What Episode is this screen shot from?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#1 Post by erock308 »

Last edited by erock308 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Braddah Kimo »

If it has hot dogs on it, it ain't no Hawaiian shirt. it's a sport shirt or camp shirt.

Louise
Captain

#3 Post by Louise »

I think it's the episode where Higgins' ex-army commander is staying at the estate and is being targeted by potential killers. TM nearly has to shoot the girl who planted the bomb in the Audi (Mandy?). TM is depressed and Rick is cooking him spaghetti.
Last edited by Louise on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Braddah Kimo »

JJ would know! Sure wanna see this ep now. Don't remember it. Thinking back at all the years I spent watching magnum ad taping each ep on a VHS tape, what bulky nonsense. now all we need do is download! whodathunkit.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Waterbug Blue »

That would be be No need to know (1.5)

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Waterbug Blue »

However, its could also be from China Doll (1.3) ... http://magnum-mania.com/images/1_3_i_full.jpg

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by erock308 »

Waterbug Blue wrote:However, its could also be from China Doll (1.3) ... http://magnum-mania.com/images/1_3_i_full.jpg
It's not China Doll... Thanks Waterbug Blue, I watched it today... Great episode. I will watch No need to know tomorrow.
Last edited by erock308 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#8 Post by Doc Ibold »

I think its the one where they were chasing liscense plate numbers... the taking of dick mcwilliams

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by MagnumILWU »

What is unusual about the photo, is that Magnum is sitting in the chair! He spent most of his time on the couch!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Hot Dog Hawaiian shirt is purely an inappropriate descriptive term
for no one knows what.. a "Hawaiian shirt" is. ( basically, it does not exist) Further, "King Kam" does not exist, either. That also is not descriptive. Always convey requisite respect to our revered historical personages and allude to HIM by his proper and appropriate name; King Kamehameha. I thank you.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Hot Dog Hawaiian shirt is purely an inappropriate descriptive term
for no one knows what.. a "Hawaiian shirt" is. ( basically, it does not exist) Further, "King Kam" does not exist, either. That also is not descriptive. Always convey requisite respect to our revered historical personages and allude to HIM by his proper and appropriate name; King Kamehameha. I thank you.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by MagnumILWU »

'Hot Dog Hawaiian Shirt' "Onions Extra?"
"pickled egg please"

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#13 Post by Pahonu »

It's definitely "No Need to Know" from the first season. It's the final scene and Rick is making sauce that he lets Magnum try as he comforts him after Mandy, the stewardess and IRA operative, was killed by the British soldier. It's also right before TC comes to get his dinner jacket that TM had borrowed and ruined then swapped for a smaller one. It ends with Magnum running up the stairs as TC tries on the too small jacket.

I always remember this part of the scene because it is shot from an angle rarely used in the series, and it clearly shows the least-seen wall of the guest house. As I said somewhere else, the first season or two has alot more interesting camera angles and creative transitions. It's another reason among many that I prefer the first and second seasons.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by MagnumILWU »

I believe Magnum got the white dinner jacket soaked in the tidal pool, and it shrunk. I don't think he replaced it!
"pickled egg please"

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by erock308 »

Pahonu wrote:It's definitely "No Need to Know" from the first season. It's the final scene and Rick is making sauce that he lets Magnum try as he comforts him after Mandy, the stewardess and IRA operative, was killed by the British soldier. It's also right before TC comes to get his dinner jacket that TM had borrowed and ruined then swapped for a smaller one. It ends with Magnum running up the stairs as TC tries on the too small jacket.

I always remember this part of the scene because it is shot from an angle rarely used in the series, and it clearly shows the least-seen wall of the guest house. As I said somewhere else, the first season or two has alot more interesting camera angles and creative transitions. It's another reason among many that I prefer the first and second seasons.
Thanks Pahonu, I am watching the episode now, lots of camera shots from the the kitchen area. Great view of the Guest House interior.