Magnum stuff for sale

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#46 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

He may be the real deal, but it's no excuse to insult a well-respected forum member here who brought up some valid points.

My 2 cents.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#47 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Bondtoys.de wrote:He may be the real deal, but it's no excuse to insult a well-respected forum member here who brought up some valid points.

My 2 cents.

Agreed!

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#48 Post by Karrnut »

There maybe something "deeper" to his anger, and Styles was at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and he just vented on him. There's not a one of us who hasn't had a a day like that.

It's how you recover & repair the damage you have done, that proves your value and depth of character.
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Coops »

Well stated, Karr.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Sam »

Bondtoys.de wrote:He may be the real deal, but it's no excuse to insult a well-respected forum member here who brought up some valid points.

My 2 cents.

Hi Bondtoys,de,

My comment stands and was directed at those who are skeptical of his identity.

As to the insult,I agree that it shouldn't have occurred and if you go back and look,I was the first to point it out to him.

In my opinion M.T. didn't object to any of Styles questions but misunderstood the intent of Styles line.." The message board equivalent of a "drunk dial?" That line is the only thing I see that can be questioned.Someone said they've spoken with him and I'm assuming he's aware of the misunderstanding,so the ball is in his court.We'll see if he does the right thing.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Absolutely agree, Sam, and I hope, that it was clear from my post that I took your comment that way.

I also agree with Karrnut, that everybody has a bad day.

But so far, I can see only damage and not the recovery&repair part and that says a lot about a man's character.

Yes, it's up to him to react or not.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#52 Post by J.J. Walters »

This is one strange thread. I have no idea what is going on, but this guy M.T. (security) has contacted me and would like me to delete his posts and account. I will honor this once people have had a chance to read this update. He also adds the following:
I have had an illness in my family that has taken up all my time. I know your followers are upset with not hearing from me. But I think their posts are out of line and I will not honor them with the opportunity to purchase my items. I have some emails from some of your more respectful members and when the time is right I will contact them and give them the opportunity.... I will not be returning to your sight. Thank You!
Security
For the life of me, I can't figure out who is "out of line", but whatever. If anyone is interested in pursuing this stuff please contact this guy directly, because this thread will be toast in a few days. Good luck everybody!
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#53 Post by Karrnut »

How strange.
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#54 Post by rubber chicken »

It's too bad the thread turned out this way. Reading through it again I can see both sides, misunderstandings included. After all, M.T. was doing us a favor by offering items directly to forum members. Unfortunately it's hard to separate the serious people like M.T. from the iffy people who sometimes come here and make similar offers. I think in part because he wasn't able to keep responding quickly, that allowed for people to start questioning the intent, and some flippant posts were made. And anyone who has a family member with a serious illness isn't in an emotional state to simply brush off perceived slights, as I know well myself.

M.T. - I sincerely wish you the best with your family, and thank you for your part in helping Magnum P.I. become such a wonderful show.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by Sam »

rubber chicken wrote:It's too bad the thread turned out this way. Reading through it again I can see both sides, misunderstandings included. After all, M.T. was doing us a favor by offering items directly to forum members. Unfortunately it's hard to separate the serious people like M.T. from the iffy people who sometimes come here and make similar offers. I think in part because he wasn't able to keep responding quickly, that allowed for people to start questioning the intent, and some flippant posts were made. And anyone who has a family member with a serious illness isn't in an emotional state to simply brush off perceived slights, as I know well myself.

M.T. - I sincerely wish you the best with your family, and thank you for your part in helping Magnum P.I. become such a wonderful show.

Hi RC,

I agree it is too bad the thread went south but here is my take.

If M.T.'s reaction was caused because of his emotional state,we can all accept it.We're now 5 weeks down the road from his farewell post and apparently he's following the thread.In the mean time..

Styles apologized for the misunderstanding.
It's been pointed out by many to Styles character but M.T. is accepting it and for me it's a blemish on his character.Accept the apology,call it a misunderstanding and move on.

As you said......And anyone who has a family member with a serious illness isn't in an emotional state to simply brush off perceived slights....
How serious,how emotional is it when you're worried about a discussion board??

The flippant posts were made after M.T. pack his tent,at which point some saw him as an iffy person.
Now Mike,if you're reading this..I wish you the best and hope things get better.

JJ,the sooner the better in tossing this thread to the trash heap.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#56 Post by rubber chicken »

Yeah, I don't disagree. I was just hoping to end the thread on the best note possible, but probably shouldn't have attempted it. Oops! :)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#57 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I feel really bad. I really don't have any ill feelings toward the guy in any way. I know the way people read things aren't always the way they're written and I never meant to antagonize him. Just a misunderstanding.

I feel like I may have "outed" him by his real name and that's why he got annoyed (that's my best guess). I probably wouldn't want that myself, especially if I were selling some very personal items - as clearly these things are. He opened the door a bit and I just walked through...I probably should have been more discrete. Again, very sorry to MT and to the others who are missing out because of the communication breakdown.

M.T.: The last person in the world I want pissed at me is someone who has been a body guard for one of the biggest names (and bodies) in the business! So please believe me when I say that I never intended to offend you. Everybody's welcome here as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by Styles Bitchley on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

PhatCat
Admiral

#58 Post by PhatCat »

On another board that I frequent, we DO NOT delete posts. We're REAL people behind these avatars. We're adults. We should be able to stand behind the things we post here. We should also be able to work things out in our little community in the open.

I don't think Styles has anything to apologize for. I'm sorry about Security's present situation but another thing we take seriously on the other forum I frequent is if you say you're going to do something, you either do it and follow through or you post an update in this thread and say why you can't. A quick update saying "Sorry, I'm not going to be able to sell these items at this time. Personal issues to deal with. If I get a chance in the future to sell them, I'll post another thread." That would have taken about 2 minutes to do. Can he honestly not look at this thread and realize that he "dangled the carrot," said he was going to get to it and then disappeared?

I'm not mad about not being able to purchase any of these items. But I DO believe in being accountable for what you post on internet forums. There really shouldn't be any reason to delete this thread. I would say, at most, edit out his name if he doesn't want it on the internet. The name "security" should be vague enough if he doesn't want his real name out there. I highly doubt anyone would go after or track someone down for a few Magnum collectibles.

Sorry if I'm out of line on this. Just my personal philosophy.

Bill Radintz

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#59 Post by J.J. Walters »

You make a good point Bill. I hadn't really thought about it much (this type of thing has never really come up before -- I just assumed deleting it would be the best thing to do), but the more I think about it, the more I believe the wrong thing to do is to delete the thread. It could set a bad precedent. I'll just change his real name to "M.T." and be done with it. Luckily I hadn't replied to him yet. ;)

Styles, no worries man. You didn't do anything wrong!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#60 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:I'll just change his real name to "M.T." and be done with it.
OK, I just did the same in my posts just to be thorough.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.