Collectibles . . . .

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Collectibles . . . .

#1 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, shoot me! (You might as well -- Larry's going to!)

I just won the Crew Jacket on eBay. I'm really SO excited. Now that summer is coming, I can't wait for fall so I can wear it -- though this summer I'll probably turn the A/C way down and sleep in the jacket.

I really wanted the others that came up on eBay, but weren't they in the $300 range? This was more in my economic stratum.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

wes
Lieutenant Commander

#2 Post by wes »

Worth every penny, actually a very good price, suprising it didn't go higher. Congratulations and Enjoy. Wes

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by Jeffrey »

Wow, very Nice Golf!! :D
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Nice going Golf! I'm glad someone from the boards won. It would be great if you could. somehow, get TS to autograph it for you!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Sam »

Congratulations Golf,

I'm surprised that you were the only bidder.
I remembered your post the last time the jacket was mentioned,Larry was all for it...Here is your post.

If Englishmagnum hasn't snapped it up, Larry says I can get it. James, I've PM'ed you -- please let me know. Though I think I may be too late. I can only hope EM can't afford shipping to England, though that's probably not a deal-breaker.

golf

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#6 Post by golfmobile »

Sam,

Thanks for the reminder, but he MAY not be as amenable this time, as we just bought a new computer (though it, too, was a really good deal -- amazing how prices have come down on electronics!). However, I truly didn't recall that he "gave me permission" last time, so maybe he won't object. Heck, I can hope he'll want to "borrow" it sometime! Usually that's the way to get away with acquiring something cool but mostly extravagant or "discretionary" -- if he gets to use it too!

As for an autograph, I think this jacket has the stitched "thanks" and the replica of TS' signature embroidered inside, at least that's what the other eBay sellers of similar jackets have shown in a picture. However, if I ever get the call to be an extra on the AK/TS movie filming here, I'll be sure to take the jacket and a permanent marker along "just in case."

MGI can't wait to wallow around on it!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

I saw an identical jacket on e-bay a couple of months ago (or maybe it was the same jacket, that didn't sell first time?).

I almost bid on it myself, but was low on money at the time and would have nowhere to display it anyway.

But a nice find; I wonder if you'll put it on display.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#8 Post by golfmobile »

"Display"???

I was going to wear it all fall and winter!! Is that sacrilege? I'm sorry, but to me, that's the point of having it -- to wear it. If I'd had a chance to own the "Foiled Again" shirt I saw, I might have worn it too. Of course, we're pretty sure it was actually WORN by TM, so a little more "collector" value, so maybe I wouldn't have worn it often . . . . . but a crew jacket? TS didn't wear it, probably never touched it.

Am I odd man out here?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#9 Post by ConchRepublican »

Way to go golf!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

I believe -- but I'm not sure yet -- that the seller I bought the jacket from IS the crew member to whom the jacket was given. (I IMDB'ed his name and IMDB lists that he worked as a gaffer/electrician on MPI 1985-88.) So I have asked him about that. If he IS an actual crew member from the show, I will try to ask a few more questions -- such as, would you be interested in joining Magnum-Mania so that MPI fans can ask you questions about your time with the show?

I'll keep you posted.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

golfmobile wrote:Am I odd man out here?
No, I say go ahead and wear it! Wear it proud, wear it loud! :)

I know you like to "create" different golfing outfits. This would make for a fine fall outfit. Throw on some Jordache jeans, feather your hair, slap on a thin, brightly-colored headband, and you're rollin'.... 80s style!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#12 Post by rubber chicken »

And don't forget to wear your jelly shoes! ;)