Magnum's US Navy G-1 Jacket.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Magnum's US Navy G-1 Jacket.

#1 Post by N1095A »

This is the leather jacket TM wore in several episodes. "Going Home", " All For One" , "Deja Vu" and there are one or two more.
I've wanted one of these for years, but they were cost and size prohibitive.
I'm 6'5" 270, and the Navy issued these to guys of average size so they simply were unavailable in my size. Also they can run upwards of $600.
I found a website for a company called Luxury Lane. http://search.store.yahoo.net/yhst-1301 ... l&x=10&y=9
They sell a very nice reproduction of the G-1 Jacket for $99-$199. in almost any size. I received mine 2 days ago after wanting one for years, and it is very nice. The leather is a good quality and unlike the military issue G-1 it has hand wamer side entry pockets. It also has USN stamped into the storm flap just like the military issue. There were mixed customer reviews, and I was worried about the quality, but I couldn't be happier with it. It's a nice addition to my "Magnum Gear". One word of advice, if ordering one you should order one size larger than you require because they are cut to a snug fit.
Last edited by N1095A on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Hey Mike,

Buy.com has them in sizes up to 4xl

http://www.buy.com/prod/men-s-navy-g-1- ... 19162.html

N1095A

#3 Post by N1095A »

Hi Sam,
Amazon had them too, but they ran out of the size. I got a 4XL tall directly from Luxury Lane. Dang, your link has my size for $99. Sucks I missed that. Luxury Lane is located in Easton, PA about 50 miles from where I live. I had standard UPS delivery the next day. This is a really nice jacket. A link in the Magnum Gear section would be a good idea I think.
How have you been? PM me!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

That's a sweet jacket! I would love to have that!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A

#5 Post by N1095A »

James,
Follow Sam's link, they're cheaper.
You won't be disappointed.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Nice jacket. I have the Air Force model and I think it is a nice looking jacket. It was very good on the wallet as well.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#7 Post by Pahonu »

N1095A wrote:Hi Sam,
Amazon had them too, but they ran out of the size. I got a 4XL tall directly from Luxury Lane. Dang, your link has my size for $99. Sucks I missed that. Luxury Lane is located in Easton, PA about 50 miles from where I live. I had standard UPS delivery the next day. This is a really nice jacket. A link in the Magnum Gear section would be a good idea I think.
Hey N,

How are the sleeves on your 4XT? I'm 6-7 and about 280 so I'm sure I should get the 4X part, but I'm worried about the sleeve length and they don't make any extra-tall. What's your dress shirt size? Mine is 19/38. I was looking at the sites and they both charge $149.99 for 4XT, so I think you still got a good deal. Thanks!

N1095A

#8 Post by N1095A »

Pahonu wrote:
N1095A wrote:Hi Sam,
Hey N,

How are the sleeves on your 4XT? I'm 6-7 and about 280 so I'm sure I should get the 4X part, but I'm worried about the sleeve length and they don't make any extra-tall. What's your dress shirt size? Mine is 19/38. I was looking at the sites and they both charge $149.99 for 4XT, so I think you still got a good deal. Thanks!
Haven't checked my dress shirt size lately, I buy most of mine from Cabelas, and the 3XL tall seem t fit quite well. I'm 6'5" (well, 6'4 3/4") and the 4XLT is great in the sleeves. But I got it larger than I figured I'd need because they (The Navy ones) are known for being snug fitting. plus I wanted it to be a little loose for sweaters etc. The sleeve length is 26" from the shoulder seam to the end of the knit cuff.
I swear the first time I looked at Sam's link, the 4XLT was $99. The next day they were $149. Go figure.
I wish I could be more helpful. I really love this jacket.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#9 Post by Pahonu »

Thanks for the info N. I'm seriously thinking about it now.

N1095A

#10 Post by N1095A »

Pahonu,
Just wanted to let you know I measured my arm length today according to the way the website I purchased the jacket from, and I'm a 38 also. When I stand with my arm fully extended, the sleeve extends to the tip of my middle finger (at the edge of the cuff).
Hope this helps.
Mike

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by steveadl »

Just placed an order for mine - $83 on Amazon, but of course seller doesn't ship to Australia so will cost me an extra $25 to have it sent through my US address first.

Ended up choosing a 2XL Tall according to my understanding of their sizing chart - then going one size higher as suggested so its not too snug and I can put long sleeve top on underneath. Fingers crossed I worked it out right...

Oh and bought season one of the new Hawaii Five-O while I was at it. :D

N1095A

#12 Post by N1095A »

steveadl wrote:Just placed an order for mine - $83 on Amazon, but of course seller doesn't ship to Australia so will cost me an extra $25 to have it sent through my US address first.

Ended up choosing a 2XL Tall according to my understanding of their sizing chart - then going one size higher as suggested so its not too snug and I can put long sleeve top on underneath. Fingers crossed I worked it out right...

Oh and bought season one of the new Hawaii Five-O while I was at it. :D
Very cool, ans WELL worth it's price. Let us know how it fits.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Sam »

I ordered the jacket today for 83.99 and free shipping.Also noticed that ALL sizes are available for the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/Landing-Leathers- ... B000WWDL4I

I...
Ensign

#14 Post by I... »

steveadl wrote:Just placed an order for mine - $83 on Amazon, but of course seller doesn't ship to Australia so will cost me an extra $25 to have it sent through my US address first.
Received it yet? What US mailbox company did you use?

Anyone knows the parcel size (for calculation of shipping)?

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by steveadl »

I... wrote:
Received it yet? What US mailbox company did you use?

Anyone knows the parcel size (for calculation of shipping)?
I use HopShopGo.com for my US parcels. It's still in transit according to Amazon tracking. Having said that - the last parcel I sent to the address took a few extra days so I think their processing leaves a bit to be desired and can imagine it will only get worse closer to Christmas.

I'll update on weight and cost once it arrives.