Resolutions - Cut Scenes

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

PhatCat
Admiral

#16 Post by PhatCat »

Did someone say "hot tub scene?"

:shock:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Hi Guys,

In the tidal pool clip right at the start, look at the big crack in the guest house post behind T.M.. It matches with a photo that was sent in by one of us showing the other side of the post from the tidal pool. Anyways, what I'm getting at, is even when the the show was on, the deterioration had begun on the estate.

Don't blame me about the what grounds look like now, as they let me go years ago! :cry:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#18 Post by J.J. Walters »

PhatCat wrote:Did someone say "hot tub scene?"

:shock:
Yep, a Playboy Playmate (Kimberly McArthur) no less! Just indiscriminately cut from the DVD! Grr!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Steve »

I haven't got around to getting the season eight DVD set and am shocked that they have cut out these scenes, especially the famous ending montage! I actually have the original broadcast on VHS as well, but the quality is bad and getting worse and haven't watched it in years.
Does anyone else get the impression that "new age" Don from the reunion helped in Magnum making his descision to re-up..............

eeyore
Admiral

#20 Post by eeyore »

In the clip with Lt Page there was no attempt to screen the view of the Shriner property behind Thomas when he was sitting at the typewriter! Didn't I read they liked to avoid showing that view from the lanai?

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#21 Post by steveadl »

Why on earth would they cut out that closing montage? Fit really well and a nice touch and reminder of the years.

Will have to go back and look at my DVD, I'm pretty sure the Region 4 release didn't have the montage, but I do remember the last part where Tom Selleck turnes off the TV then says 'goodnight' before flicking the remote.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#22 Post by Mavrick »

Thank You so much, I havn't seen that ending in years and almost forgot it was even there, wish I knew why they cut it out of the dvd set I feel a little rip off
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Baker32
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Resolutions - Cut Scenes

#23 Post by Baker32 »

I know this post was quite a bit ago but the links no longer work and I believe it’s because flash is no longer supported. Does anyone still have the original videos?