Being a WW2 vet, would Higgins really drive an Audi?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Would Higgins have driven an Audi in real life?

Yes
90%
No
3%
Heck No
8%

Total votes: 39

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Being a WW2 vet, would Higgins really drive an Audi?

#76 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Gorilla Mask wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:25 pm In France I deplore the fact that we don't have more curiosity with Canadians while our contemporary history shares such a common ground.

In general, the French are unaware of many things about Canada, including regarding our cousins in Quebec. My compatriots tend to take Québécois with some kind of patronizing , which I dislike to the utmost.

On the rare occasions when I've come across Québécois in France (or French-speaking Canadians), I've been struck by their simplicity, frankness and sincerity . Far away from the conveniences and the mundane tone "A la Française". :wink:
Indeed. The French (as well as the franco Suisse and Belgians) have a hard time not giggling when they hear the Québécois accent. It’s really quite a surprise when you’re used to the smooth euro francais. Lovely people though, of course.

And despite the differences we have with Quebec and the Americans, when the chips are down, we know who our allies are. Still, I’ll take a Porsche over a Peugeot any day! Lol.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.