Magnum DVDs

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

Magnum DVDs

#1 Post by Seaver41 »

Best Buy is having a huge Magnum sale right now......all seasons online for $9.99 each.......and many are supposedly in stock at stores.......check it out

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Thanks - great info!

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Seaver41 »

damn.....some seasons are already sold out.....but you may find them locally in store. I got season 8.......still 5 and 6 to complete the collection.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Waterbug Blue »

looks like the amazon / used / section is a last resort...

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by Majordomo »

WOOT!

Just bought Season 6 & 8! I have now completed my collection. Thanks for the heads up!

Faceman
Lieutenant

#6 Post by Faceman »

I just need 4,5 and 6 to complete my collection. Have managed to get them all over here in ireland for roughly £10-12 each, but season 6 is £22 on amazon at the moment and has been a while! I only halfway through season 2 and loving it so no hurry to get the others just yet.

Compared to all the other nice box sets like knight rider, miami vice etc, anyone know why there isn't top version of magnum PI available, considering its a far better show?! I have seen the a box set of season 1-4, and also one for seasons 1-8, but they are very limited, with the only one available for seasons 1-8 going for £250 on amazon! (havn't seen it anywhere else, and i've found amazon to be the cheapest for all the others i buy)

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Seaver41 »

lucked out going to my local Best Buy........found 5 and 6 which were sold out online. Set is now complete. I think I have paid $55 total for seasons 3-8 and the wife spent about $75-$80 (Amazon) for seasons 1-2 for a Christmas gift. She was not the savvy shoppper.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Brilliant - congratulations! Looks like an entertaining spring/summer in Paradise ;)

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by nha trang »

Somehow, while searching Amazon.com for Season 1 (to replace a copy I loaned to a friend), I skipped past Amazon's offering for like $40 and found them listing it for $10. I have no idea how this happened, but I added it to my cart for $10. I think Amazon pulls all kinds of shennanigans in what their price displays at. For all I know, it may even be customized to the user. For instance, if you buy season 1, they might show you a higher price when you click on season 2 later? Anyway, if you miss the best buy thing, check amazon...a few times...lol

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Also, they sometimes have combined offers like seasons 1,2, and 3 together for ONLY ....
That can well be worth a glance, too.