we just got rid of it and went with a antenna/digital media receiver only setup. Between the over-the-air channels and the devastating Neflix/Amazon Prime combo, we get access to a boat load of content while saving ~ $70 a month on our bill. The only channel that I really miss is ESPN. I can live without SportsCenter, but it's really tough not being able to watch the good Thursday night college football matchups!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

ConchRepublican

#101 Post by ConchRepublican »

I was just told by the program director that it's now Sunday 9/15 @ 5:30.

Oh well, looks like my viewing party Saturday evening will have nothing to watch!
CoziTV Superfan spot

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#102 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:I was just told by the program director that it's now Sunday 9/15 @ 5:30.

Oh well, looks like my viewing party Saturday evening will have nothing to watch!
I'll bet you all can find a good Football game to watch or I am betting you all will be watching the Yankees/ Red Sox game that afternoon (Saturday).
My local cable schedule shows that here in Chicago COZI is showing some kind of COZI preview show from 4:00 to 4:30 (CDT) so I am betting your spot will air at the end of that. I will definitely be looking for it.................

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#103 Post by Doc Ibold »

Ha, Countdown : 10 Steps to a new you. DVR check.

ConchRepublican

#104 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:I was just told by the program director that it's now Sunday 9/15 @ 5:30.

I'll bet you all can find a good Football game to watch or I am betting you all will be watching the Yankees/ Red Sox game that afternoon (Saturday).
My local cable schedule shows that here in Chicago COZI is showing some kind of COZI preview show from 4:00 to 4:30 (CDT) so I am betting your spot will air at the end of that. I will definitely be looking for it.................
I bet the Cozi preview show is the show . . .

Edit - I just found a guide and you are correct Steve. Ten Steps to a New You follows the preview show.
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#105 Post by ConchRepublican »

Oh well, I had a very short spot @ the 8:25 mark. Looks like I couldn't keep up with the pros.

I'll do better next time!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot