Imagine a Lost MPI Episode is Found...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#16 Post by Doc Ibold »

I disagree.

Magnum was dead... and he came back

Mac's back as a ghost for most of Season 8.... why not Ivan?

You could bring him back as a figment of Magnum's tortured mind in "Infinity and Jelly Doughnuts" and "Pleasure Principle"

Donuts ensucrats
Rear Admiral

#17 Post by Donuts ensucrats »

Doc Ibold wrote:I disagree.

Mac's back as a ghost for most of Season 8.... why not Ivan?
Agree! As I said
Mare de Déu Senyor!!!!!!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by lutherhgillis »

Aggie,

It's called suspense and misdirection (and imagination). Magnum shot at Ivan as a warning or Magnum shot Ivan and left him for dead. TV is repleat with people coming back to life. Get out of the house sometimes...

Just kidding. You have to admit it would be a real shock to see that Ivan had been working behind the scenes all along. That is what makes good TV.

This is all our imagination anyway. Universal will wait until all of the original characters are dead before they make an MPI movie or so it seems... :x

Now, I must get out of the house...

Ooh, how about bringing Agatha back as a KGB agent. She hung around Higgins listening to his boring stories just to give info to Ivan about what Magnum was up to... Yea, that the ticket!!! :wink:
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#19 Post by Agatha »

OK! OK! I give!

It's just that when Thomas shot Ivan, it was such a defining moment. Felt to me that it said A LOT about Thomas's character. I don't want to think that there was misdirection involved in that.

At least Mac's "ghost" is light and airy and funny and frustrating. An Ivan ghost would be WAY too dark and evil. I think it would take the Magnum series in a completely different direction. Magnum PI: Dark Shadows Edition. In fact, I did feel a bit of that in Infinity and Jelly Donuts.

So now that I've semi-conceded that you guys could possibly be right....it's time for me to get out of the house!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by lutherhgillis »

I'm back in the house because ot started to rain!

Agatha,

We're not right necessarily. It is all fantasy. I think most of what we said was tongue-in-cheek.

Here is something I have thought about before. What if in 1989 a new show had been spun off from MPI starring Mosley, Manetti, and Jeff Mackay. They could have become PIs and maybe could be based in New Orleans. That would open up the possibility for more of TC's family to get into the mix. Then TC could get bullet holes in the chopper from his own cases!

Just a thought...

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#21 Post by ConchRepublican »

lutherhgillis wrote:Ooh, how about bringing Agatha back as a KGB agent. She hung around Higgins listening to his boring stories just to give info to Ivan about what Magnum was up to... Yea, that the ticket!!! :wink:
This is brilliant! Kinda ties in the Angela Landsbury role from The Manchurian Candidate.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#22 Post by Agatha »

Don't worry, Luther. I know that your tongue is usually firmly planted in your cheek.

Are you having early April showers where you are, too? Here in the beautiful Northwest we're going from "goosedrowners" to blue skies and sunshine in the same HOUR!! Fair amount of rainbows, too!

My "plan" for the Magnum PI movie involves introducing the Magnum audience to the younger generation...Bryant, Melody and Lily, who are now grown and getting into the same kinds of scrapes that their fathers used to. Then the kids can spin off into a whole new "Magnum". And TC would be storming around about the bullet holes that Bryant gets in the chopper when he's helping Lily with the situations she gets herself into...and out of!

Oh well. I can dream, can't I?

Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by lutherhgillis »

Here is one idea I have been holding onto for a while. It's kind of "out there" but hear me out.

What if there was an episode where Magnum discovers that Higgins is really still an MI6 agent masquerading as major domo because he is investigating Robin Masters due to some connections to international banking crimes and money laundering. Higgins had been building a case against Robin since the mid 70s when he began to work for Masters. Will Magnun expose Higgins or join the operation? Is Robin really bad or just misunderstood? Could Robin be behind the Quang Ki operation?

Movie material?