Current estate condition

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Estate resident
Captain

Current estate condition

#1 Post by Estate resident »

Guessing from my username my favorite aspect of the series is the incredible estate. If I ever won the lottery I'd pay whatever Eve demanded, buy it, and throw a huge MPI reunion/fan party reliving THE best days of television.

Does anyone know why Ms Anderson has allowed the estate to decay to its present condition? I was there in '99 and it looked very overgrown at the gate entrance. I understand her nephew (?) lives there now. How could they allow this to happen is beyond me.

Does anyone know the estate's present market value? I read somewhere around 7 mill I think.

Anyway...glad to be here. Watching the show now reminds of when life was so much more fun. I'd give almost anything for a time machine...

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by lutherhgillis »

Touche', estate.

That is one sweet piece of real estate. I was watching Mac is Back today and the scene where Mag is on the beach looking at the ocean is breath-taking to say the least.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#3 Post by golfmobile »

I don't know if her nephew lives there with her or not, but I'm pretty sure she's still completely in residence. When I was there seven months ago, she came outside one morning when I was at the gate and, though she didn't approach me, her "lads" did and when she called them back, she waved at me. I think a couple of people here on the forum have been there since I was there, and we all agree that, from what we can see through all the overgrown foliage, the place appears to have gotten rather rundown. But then she does still open it up to certain charities or groups she seems to like -- see if you can find the "Pug Party at the Tidal Pool" online pictures, which was in, what, October?

I too would love to buy it if I won the lottery! Who here WOULDN'T??? Then with all that lottery money, I'd buy everyone tickets to come visit -- and help me restore to the place to its former glory. It would take a goodly number of us just to chop down all the overgrowth!! Then surely somewhere inside that huge place, we could recreate Higgins' study -- and we could restore the boathouse to be Magnum's apartment. Then open it up for tours! Bet it'd be crowded every day!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Jeffrey
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Jeffrey »

I would love to come over, haha. I recently spotted a picture of the estate on Facebook, and it showed the mainhouse, in a not so good condition.

The maker of the photo tells:
i had to jump the fence to get this pick so no one else was there to take my pic anyways.
TM "Rick wasn't overly enthusiastic about my plan. He thought it had some holes in it, and he was afraid they would end up in him...
I told him that was ridiculous."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#5 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It's a shame if that truely is an authentic picture. Hopefully it will be restored to it's Magnum era apperance sooner rather than later.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

It looks like a alot of work is being done. There are a lot of wrapped pieces on the porches . . . check out the gutter above the tarp.

Could it be prep for, I don't know, a motion picture?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Lets hope it is work being done, and not just a way of hiding something that is in even greater disrepair.

Estate resident
Captain

#8 Post by Estate resident »

golfmobile wrote:I don't know if her nephew lives there with her or not, but I'm pretty sure she's still completely in residence. When I was there seven months ago, she came outside one morning when I was at the gate and, though she didn't approach me, her "lads" did and when she called them back, she waved at me. I think a couple of people here on the forum have been there since I was there, and we all agree that, from what we can see through all the overgrown foliage, the place appears to have gotten rather rundown. But then she does still open it up to certain charities or groups she seems to like -- see if you can find the "Pug Party at the Tidal Pool" online pictures, which was in, what, October?

I too would love to buy it if I won the lottery! Who here WOULDN'T??? Then with all that lottery money, I'd buy everyone tickets to come visit -- and help me restore to the place to its former glory. It would take a goodly number of us just to chop down all the overgrowth!! Then surely somewhere inside that huge place, we could recreate Higgins' study -- and we could restore the boathouse to be Magnum's apartment. Then open it up for tours! Bet it'd be crowded every day!

golf
^ Exactly what I'd do.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

Those tarps were hanging there when I visited in April of 2007 and I have seen pictures of other folks visits before that with them in place. If there is work being done it is being done at a snails pace. I'm wonering if Ms. Anderson put them up for some kind of privacy in that area, or if there is a water problem coming off of the roof in there........

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Sam »

I don't think anything is being done on the estate.I found some pics from the Hab picnic 2007-2008.The same stuff is wrapped on the lanai and the porch.In fact,the rope and the halogen light are in the same spot in 07 and 08.
These are the 07 and 08 pictures.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#11 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

You would think if you have the cash to own a place like that you would be able to upkeep it. I wonder if she would let me live in the guesthouse and do some maintenance around the place?

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#12 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:Those tarps were hanging there when I visited in April of 2007 and I have seen pictures of other folks visits before that with them in place. If there is work being done it is being done at a snails pace. I'm wonering if Ms. Anderson put them up for some kind of privacy in that area, or if there is a water problem coming off of the roof in there........
I was hoping it wasn't a WT solution . . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Sam »

Estate resident,

Zillow shows the house at 5.85 mil.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

Sam wrote:Estate resident,

Zillow shows the house at 5.85 mil.
That's down from the 6.5 million it was listed for last year in April. See MadBuck's post from a year ago below...

MadBuck0186
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:00 pm Post subject: Eve Anderson Estate..Property Appraisers Web Site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the Oahu, HI Property Appraisers web site. It showed the assessed value of the property as 6.5Mil. I do not have the web site. I goggled Oahu, HI Property Appraisers and several links come up. Check a few out and when you find the correct one you put the address in and whola! I see if I can narrow it down foe ya!!

MadBuck0186

Estate resident
Captain

?

#15 Post by Estate resident »

I wonder if Eve would sell it, even for $7mill? I doubt it.