Elks Lodge Pics (King Kamehameha Club)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Thomas Sullivan Magnum
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Elks Lodge Pics (King Kamehameha Club)

#1 Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Hi all,

Heading to Oahu in May, and managed to reserve the Elks Lodge for my wedding ceremony. I've looked online, and can't seem to find any newer pics of the club.. I hope it hasn't changed! Does anyone have any links or info?

Thanks!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Hi TSM,
Welcome to the forum..Here is a link to the Elks web page.

http://elks616.org/pg/175/tpgs/tpg1.html

Thomas Sullivan Magnum
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Thanks Sam!

I should of been more clear.. Other than the Elks site, I cant really find anything else. I scoured the site before I booked the weddin'

Also, for anyone else interested.. The Elks Lodge rents out their facilities very cheap. Either for weddings, meetings or parties.

I was very lucky, because since I'm on the east coast I had to hire a wedding planner.. Well, my jaw dropped when the planner said the Elks Lodge was one of her spots she uses.

For anyone interested, PM me and I can give you her info.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Sam »

Hi TSM,

I haven't seen many new pics of the KKC,as far as changes.It looks like the bar area is being restored. Maybe it isn't a big deal,they are planning on 2-3 days.

http://www.elks616.org/news/201102/3102.html

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Danno »

Are you going to be driving there in a Ferrari 308 with a white ribbon on it?

Say yes. 8)
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#6 Post by N1095A »

WOW! Getting married @ the KKC. How cool is that?!
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Thomas Sullivan Magnum
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#7 Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Ive actually looked at Ferrari rentals...but this wedding has already drained my account lol

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Danno »

Thomas Sullivan Magnum wrote:Ive actually looked at Ferrari rentals...but this wedding has already drained my account lol
8) Not surprising really... they're crazy-expensive things, weddings.

Congratulations btw! :D
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by Lt Tanaka »

The Elks is some kind of christian group right? Do you have to be christian to use their place I wonder?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#10 Post by SelleckLover »

Here's the mission statement from The Benevolent Order of Elks website:

To inculcate the principles of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity; to recognize a belief in God; to promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its Members; to quicken the spirit of American patriotism; to cultivate good fellowship; to perpetuate itself as a fraternal organization, and to provide for its government, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America will serve the people and communities through benevolent programs, demonstrating that Elks Care and Elks Share.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#11 Post by Styles Bitchley »

SelleckLover wrote:To inculcate the principles of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity; to recognize a belief in God; to promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its Members; to quicken the spirit of American patriotism; to cultivate good fellowship; to perpetuate itself as a fraternal organization, and to provide for its government, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America will serve the people and communities through benevolent programs, demonstrating that Elks Care and Elks Share.
Sounds like your standard fraternal organization. Not many of them around any more, it seems. Reminds me of my grandfather all dressed up with his funny hat!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by Lt Tanaka »

SelleckLover wrote:Here's the mission statement from The Benevolent Order of Elks website.
I guess that's a yes to my first question. Anyone know the answer to the second?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Lt Tanaka wrote:
SelleckLover wrote:Here's the mission statement from The Benevolent Order of Elks website.
I guess that's a yes to my first question. Anyone know the answer to the second?
I don't think you can assume that it's a "Christian" organization based on the word "God." The Freemasons, for example, just require that members believe in a "higher being"...at least officially. In theory, this can include Jews, Muslims and even agnostics. In practice, I suspect it's primarily Christian though.

Sad to see the renovation going ahead - it still looks like it did back in the day!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Thomas Sullivan Magnum
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#14 Post by Thomas Sullivan Magnum »

Doesn't matter which religion, it was never brought up. As long as they get their money :P

The Birdman
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by The Birdman »

I looked at "membership" it didn't say how much it cost. How much?