Magnum PI E-True Hollywood Story

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

Magnum PI E-True Hollywood Story

#1 Post by Italian Ice »

OMG, this is on right now! It's incredible to see what was going on behind the scenes and in between the filming. Good times and bad times, but its scary that this show nearly didn't make it past the 1st season. Tabloids, scandals, family life, commentaries, directors inputs, problems behind the scenes, and the joys of working as a team, and more.

Interesting examples

*Rumors that TM was seeing Jean Bruce Scott!
*Donald Bellisario nearly left the show entirely after the 2nd season to do other shows.
*TC was originally fired after the first season, but worked with Donald Bellisario to work things out.
*The cast members stories with deranged fans!
*TS's films that he made in between
*How he met Jillie Mack and that he went to see her perform in "Cats" several times and was too shy to approach her.

And a whole lot more!

I don't know if this is old or not, but if none of you have seen this, you should check this out.
Last edited by Italian Ice on Mon May 18, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Coops »

I wonder if it's on YouTube...I'll go find out.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

SON OF A.....

Do you know when it's back on? I'd love to DVR it

Italian Ice

#4 Post by Italian Ice »

I'm not sure. I missed the first few minutes as I was channel surfing and noticed it on the tv listings. I also missed the final moments as I was interrupted, but it was very interesting, and with some new information that I'm sure many of us didn't know about, in and out of the show...

If anyone sees this online, please post a link here.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I wish I had known earlier. Maybe I can catch it sometime on Tivo. I have seen the Tom Selleck Biography, but I'd love to catch this one day!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#6 Post by N1095A »

I checked the listings for E! for the next week. No rerun scheduled. I've been wanting to see this for years. I'm pi$$ed I missed it. Someone explain how there can be a "True Hollywood Story" on someone that has no affiliation with Hollywood, or the entertainment industry. They have one on Andrea Yates that airs twice this week. :evil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Yates
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Italian Ice

#7 Post by Italian Ice »

James, have you seen it?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

Nope. I can't believe I missed it.... again! :x

What channel was it on?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Italian Ice

#9 Post by Italian Ice »

Not sure what channel. If you're able to find it and add it to this site it would be an awesome addition!

Again? You mean this isn't new?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#10 Post by J.J. Walters »

I.I., no, it's not new. It originally aired on August 5th, 2001.

I've been trying to catch it for years! And it's not available online anywhere, not even YouTube (yes, there is still stuff you can't find on YouTube).
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#11 Post by N1095A »

I have been trying to catch it for years too. Several years ago I caught the last 15 minutes of it, that's how I knew it existed. It is very elusive as they hardly ever run it.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

(Sulk) We don't get this in the UK (unless it's buried on some obscure channel that I don't have / want).

I wonder if there's any chance of putting it on the site? :)
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

n.magnum
Lieutenant

#13 Post by n.magnum »

I've asked people on here about this for a long time a no one knew much about it. I have even tried to find it on torrents with no luck. I managed to get the Miami Vice version though....but no Magnum!!!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

I was one of those that saw it when it first aired, but my memory is a bit fuzzy when it comes to what revelations came out of that show as opposed to Tom's Biography piece. I believe I recall TS talking about the original script and the changes he wanted to the character, he talked about working as a handyman for his Landlord In Oahu while he was awaiting the writers strike to end and Magnum to start shooting (and he would have had the time to do the Indiana Jones Movie during this down time).Also Roger Mosely talking about being uncomfortable and having a bad attitude the first season, being from Compton and being thrown in amongst all those white folks in Hawaii (of course, TS and Bellisario worked that all out with him). They talked about the Helicopter crash and fatality and I think I remember Larry Manetti talking about Frank Sinatra's guest appearence and the tab he ran up. I wish I would have caught it on Sunday!

Kimbosan
Captain

#15 Post by Kimbosan »

James,
Do you know the exact title of the story and what show it was on, I have contacts in the media and I will be able to get hold of it and post for all....

Kimbosan
Kimbosan