December 11, 2011 - Dress like Magnum, P.I. day!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#61 Post by Magnum T. »

perfectlykevin, I hate you!
Just kidding, it's not hate, it's envy!
:wink:
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#62 Post by steveadl »

Great photos Kevin, thanks for sharing!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#63 Post by J.J. Walters »

Killer pictures Kevin! Thanks for sharing!

The perimeter of the Estate looks like a veritable jungle. The foliage is so tall and dense now!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#64 Post by robspace54 »

Seeing those shots sure make me smile! Ah, the water, the sky, the palms, the air... the state of Hawai'i!

Thanks Kev for sharing those pictures. The beach erosion is sure awesome.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#65 Post by perfectlykevin »

Thanks guys! Had a blast, and have been dreaming of Oahu each night since returning. Planning the move once my son goes to college. :D The Estate is pretty overgrown around the dges but I think it's prob. for privacy purposes. I wonder how much else has changed?? Like I said I didn't want to go too close (had to sit on the seawal for a pic though!) esp. since I met one of the local police officers from Waimanalo earlier that day. He was nice but very big, and I wouldn't want to cross his path in an official capacity. ;)

BTW, Just up the shore is a great little place to eat, called "Sweet Home Waimanalo" just wanted to mention them since they had one of the best veggie/black bean burgers I've ever had! Also a shout out to Napolean's Bakery (many locations) for one of the best bread puddings, after my departed grandmother's that is! I felt like Mac in that place I can tell ya! :)

Anyway, the grounds from the front looked great but not much to see from the sea side. I did feel like going up to the gate to "work the lock" but again with the aforementioned (and very nice, don't get me wrong) police officer.

BTW, I didn't see any filming of 50 when I was there, but did see where the cast had recently visited the same shaved iced place we had, maybe a few weeks before. That was on the North Shore. Another btw, too, I just saw my first ep. of 50 (reboot) a couple of days agao. Great to see so many of the places we had just visited. The Iolani Palace, the King Kamehameha statue with the Seasons Greetings sign in back. I feel a wave of home sickness for the island already. :(

Kev

ban-1
Lieutenant

#66 Post by ban-1 »

I know I'm too late for it, but I'll dress like Magnum for 1 day of my cruise in the Caribbeans. I might dress like Higgins as well.
God So Beloved the earth(us humans) that he gave his only begotten son(Jesus Christ) to die for us(the sins we made) and rose on the third day so that whomever believeth in him shalt not die(go to Hell) but have everlasting life(Go to Heaven)
John 3:16

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#67 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ban-1 wrote:I know I'm too late for it, but I'll dress like Magnum for 1 day of my cruise in the Caribbeans. I might dress like Higgins as well.
I'm thinking this should become an annual event.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by KENJI »

I second that Styles!

ban-1
Lieutenant

#69 Post by ban-1 »

Naturaly I third that! :wink:
God So Beloved the earth(us humans) that he gave his only begotten son(Jesus Christ) to die for us(the sins we made) and rose on the third day so that whomever believeth in him shalt not die(go to Hell) but have everlasting life(Go to Heaven)
John 3:16

Styles Bitchley

#70 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I just noticed that Erin Gray is a member of the recently renamed "Dress Like the Cast of Magnum PI Day" facebook page. I wonder if she'll post pics of herself sporting a stick-on moustache??
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Al K9
Ensign

In My Magnum Gear

#71 Post by Al K9 »

Styles Bitchley

Re: In My Magnum Gear

#72 Post by Styles Bitchley »

- J.Q.H.

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

Re: In My Magnum Gear

#73 Post by ThomasMagnum »

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#74 Post by ThomasMagnum »