Magnum P.I. "best of" DVD release June 14, 2011

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Steve »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:The Best of the 80's DVD is for sale today at Walmart for $10. The episodes are:
Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii (2 parts)
Memories are Forever (2 parts)
Home From the Sea
Blind Justice
The Kona Winds
Limbo
Resoultions (2 parts)

Kind of a weird mix of episodes I think. I was tempted to buy it, but it appears there are no extras or bonuses and I already have all the season DVDs. Don't they know they could get some more money out of the fans if they had added something we haven't already seen or own? Ha-ha!
Only Styles picked The Kona Winds and no one picked Blind Justice. Two pretty good picks however but they sure did need about a half a dozen more to really get to the heart of "The Best Of"................

grundle
Admiral

#32 Post by grundle »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:The Best of the 80's DVD is for sale today at Walmart for $10. The episodes are:
Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii (2 parts)
Memories are Forever (2 parts)
Home From the Sea
Blind Justice
The Kona Winds
Limbo
Resoultions (2 parts)

Kind of a weird mix of episodes I think. I was tempted to buy it, but it appears there are no extras or bonuses and I already have all the season DVDs. Don't they know they could get some more money out of the fans if they had added something we haven't already seen or own? Ha-ha!
Thanks for posting the list!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#33 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Blind Justice certainly stands out as an odd one to me in the list. A good episode, but not a stand out.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by zebra3 »

I looked on all local retailers web sites and it says online only for the knight rider one at least.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#35 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kona Winds . . . wow. Color me stunned.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#36 Post by Shermy »

I'm surprised they didn't include at least one episode to showcase the "lighter" side of Magnum. The finale also seems like an odd choice, since I'm not sure it would be that satisfying to viewers unfamiliar with the show's history.

A decent lineup, though, and perhaps a better selection than what the other shows were given. For example, The A-Team's "Best Of" includes an episode routinely considered one of the worst by fans ("Body Slam").

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by steveadl »

Damn, I got 0 out of the 6! :D

Somewhat of a strange collection and not sure it would flow very well for someone who's never seen the series eg. 'Limbo' then directly followed by 'Resolutions' - so as far as they know, TM miraculously survived somehow (though they don't get to see what happened next), then straight to the finale with Lily etc. :shock:

Oh well, not a problem for us - don't think anyone here's is planning on buying it. And it may generate some more followers/interest in MPI which is the studios theory behind the release.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#38 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, no "Sunrise"?? :shock:

Still, not a bad little starter set for the casual fan. Would make for a great Father's Day gift. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!