What MLB teams wear Navy blue hats

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

What MLB teams wear Navy blue hats

#1 Post by only looking »

I have been trying to find a fitted navy blue hat with green underside bill in a size 7 5/8 and can't seem to come up with one. Then a friend of mine said find an old vintage hat then put the Da Nang patch over it. Now the hard part..I do like some baseball from time to time, but don't know all the teams and team colors. :oops: ..so do any of you guys know of any teams that have a solid navy blue hat like the Detroit Tigers uses? I hope I can find a team that isn't that popular, find one that does have the green underside and hopefully their emblem on the hat is small enough to cover with my patch. I was told by someone who made frienda with someone who use to work on Magnum and they said alot of the original hats (DA NANG) actually were Detroit Tigers hats that they had covered over.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

I don't know if you can get any hats with the green underside anymore...

I would go with your suggestion of getting the Tigers cap and putting the Da Nang patch over the top

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Here are the teams I can think of with navy hats: Red Sox, Yankees, Rays, Tigers, Twins, Indians (Alternate), Mariners, Braves (Alternate), Nationals (Road), Brewers, Astros, Padres.

I doubt you can find one with green under the bill. Finding an older hat on Ebay may be your only option for that. You also have to remember that all of these hats are going to have the MLB logo on the back.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by only looking »

Thanks guys :)

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

#5 Post by Klaus »

There's a Tiger's road cap from Cooperstown available. T. M. wore a road cap in one episode, so this could be worth a try.

Here's the link:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?p ... 49.1168178

I hope it works, if not, have a look at the Tiger's MLB shop.

The cap is said to be quote "a precise replica of what the legendary pros once wore", which I doubt, as it hasn't a high profile front, the visor is pre-curved and the material is a wool blend. I am no baseball pro, though. The visor's underside seems to be green on the picture.

I still haven't a Tiger's cap for multiple reasons, one being the current colour: black.
:?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The Tigers still wear navy caps they are just a little darker than the 80's version.

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Klaus »

Oh, they are so dark navy that I thought they were black. :oops: Anyway, they are not screen accurate. This won't do for me.

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by grapeshot »

Vintage Brewers hats, from when they were in the American League, were a lighter blue. (I have one myself.)

In 1994 they changed their colors to navy blue, white, and gold. Their "away game" hats are navy with a green bill.

By the way, I found all of this detail, including the images, on Wikipedia, but to save you the trouble of having to do considerable reading, I thought I'd fill you in on the stuff about the Brewers.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by only looking »

Thanks..that eliminates a hat from the runnings.