Counting your chickens

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Counting your chickens

#1 Post by only looking »

I know this is sad but I actually tried to count how many different types of rubber chickens were used and so far I'm up to 4 (I think). Season 3's "Black on white" and "of sound mind" have the same chicken then season 4' "squeeze play "..when Higgins picks it up, season 7 Little girl who Seasons 8 "transitions" and "resolutions Pt. 2" have the same chicken taller sharper combs and bigger beards. then on season 4 "squeeze play" when Magnum picks up the baseball jersey off the floor. Although earlier in the scene was a different chicken. and "letter to a dutchess" also has the same chicken. the final chicken appears in Season 7's Paper war and limbo. Also look in Memories are forever General Hue's photo of Michelle and Lily was taken latter on in the episode becasue there outfits as well as the temple can been seen in the photo. Sad I know. sorry I didn't have screen caps to bore you guys further.LOL :D
It made me do it Higgins!!!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

Sad? Don't forget that some of us successfully identified 5 different SEAL caps :lol: . Not to worry, luck with your investigation.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'm sure at least two were used since one was decapitated by Higgins in Paper War.

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GTS »

ok, in which episode does Higgins look at the chicken and politely say "a rubber chicken". Don't think it was Squeeze Play.
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Not sad - as I'm re-watching the series, I'm keeping tabs on how many cigars Magnum smokes.

Anyway, don't forget the chicken's first appearance, in season two's 'Try To Remember'. Although we only see it for a split second, so it may be hard to identify.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I'm thinking Magnum smokes at least four cigars. I'd love to know what you find his total to be!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

Re: Counting your chickens

#7 Post by rubber chicken »

only looking wrote:I know this is sad but I actually tried to count how many different types of rubber chickens were used and so far I'm up to 4 (I think). Season 3's "Black on white" and "of sound mind" have the same chicken then season 4' "squeeze play "..when Higgins picks it up, season 7 Little girl who Seasons 8 "transitions" and "resolutions Pt. 2" have the same chicken taller sharper combs and bigger beards. then on season 4 "squeeze play" when Magnum picks up the baseball jersey off the floor. Although earlier in the scene was a different chicken. and "letter to a dutchess" also has the same chicken. the final chicken appears in Season 7's Paper war and limbo. Also look in Memories are forever General Hue's photo of Michelle and Lily was taken latter on in the episode becasue there outfits as well as the temple can been seen in the photo. Sad I know. sorry I didn't have screen caps to bore you guys further.LOL :D
A few more Chicken sightings that I don't think have been mentioned yet in this thread:

Birdman of Budapest (3.16) at 6:40
A Pretty Good Dancing Chicken (5.22) at 5:19
L.A. (7.1) at 26:10 - if you want to count Dana Delany's sickly looking green Chicken

Good luck in your quest! :wink:

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#8 Post by N1095A »

rubber chicken wrote: L.A. (7.1) at 26:10 - if you want to count Dana Delany's sickly looking green Chicken
Actually the green chicken belonged to Marti Jensen. Perhaps the most unfunny comedian EVER.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#9 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, shoot me! I'm the only one here who has actually HANDLED one! Gloat, gloat, nanh, nanh, nanh, nanh, nanh.

For those new members who joined since MGI's foray to Oahu in September, the RC whose head was cut off was NOT actually taped back together and used subsequently. The prop people just put tape around a new chicken whose neck was intact.

Inside trivia . . . . . but I think that question probably won't come up in a category on Jeopardy. But wouldn't THAT be cool? To have a MPI category on Jeopardy??!! :D :shock: :lol:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by only looking »

It looks like at least the same type of rubber chicken would be used, but then again I guess they never figured us fans as well as dvd and zooming in would ever be a factor. :)
It made me do it Higgins!!!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#11 Post by rubber chicken »

N1095A wrote:
rubber chicken wrote: L.A. (7.1) at 26:10 - if you want to count Dana Delany's sickly looking green Chicken
Actually the green chicken belonged to Marti Jensen. Perhaps the most unfunny comedian EVER.
Whoops, haven't seen the episode in awhile. I'm surprised I don't get details wrong more often...