cigar cutter

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

cigar cutter

#1 Post by only looking »

Found the cigar cutter..Dunhill brand...OMG they're expensive.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Is that the one with the leather handle??

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#3 Post by Italian Ice »

Is the one from the show still on e-bay?
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#4 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Nothing Dunhill makes is cheap! They are luxury items in the cigar world, and most would say their accessories are overpriced. If you want a cigar cutter try to find one like Magnum's grandfather gave him. Several companies make them, and I am sure you can find a nice one at a reasonable price.

PhatCat
Admiral

#5 Post by PhatCat »

The one that was on eBay was this one:

CTS Zigarren-Abschneider from Germany

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

The only thing about those cutters is that you couldn't cut a larger ring gauge with it. I'd bet, just by looking at it, you'd probably only be able to cut a 50 ring gauge if you were lucky. Something like a Xikar can get you to a 60 and there are tons of good smokes these days 50+.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by only looking »

I should have explained further. I believe the one his grandfather gave him was a Dunhill. Type up their name and you'll find the round coin style cigar cutter. If anyone can find a differnet name brand that looks like that. PLEASE post it I would love to have one if it was under $100 or less.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Only looking. Try going to cigarsinternational.com. They may have one that is similar on the. Also Holts and Jr's would be good places to look.

wes
Lieutenant Commander

#9 Post by wes »

I just received the cigar cutter in the mail tonight and am very happy to have it on my desk by the humidor.
It is actually a Donatus from Soligen Germany. This is the one item I was ecstatic to bid on much less have the winning bid. Now to enjoy a Macanudo that is going to be cut with it. Wes

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#10 Post by N1095A »

Wow! there are actually "cigar cutters"? So what you guys are telling me is you don't bite the end off and spit it out? I never knew. :lol:
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#11 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Wes, I have three Xikar cutters and I love them. They make a perfect cut everytime, and the products have a lifetime warrenty.

You should take one of Higgins cigars to christen the cutter!

PhatCat
Admiral

#12 Post by PhatCat »

I also have a Xikar. I paid too much for it at my B&M but whatever. I could have found it cheaper online.

Palio would be the other cutter I would get if I needed to.

Or I guess you can just "bite & spit"... :lol:

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I've heard good things about the Palio as well. I do love my Xikar though, and I don't think I would trade it for anything! Now if I could only find a lighter that works as well. Most of mine crap out after a couple of years. Right now I have a twelve dollar Colibri that I have had a little over a year. When it dies I'm going to try a Xikar and see if their lighters are as good as their cutters.

mrnation8
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: cigar cutter

#14 Post by mrnation8 »

Yes it’s a Dunhill PA 5205 and I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the one used in the show. Very nice cutter and smoked a Montecristo #2 in the first night I got it!

wes
Lieutenant Commander

Re: cigar cutter

#15 Post by wes »

I purchased the Cigar Cutter off of EBay used by Magnum in the Episode Compulsion season 5. It is a Donatus from Soligen and Magnum borrows a cigar from Higgins Humidor and uses the Cigar cutter to cut a v in the end of it. Higgins proceeds to tell the story of his Mates from Sandhurst who are coming for a visit.I also have purchased the Dunhill as well but not the one used one the show.