Taking Stock: Who's the Longest Participating Magnum Maniac?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Taking Stock: Who's the Longest Participating Magnum Maniac?

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Hi All,

I often wonder when visiting, who has been trawling around here for the longest. There are several names I come across when browsing through old comments who were extremely active and knowledgeable, but aren't around any more...Island Hopper comes to mind.

I see my joined date is 24 Mar 2009, which seems to make me a newbie compared to some others. So, with the exception of James, of course, who has been an active member for the longest? (I'm thinking Sam is a good candidate) Better yet, what do you remember about first joining the forum? Looking back at the episode threads, it seemed pretty exciting with the anticipation of the new seasons on DVD yet to come out.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by erock308 »

What we got here is a missing persons case... IslandHopper, Last Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:47 am.... too bad TM doesn't like taking on that kind of a case
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

My joined date is 4/1/08.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:My joined date is 4/1/08.
I would say you're the most prolific, INWYT . . . with Steve being the longest active poster, being from March 2007, beating you by a month.

It seems a lot of us joined right around that time, me in May 2007 and a few of you other heavyweights in April of the same year.

Does that make Spring of 2007 Magnum-Mania's forum "Big Bang"?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Sam »

Hi Styles,

I joined in the second year and at that time the bulk of the activity was from ....Shermy,Doc Ibold,Tralfaz,Golfmobile,N1095A,Steve,Rubberchicken,Islandhopper,Sellecklover and Frodoleader.I may have missed a few but looking at my list,I think it's a toss up between Steve and Frodoleader.Both contribute on a weekly basis.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

IslandHopper, Doc Ibold, golfmobile, SelleckLover, Shermy, Frodoleader and all the rest are sorely missed! They are all great people. :(

But that's the nature of internet message boards - people come, people go. I can only hope that everyone is healthy and happy.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#7 Post by N1095A »

J.J. Walters wrote:IslandHopper, Doc Ibold, golfmobile, SelleckLover, Shermy, Frodoleader and all the rest are sorely missed! They are all great people. :(
But that's the nature of internet message boards - people come, people go. I can only hope that everyone is healthy and happy.
Wow! 8/27/07, I've been here a while. :wink:
I have golfmobile on my facebook friends list. If anyone's interested in friending her, PM me. I'll give you the link.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Tralfaz
Admiral

#8 Post by Tralfaz »

I was around in early 2007 reading, but didn't join till 5/17/07.

I still check in every week, but I think topics are cyclical as members come and go and with time you have less new to say.

As James said, it has always been a nice group and I wish them well.

T
"..outasight!.." - Tyler Peabody McKinney

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by steveadl »

Geez a lot of regulars have dropped out. Perhaps that's why the quote game thread has died - I really enjoyed that :(

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Coops »

Yep, there are a lot of the orginal plank owners that I miss but that's the internetz for you. I still enjoy this board a lot.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by sophia »

I've been around since 2/6/08 even though I go missing during the summer, due to the baseball season. :D
This is by far my favorite site.
Great group of people with stories and information found nowhere else.

burroughsmvp
Commander

#12 Post by burroughsmvp »

I've been on this board since '07, I believe. Great "chatting" with lots of you...and sharing all the research I did while writing the episode guide.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

burroughsmvp wrote:I've been on this board since '07, I believe. Great "chatting" with lots of you...and sharing all the research I did while writing the episode guide.
Wow, burroughsmvp. While you're not a prolific contributor, I think you may be the winner. I'm guessing there are a ton of lurkers who are both members and visitors.

Would those who are lurking be willing to post a simple word or smiley, just so we know you're there?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#14 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I saw a lots of names that have been absent for a while. Maybe some of our old friends will drop back in for a visit.

burroughsmvp
Commander

#15 Post by burroughsmvp »

I don't know if that makes me the winner or just shows my age. I got hooked on the old A&E Magnum forum years ago, giving tidbits from my episode guide for that week's shows. And since JJ started this one, it's been fun to share a little knowledge every once in a while!