cigar cutter

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: cigar cutter

#16 Post by Styles Bitchley »

mrnation8 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:48 am Yes it’s a Dunhill PA 5205 and I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the one used in the show. Very nice cutter and smoked a Montecristo #2 in the first night I got it!
wes wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:27 pm I purchased the Cigar Cutter off of EBay used by Magnum in the Episode Compulsion season 5. It is a Donatus from Soligen and Magnum borrows a cigar from Higgins Humidor and uses the Cigar cutter to cut a v in the end of it. Higgins proceeds to tell the story of his Mates from Sandhurst who are coming for a visit.I also have purchased the Dunhill as well but not the one used one the show.
This is pretty remarkable, you guys. Can you share some more details on how you were able to authenticate? Maybe some photos and screen caps?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

mrnation8
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#17 Post by mrnation8 »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:41 pm
mrnation8 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:48 am Yes it’s a Dunhill PA 5205 and I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase the one used in the show. Very nice cutter and smoked a Montecristo #2 in the first night I got it!
wes wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:27 pm I purchased the Cigar Cutter off of EBay used by Magnum in the Episode Compulsion season 5. It is a Donatus from Soligen and Magnum borrows a cigar from Higgins Humidor and uses the Cigar cutter to cut a v in the end of it. Higgins proceeds to tell the story of his Mates from Sandhurst who are coming for a visit.I also have purchased the Dunhill as well but not the one used one the show.
This is pretty remarkable, you guys. Can you share some more details on how you were able to authenticate? Maybe some photos and screen caps?
Let me try to figure out photos on my phone, but I got mine from James Luske who was a cinematographer for the show. He’s a great guy with some great stories! I also got his belt buckle, a Swiss musical wind up box with Magnum theme given out at Christmas, a watch given out at Christmas, and some photos of him on the show and one with him smoking cigars with Mr. Selleck. He said when the show ended Tom asked him what he would like as a momento so he asked for the cutter since him and Tom had also smoked some cigar’s together using the cutter. It was amazing to receive and now use to cut my Montecristo #2s with!

mrnation8
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#18 Post by mrnation8 »

To The Regiment
Vice Admiral

#19 Post by To The Regiment »

mrnation8 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:03 am https://photos.app.goo.gl/zYSZrr4MnfKy2zMw8

Maybe this will work?
Fascinating. Congratulations on the acquisitions!

I bought the same style Dunhill cigar cutter a couple of years ago. It had hardly been used, and works well. Makes me think of TM every time I enjoy a cigar. It will eventually be passed down to my son, who is also a huge Magnum fan.

Cheers!
To The Regiment