How do you watch Magnum?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How do you watch Magnum?

In sequence
71%
Watch an episode I like when the mood strikes
29%

Total votes: 17

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

How do you watch Magnum?

#1 Post by steveadl »

I've always watched Magnum (and other shows) in sequence. So when I feel like it, I'll start at Season 1, Episode 1 and then slowly work my way through the series over a period of months. Maybe it's just the OCD in me, or perhaps the German efficiency. :D

Just interested to find out how other MM'ers watch the show.

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Coops »

Mostly in sequence but I will watch an episode twice, like J. "Digger" Doyle right now, if I feel like it. So it's "both" for me.

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#3 Post by Shermy »

The first time I watch a show on dvd, I'll go in sequence.

Afterwards, I always scan the episode list and select whichever episode feels right at the time.

So basically, I let my little voice decide. :lol:

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Brian »

I watched the first season on the same day each episode aired 30 years ago. I was thinking about doing this for the rest of the series but I dont want to take 7 more years to finish the series.
Sneakers Higgins!!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

Re: How do you watch Magnum?

#5 Post by Magnum T. »

steveadl wrote:I've always watched Magnum (and other shows) in sequence. So when I feel like it, I'll start at Season 1, Episode 1 and then slowly work my way through the series over a period of months.
Me too.
Brian wrote:I watched the first season on the same day each episode aired 30 years ago. I was thinking about doing this for the rest of the series but I dont want to take 7 more years to finish the series.
I (re)watched the pilot on that day but no way I will ever watch the show according to airing dates.
I follow the chronological sequence but watch the episodes when I want/have the time.
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

All of my Magnum DVD's are in one large stack, case-less. I pick up the stack, shuffle it, and then separate it into two stacks at a random point. I then flip a coin; heads means I pick the DVD that is closest to my left hand, tails right hand. Lastly, I roll a die which determines which episode I will watch on that particular DVD. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by steveadl »

J.J. Walters wrote:All of my Magnum DVD's are in one large stack, case-less. I pick up the stack, shuffle it, and then separate it into two stacks at a random point. I then flip a coin; heads means I pick the DVD that is closest to my left hand, tails right hand. Lastly, I roll a die which determines which episode I will watch on that particular DVD. ;)
Wow, never heard that one before!

That means you could go years without seeing certain episodes. :shock:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

I'm just joking Steve. ;) Although sometimes I do just kind of randomly pick a DVD out of the stack. These days, after seeing each episode many times over the years, I usually have a specific reason for watching an episode (screen shots, quotes, something to investigate, fan questions, etc.).
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by steveadl »

J.J. Walters wrote:I'm just joking Steve. ;) Although sometimes I do just kind of randomly pick a DVD out of the stack. These days, after seeing each episode many times over the years, I usually have a specific reason for watching an episode (screen shots, quotes, something to investigate, fan questions, etc.).
D'oh! :oops:

Thought it was a bizarre way for one of the biggest Magnum fans out there to watch the show!

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by No need to know! »

I always watch one season in a sequence. I can watch the third season one month, and the next month i can watch the seventh season.
I have done this for over ten years now, first on vhs since i have every episode recorded on tape, and later on dvd.
When i bought the series on dvd i watched the entire series in less than a month from the first episode :lol: Don´t have the need to do that anymore.

But the show runs 5 nights a week here so i watch it there aswell if i am not working.

Yeah don´t tell it to anyone, i am a MPI freak.
Onion´s extra?

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Brian »

I really enjoyed watching the first season on the original air dates, It felt like stepping back in time. As of now I'm only mid way through the second season, I still haven't seen every episode from the series. I've been putting off watching the entire series, I don't want it to end.

I have seen most of the series when I first started to watch it on TV in the late 90's.
Sneakers Higgins!!