Magnum sites on Oahu

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

akela
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Magnum sites on Oahu

#1 Post by akela »

Hi fellow Magnum fans! I and my elderly Mom, also an ardent fan, are going to have a holiday on Oahu at the end of April. I would like to take her around a few Magnum-related sites and so far this my list:

Magnum, PI House at low tide
The Island Hoppers landing stage
Byodo-In Temple
The Elks Club (King Kamehameha Club)
Pali Lookout (mentioned before Mac gets blown up)
Pearl Harbor

Do you have suggestions for any more sites? She also wants to see the building where McGarrett's office was located -- is that at the Honolulu police headquarters?

Thank you for any help you knowledgeable viewers can provide! I have been reading this forum for a while and have been really impressed with the level of expertise you've got!

akela
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#2 Post by akela »

Oh! My! God! Just found Rubber Chicken's guide to locations... Guess it answers most of my questions...

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

You MUST visit the beach in front of the Kahala resort.
You'll find the set for the KKC which has been used the most often and the beach where you often can see Magnum jogging.

That little island with the 3 palms is also there.

When you have seen it in real life, you'll realize how often you can see that beach during the series

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Braddah Kimo »

The KKC beach bar set was situated at 4922 Kahala Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii,. check it out on maps.google.com.
It is Waialae Beach Park.
You can see the bar's trellis in the distance... Just to the left of the makai bridge. (zoom in)
We go that park alla time.
follow the road (on maps google) a few cliks and you will get a glimpse of Jack Lord's condo building, the mauka side.

akela
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by akela »

Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely adding the KKC bar and Waialae beach park to the list, together with the places from the other thread -- Chinatown, the Outrigger Canoe Club etc. Also the Kaaawa Valley for the Crozier of St.Patrick church location -- too bad the church itself is not there.

Am getting seriously pumped about the trip -- had a dream last night of all the forum members having a good time at the Estate beach!