Magnum collectibles dream!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Jaybird
Admiral

Magnum collectibles dream!

#1 Post by Jaybird »

I am planning to win a large lottery jackpot in the near future and intend using some of the funds to purchase one of every Magnum collectible out there, including the Anderson estate, a Hughes 500D, a 308GTS, an '81 Vanogan, all in the proper colors, of course. Oh yes, the Rolex, a team ring and Hayden surfski, also. The ultimate goal would be to open a MPI Disney World where, depending upon one's budget, you could tour the grounds, get a helicopter ride, learn to paddle a surfski, take a dinner cruise on Rick's yacht (almost forgot that!), go on a Vanogan tour of filming sites, or watch reruns in the newly remodeled estate's theater.

How about simply booking a room at the estate? Every room would include a red phone with Orson Welle's voice on the other end! Perhaps instead of a luau for guests, we could arrange something akin to an Anglo Hawaiian Orchid Club tea party!
So, what I need is a cost estimate and a list. There always seems to be that one elusive collectible that I've forgotten. I think I've spent over $10mm already but this jackpot will be a biggie!

Don't forget the two, trained dobermans and a pompous Englishman to manage the estate!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

Don't forget a micro brewery/restaurant to make your own Coops (light beer) and Old Dusseldorf (dark, long neck) and serve Macho Tacos, burritos and chili dogs!

Every room comes with turn down service, fig newtons on the pillow and a small milk.

Treasure hunt on the Estate grounds for: gorilla mask, rubber chicken (the actual toy chicken, not the poster), Tigers hat, Al Kaline bat, bug mask and jungle bird shirt. Winner gets a collectors edition signed by the cast of Stalag 17!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Sounds like you guys have it rolling! Now just get the cash and let us pay to experience this!

Higgy_baby
Rear Admiral

Re: Magnum collectibles dream!

#4 Post by Higgy_baby »

Jaybird wrote:Don't forget the two, trained dobermans and a pompous Englishman to manage the estate!
I'd like to submit my curriculum vitae. I'm pressing my best KD and practising the accent.
Of course this changes nothing between us. I still expect you to respect the rules and regulations pertaining to your stay on the estate. There will be no wild parties, no outragous liberties, no unauthorized overnight guests...

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Don't forget to buy the striped helicopter, that is always getting the window shot out but is always fixed by the next apperance. :)
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Jaybird
Admiral

#6 Post by Jaybird »

Right, on the used market a 500 D runs about $500k. A 308 GTS is maybe $35k. The estate is maybe $10mm? A team ring is $1000. Rick's boat has to be $500k. A fiberglass surfski is $2000. TC's Vanogan might be $5000. Figure paint jobs on the VW and 500D costing at least $5000.
Two well trained dobies have to cost $5000. Magnum's hats would run $200. The Rolex is around $5000. The Model 1911A is at least $600 used. Figure $1mm minimum to remodel the estate. Heck! It would be more than that. You would need to set aside a huge chunk to simply pay for upkeep and property taxes. Flying lessons would be expensive.
A rubber chicken has to cost $9.95!

Big lotteries are out there to be had with some luck....well, lots of luck. So, if one of us wins then this project would be a worthy cause and I, for one, would love to spend a few nights at the estate. I think the guest quarters could garner at least $500 per night!

At least I can watch my DVDs and dream..... :D

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

So, you're looking at 12 mil just to get the project kicked off. I'd imagine you want another couple million to have until it kicks into full gear.

Jaybird
Admiral

#8 Post by Jaybird »

There should be enough stimulus money to go around for this project. Plus, look at the jobs it would create, especially the remodeling of the estate. I will volunteer my services, for a reasonable fee, to see that it is spent wisely.

This is a "shovel-ready" project for sure, judging from the recent pictures of the estate. Plus, you can have the complete, frame off restorations of a few cars, a boat, a helicopter, the services of a dog trainer. I mean, it sure beats "the bridge to nowhere" and that airport in John Murtha's hometown! Heck, Congress just approved $220mm for 3 Gulfstream corporate jets to be assigned specifically to the Air Force wing that flys around our Congressional leaders! This project could be called. "Moolah for Magnum." If I only knew some Democrats........

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Jaybird, excellent idea to use some stimulus money for this endeavor. I mean, for what they are giving money away for, $20 million for a Magnum Fantasy Camp shouldn't be that big of a deal. Let's get a group to go lobby for this on the Hill! :D

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#10 Post by wwmd »

That's what I'm doing to stimulate the economy.
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

wwmd wrote:
That's what I'm doing to stimulate the economy.
Unfortunately, that's a very bad fake watch, so please don't spend much money on it.

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#12 Post by wwmd »

Don't worry. It was a gift. :D

Alexander J Colvin Esq.
Lieutenant

#13 Post by Alexander J Colvin Esq. »

Do any of you guys have any of this stuff? I´m afraid I just have a rubber chicken my hairdresser bought for me, a mug my ex girlfriend got me and an annual my best friend bought me which spells selleck, sellick :)

oh and i almost forgot the team symbol inked on my ring finger and a bad moustache i grew myself

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by wwmd »

Here's my latest acquisition. It's supposed to be 14K gold, but I haven't been able to get it appraised yet.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by MACattack »

where did you get the team ring?
I just don't give a damn!