LJN Collectibles

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

LJN Collectibles

#1 Post by steveadl »

So I'm currently adding to my MPI collection. Just bought a 'ROBIN1' license plate and the Revell model Ferrari kit off eBay (and will keep eye out for new listings of Revell Vanagon & TC's chopper).

Was checking out JJ's Tie-In products page (very cool JJ). saw the LJN items and thought they look pretty cool. Did some searching and for one they're pretty much impossible to find for purchase, and the one site I did fine them out..... WOW, check out the value of them!!!

http://www.actiontoys.com/Merchant2/mer ... ode=MAGNUM

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Wow. Even that one with the broken box is going for $750! They're not even good quality toys.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Jelly Doughnuts
Lieutenant Commander

#3 Post by Jelly Doughnuts »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Wow. Even that one with the broken box is going for $750! They're not even good quality toys.
agreed. i've looked at these before and was really disappointed. can't believe there wasn't a better mpi figurine in the day.
"When I write my book on being a first class private investigator, Rule Number 168 is going to be: If you're getting chased, you should be in a fast car....
Postscript to Rule 168: No matter how fast your car is, there can always be one that's faster!"

Jelly Doughnuts
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by Jelly Doughnuts »

someone needs to commission this dude to do a magnum model http://toyzkulptor.blogspot.com/search? ... -results=7 he's awesome.
"When I write my book on being a first class private investigator, Rule Number 168 is going to be: If you're getting chased, you should be in a fast car....
Postscript to Rule 168: No matter how fast your car is, there can always be one that's faster!"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

:shock:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Walks
Captain

#6 Post by Walks »

Already working on it.
1/3rd scale, jeans and the "Parrot" shirt, with Rolex, bracelet, ring and Pumas...
This pose:

These clothes:

These are rough, but we're getting there...[/img]

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by steveadl »

That's awesome work Walks! Please tell me you're making more than one!

Jelly Doughnuts
Lieutenant Commander

#8 Post by Jelly Doughnuts »

that's great walks! i'll take one, life size thanks. i'm sure it will be expensive but i was going to spend a few grand on my wedding which i won't need once i have a life size magnum doll

lmao

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#9 Post by Pahonu »

Incredible project!

Magnum wore his deck shoes far more than the Pumas and especially with jeans. Just a thought. :)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, that is incredible work Walks! It looks really, really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by only looking »

Very talented artist you are. Can't wait to see it painted..that REALLY brings out all the details. :wink:
It made me do it Higgins!!!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by steveadl »

Hey JJ - here's another LJN collectible to ad to your Tie-In page. First time I've seen one...

Doubt he'll get the price he's after though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-P-I-Figure-1 ... 27ba740833

Damn, tried to post an image impression but couldn't. I can't seem to get the hang of the HTML coding for this forum software!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Tres cher mon ami.

Pretty cool to see it mint in the box. I always feel sad for toys like these...never got to have any fun!

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#14 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, that is really cool! I don't think I've ever seen a TM action figure! :shock:

Ya gotta love the seller's reasoning for the $800 starting bid price:
I am selling this figure to help pay for pharmacy school applications. This is a big reason I am asking a lot for this figure.

:)

He'd look good next to Higgy Baby!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

J.J. Walters wrote:Wow, that is really cool! I don't think I've ever seen a TM action figure! :shock:

Ya gotta love the seller's reasoning for the $800 starting bid price:
I am selling this figure to help pay for pharmacy school applications. This is a big reason I am asking a lot for this figure.

:)

He'd look good next to Higgy Baby!

Jeez, that's a bad Higgins. He looks more like a Mein Kampf action figure, if you get my meaning.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04