Tc`s Vanagon replica

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

TCvanagon
Ensign

Tc`s Vanagon replica

#1 Post by TCvanagon »

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Brian »

Awesome Tommy, Great work!
Sneakers Higgins!!

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by wwmd »

Oh, wow. This is beyond awesome. THIS IS SUPERB! How does it drive? And where's the helicopter to match it?

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Fabulous! The Westie is way more useful than the Vanagon. Looks great in the Island Hoppers colour scheme.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Beautifully done! I suppose you get a lot of envious looks!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Tc`s Vanagon replica

#6 Post by Pahonu »

Your Westy looks great. I have an '88 one myself, but it's not deisel. My family camps in it all the time, in fact, we are going to Palomar Observatory in San Diego this weekend. Wish we were there last weekend for the eclipse. Oh well. Do you camp in it much?

I don't think my wife would go for the color scheme. Besides, mine is blue and the new paint scheme would look awful with the interior. I noticed yours was white before. Alot more options when repainting.

TCvanagon
Ensign

#7 Post by TCvanagon »

There have been some trips in the Norwegian mountains. I've also been in Germany and Austria. It is a perfect car when I am out and kite surfing. Most VW vanagon here in Norway are diesel. It is too expensive with petrol. (about 11 U.S. dollars per U.S. gallon.) My wife does not like the colors on the car, but I do. Original color is L90D, white. Here's a link before the car became TC's vanagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMYTCmd ... ture=g-upl

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Another beautiful video - so it did have a different color slide door and ist 'used' to contrast :D
Well TC's Hughes color scheme certainly is an eye catcher - and from your video documentation, it looks expertly done! Hope your wife will at some stage at least get used to it (and feel like home when watching the Magnum episodes ;) )
Enjoy the road!

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#9 Post by Pahonu »

TCvanagon wrote:There have been some trips in the Norwegian mountains. I've also been in Germany and Austria. It is a perfect car when I am out and kite surfing. Most VW vanagon here in Norway are diesel. It is too expensive with petrol. (about 11 U.S. dollars per U.S. gallon.) My wife does not like the colors on the car, but I do. Original color is L90D, white. Here's a link before the car became TC's vanagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMYTCmd ... ture=g-upl
Kite surfing looks so cool. I've done a bit of wind surfing, but never kite surfing. I also sail quite a bit and see all the kite surfers here in Long Beach, CA. It's a great venue for sailing of any type: calm waters protected by the breakwater, steady, reliable afternoon breezes, sailing weather year round. Kite sailing really took of here about 7 or 8 years ago. I was sailing with a friend and I saw a guy shoot past. It was pretty impressive. Maybe some day.

How much is deisel in comparison to petrol?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#10 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Here's some interesting data on the price of gas around the world: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/05/hi ... y-country/ (Norway is most expensive). No details on diesel though.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by Majordomo »

Nice van.

And that;s some swingin' music Hep Cat!