New Team Ring on ebay.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

New Team Ring on ebay.

#1 Post by N1095A »

This style ring has been on ebay before, but not in stainless steel. I thought for the price I'd give it a try. In my line of work rings tend to get pretty banged up. I had to go with tungsten for my wedding ring. I'll post a review when I get the ring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Enameled-Ma ... 33796242bc
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Braddah Kimo »

cool. good price. i work with some ring manufacturers and i think I may be able to get something made much closer to our TM's ring with the concave look, gold look and more sharp cross detail. At least that is what I would want to wear. Think I will attempt it...

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#3 Post by N1095A »

Braddah Kimo wrote:cool. good price. i work with some ring manufacturers and i think I may be able to get something made much closer to our TM's ring with the concave look, gold look and more sharp cross detail. At least that is what I would want to wear. Think I will attempt it...
Sounds great. Keep us posted on how it works out. Can't wait to see the results.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by MagnumILWU »

http://magnum-mania.com/images/team_rin ... _order.jpg I may be prejudice, but I still think this is the best looking ring I have seen!
"pickled egg please"

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Magnum T. »

MagnumILWU wrote:http://magnum-mania.com/images/team_rin ... _order.jpg I may be prejudice, but I still think this is the best looking ring I have seen!
Uhm... the cross looks too big compared to the black area.
My opinion.

I like the steel ring but, as usual, the seller doesn't ship to Italy.
This is the second time I spot a steel team ring on the Bay, the second time I can't get it.
It must be a plot!
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Braddah Kimo »

No "plot"
I have been hearing it for years.
If anyone is in the dark, they can illuminate that part of their brains by searching and they easily receive numerous examples, the likes of:

Shipping to Italy is exorbitantly expensive.

Too many instances of items getting lost.

Italy laws have too many prohibited items.

Because Poste Italiane is crap & because even packages don't want to go anywhere near Berlusconi.
Source(s):
deep knowledge of my own country.

The horror stories I've heard about the Italian postal system include:
Registered mail, which is supposed to be kept under lock and key at all times, simply disappearing from the post office.
The customs inspectors opening boxes, stealing the contents and then sending the empty box for delivery.
This type of thing is so common that most sellers willing to ship to Italy will do so only via insured FedEx in order to bypass the postal system as much as possible.

Besides that Italy mess, many ebay sellers refuse to do ANY kind of international sales. (The Italy debacle may help this decision) Too much pilikia. For USA sales, they simply print out a shipping label (minimal cost automatically deducted from their paypal account.) Slap it on the package, put up the flag on their mailbox or drop it in any one of the USPS handy dandy drop boxes scattered throughout town. For international, they must trudge on down to the USPS office. Fill out any number of forms, the likes of which seem to change monthly. And seem to be different per country. No rhyme or reason to it. Then they waaaiiiittt... in line. And then pay a degree more to send a trinket to some farflung outpost. Which of course often requires more substantial, extra, superfluous packaging because of its errant route. IF it arrives at its destination, the seller, even with all this due diligence, is often subject to neutral or even negative feedback owing to all the countless things OUT of their control, inherent in international shipping; "It took too long!" "shipping cost too much!" (even AFTER buyer agrees to the shipping charge!) Even the thought of international shipping strikes fear in sellers' hearts and serves to retain sales limited to USA, no matter how placated the sellers may be.
Still a plot?

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Magnum T. »

I guess all you have said applies to each Country in the guy's list then.
Braddah Kimo wrote: Shipping to Italy is exorbitantly expensive.
Shipping is always paid by the buyer so what's the problem?
Besides, the cost I pay is almost always higher than the real shipping cost.
Braddah Kimo wrote: Too many instances of items getting lost.
I have been buying from various Countries for years (including US), through e-Bay or websites, items shipped via carrier or ordinary postal service (most of the time the latter) and I always got my stuff delivered.
I am sure that sometime packages get lost as I am pretty sure that this happens all over the world.
Braddah Kimo wrote: Italy laws have too many prohibited items.
I think this doesn't apply to rings.
Braddah Kimo wrote: Because Poste Italiane is crap & because even packages don't want to go anywhere near Berlusconi.
Poste Italiane may not have the best service in the world but if one doesn't trust them there are carriers now.
As for Berlusconi, I think we Italians will have to live with these jokes for a long time. Maybe we deserve it.
But we are not all like Berlusconi.
Braddah Kimo wrote: The horror stories I've heard about the Italian postal system include:
Registered mail, which is supposed to be kept under lock and key at all times, simply disappearing from the post office.
The customs inspectors opening boxes, stealing the contents and then sending the empty box for delivery.
This type of thing is so common that most sellers willing to ship to Italy will do so only via insured FedEx in order to bypass the postal system as much as possible.
As I said, I think such things happen (almost?) all over the world.
It is possible that they happen in Italy more often. But speking of stories, I have read a lot of them about items shipped from UK to US (or viceversa) delivered smashed or not delivered at all. Source: customers' feedbacks from very well known websites.
Braddah Kimo wrote: Besides that Italy mess, many ebay sellers refuse to do ANY kind of international sales. (The Italy debacle may help this decision) Too much pilikia.
This would lead to a long OT about politics, this is not the place.
Braddah Kimo wrote: For USA sales, they simply print out a shipping label (minimal cost automatically deducted from their paypal account.) Slap it on the package, put up the flag on their mailbox or drop it in any one of the USPS handy dandy drop boxes scattered throughout town. For international, they must trudge on down to the USPS office. Fill out any number of forms, the likes of which seem to change monthly. And seem to be different per country. No rhyme or reason to it. Then they waaaiiiittt... in line.
Ok, but that depends on USPS, not me.
Braddah Kimo wrote: IF it arrives at its destination, the seller, even with all this due diligence, is often subject to neutral or even negative feedback owing to all the countless things OUT of their control, inherent in international shipping; "It took too long!" "shipping cost too much!" (even AFTER buyer agrees to the shipping charge!)
I can speak only for myself on this: if I buy from US I know I'll have to wait (it's a long journey). Never complained about time taken to delivery or shipping cost. If there is import tax (or whatever it is called) it is annoying but I pay. As long as I get my item undamaged I am happy.
Never released a negative feedback. Several times the seller (to whom I gave my positive feedback) didn't take those 10 sec. to return the courtesy so I lost my feedback. But that's another story.
Braddah Kimo wrote: Even the thought of international shipping strikes fear in sellers' hearts and serves to retain sales limited to USA, no matter how placated the sellers may be.
I may be dumb but I still don't see the problem since the buyer (i.e. me) pays all the shipping costs at the end.
Braddah Kimo wrote: Still a plot?
Was a joke.
Last edited by Magnum T. on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Braddah Kimo »

I don't know from politics. Just know the decision is all business to not go international and is widespread among sellers. And as I say, no placating can have good effect to any appreciable degree or change a mind inured to this mess for years, your individual experience notwithstanding.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Braddah Kimo »

I don't know from politics. Just know the decision is all business to not go international and is widespread among sellers. And as I say, no placating can have good effect to any appreciable degree or change a mind inured to this mess for years, your individual experience notwithstanding.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Magnum T. »

But you were talking about Italy specifically, not international.
To not go international at all is one thing, to not ship to specific Countries is a different one.
They are both legitimate business decisions but as I said I know of same problems between US and UK and even for domestic US/UK shippings.
Italy may be not the best place in the world but as far as I remember the Bermuda Triangle is far away from here.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MagnumILWU »

Why does Braddah Kimo take every post , and talk crap about everything else but the original topic? You must be some little shit, who tries to feel important, by putting other people down! At least when people stray from the main topic, it is usually fun stuff. You just write gibberish, that makes you look mentally ill! I hope there is some way to block you, so I never have to read your crap again!
"pickled egg please"

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Braddah Kimo wrote:Just know the decision is all business to not go international and is widespread among sellers.
I'd love to see how the logic of that 'business decision' plays out in the sellers minds.

"See all those potential customers over there? Just ignore them and hopefully they'll go away"
:wink:

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Braddah Kimo »

"Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:52 pm Post subject:
Why does Braddah Kimo take every post , and talk crap about everything else but the original topic?"
First, we must establish Kimo has done that, But Kimo has most emphatically not done that. Secondly, it is called a conversational tangent, Initiated by Italy ring buyer. And as with most common conversations, (at least in adult life,) sometimes we see following, a rebuttal. An elucidation. Another perspective based on years of experience and also, anecdotal evidence. No need get all huhu, as we say here.

"I hope there is some way to block you, so I never have to read your crap again!" Good news for modern man: There is! It is called free will. See the name Kimo? Ignore and cast the glance of your jaundiced eye to the next post. Too easy? Solly cholly, then I can not help you. Methinks no one may be in a position to.
Last edited by Braddah Kimo on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Tokyo Tanaka, we don't care if they stay or go away. For some sellers, USA sales is enough. Some like international. 's okay! ainokea. It is personal preference. Just happens to be something I have learned and heard, from years on ebay. It is not definitively universal, obviously. Why does it have to be such a big friggin deal. Don't answer that. Rhetorical question. Some may have differing perspectives. That is ay okay. I am just sharing what I have learned and for some damned reason it's a national emergency. It need not be. But then, as we say here in the islands, (I will sanitize it for the audience) "...some 'people' love pilikia. Drama and trauma".
How is it assumed those that prefer USA sales, want international buyers to go away?! I don't understand that extreme reactionary conclusion. It is illogical, perplexing and exhibits an inability or lack of interest... to understanding another's experience and perspective which differs from one's own.

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Braddah Kimo wrote:Tokyo Tanaka, Why does it have to be such a big friggin deal.
How is it assumed those that prefer USA sales, want international buyers to go away?! I don't understand that extreme reactionary conclusion.
It was a throwaway joke line. That's all. Don't get your knickers in a twist brother.
:roll:
Hard to believe someone in Tokyo has to tell someone in Hawaii to chill out.