How often do you watch Magnum PI?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

How often do you watch Magnum PI?

#1 Post by Frodoleader »

Just how often do you watch MPI? Is it daily, via syndication? Or whenever you get the urge, via DVD collection?

For myself, MPI has become our "go to" show, typically when there is nothing else to watch (which can be often). It's easy to pop in a DVD and get swept back to Hawai'i with our heroes, if just for a short time.
At other times, I get on a MPI tear and watch numerous episodes over short period of time.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I watched two episodes from Season One last night. I don't get to watch it as often as I'd like. Maybe this winter I'll have a little more time (no football or house projects to keep me busy).

Jaybird
Admiral

#3 Post by Jaybird »

I have an exercise room and an episode provides me with 45 minutes of entertainment while on a machine. I don't always watch an episode, like if a good football game is on or a golf tournment with Tiger in contention, I'll forego MPI.
On average, I watch MPI 3x per week so the entire series will last me a year. Tonight I'll watch the second hour of "Memories are Forever."

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#4 Post by N1095A »

In the past year I've done two complete run-throughs on all eight seasons. I do that once or twice a year. In between those marathons, I'll pop a disk in and catch an episode or two maybe every couple of weeks, or more if I'm looking up something specific.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Currently every day, in the middle of my watch-and-review marathon, I watch an episode each weekday (each night before I go to sleep) and review it the next day (though I review Friday's on the same day).

Outside of that, I'll watch an episode that takes my fancy about once or twice a week, although I do go through phases of more or less.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Katleen26
Unsubscribed

#6 Post by Katleen26 »

Hi,

I look at episodes every time I miss, when I have no morale or simply to be dreamed! In the series the place seems so beautiful that I would like to be there.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MACattack »

When i first got all the seasons on dvd, i watched MPI every day. Now I watch the show whenever I get a chance.
I just don't give a damn!

Higgy_baby
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by Higgy_baby »

Syndication just went off the air last week. I was watching that and the odd Season 1 episode in sequence on DVD up to then.

Now I'm going to pick up the pace with the DVDs.
Of course this changes nothing between us. I still expect you to respect the rules and regulations pertaining to your stay on the estate. There will be no wild parties, no outragous liberties, no unauthorized overnight guests...

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#9 Post by SelleckLover »

I watch every weekday at 3 pm/PST on local TV station KOCE.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#10 Post by Italian Ice »

Once in awhile, depending on what episode I want to see, and how busy my life is. Right now I'm trying to watch all of GAH, noticing a lot more guest stars from that show that were on MPI.

Mind you, over the crazy winter, I watched all of them throughout as I was getting back into the show, and hadn't seen some of them in over 10 years.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Steve »

Our local "retro-station" only shows it on Saturday's now so I normally watch it then. I do have season's 1 thru 4 on DVD but just don't get around to watching them as much as I should. I do have a kind of a funny story, two years ago when I was in Sturgis for the big Motorcycle Rally I had the brilliant (at the time) idea of renting a ten foot Budget truck, loading up my bike in the back and camping out of the back of it during the Rally to save money(I made it three days before the heat and lack of proper toilet facilities sent me whinning like a little girl to a $300.00/night Hotel). Anyway, I borrowed my Son's portable DVD Player and brought along all of my Magnum DVD's that I would watch at night. My neighbors on either side of me in huge motorhomes would either feel sorry for me, or just liked what I was watching and would pop over to watch an episode or two with me.....

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Magnum T. »

I'm going through the entire series (I'm ath the end of Season 6) for the first time, since I bought the DVDs some months ago.
Every night I watch a couple of old 70's Anime episodes, then a movie, then one MPI episode (sometimes two).
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

StarchedUndershirts
Admiral

#13 Post by StarchedUndershirts »

Right now, I don't watch it too much in syndication since it's on at the same time as the Red Sox.
I did purchase the first 3 seasons recently and watched the pilot last week.
I'll probablly watch a few eps tonight.

Higgy_baby
Rear Admiral

#14 Post by Higgy_baby »

Steve wrote:I made it three days before the heat and lack of proper toilet facilities sent me whinning like a little girl to a $300.00/night Hotel).
Steve, did you know that every year Indians from all over North America descend on the area near Sturgis / Rapid City for sundance ceremonies? Fasting is part of the ceremony, and for them means no water as well. They will sit alone for days with nothing other than a blanket in a small isolated square area and face 120deg days, thunderstorms, coyotes, snakes etc. Women do 4 days and men up to 7. Can you imagine? Makes your budget truck seem like the Ritz.
Of course this changes nothing between us. I still expect you to respect the rules and regulations pertaining to your stay on the estate. There will be no wild parties, no outragous liberties, no unauthorized overnight guests...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#15 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:My neighbors on either side of me in huge motorhomes would either feel sorry for me, or just liked what I was watching and would pop over to watch an episode or two with me.....
That's hilarious Steve! Those are the things you'll look back on with a smile; at Sturgis, in a Budget rental truck, watching Magnum with the well-to-do's! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!