Does anyone remember...?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

Does anyone remember...?

#1 Post by lutherhgillis »

Do any of you remember when Tom Selleck took spring training batting practice with the Detroit Tigers? I believe it was 1990. I think it was Entertainment Tonight that showed it. He hits lefty just like on MPI. He also hit one over the right field wall!

Anybody?

Please add your own "Do you remember?"
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#2 Post by SelleckLover »

Does anyone remember (besides me) when Tom Selleck played a character named "Jed" on The Young & the Restless? (You kinda have to be more "mature" to remember this one!) He wore 3 piece suits and had the 1970s "helmet-hair" and no 'stache. LOL

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I believe he actually got an at bat in a spring training game and ended up striking out after fouling off several pitches.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Steve »

I definitely recall seeing Tom taking batting practice, my only memory of him from The Young and the Restless is the piece shown on his Biograhy. Does anyone remember Tom on the old Charlies Rose show on CBS called Nightwatch. It was in 1986 or 1987, definitely during the seventh season when TS had announced that would be the final season. It was a great interview touching on Tom's view on the show and politics..........

Seaver41
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Seaver41 »

yes I do.......and it wasn't just Tom...........even now you see the occasional actor/singer/personality show up for soem BP........Billy Crystal has done for the Yankees......I think Garth Brooks with the Mets. Tom did do it with the Tigers and I believe he has done it more than once and not just with Tigers, but that is strictly on memory and could be faulty.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by lutherhgillis »

Do you remember when the new MPI theme song hit the radio air waves?

I remember this. It is why I began watching MPI. I had watched a couple of times prior to this but not regularly. The new theme song was a radio hit in my part of the country. Everyone talked about it. I began watching the show again and never stopped! :D

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I remember that I had the 45. I don't know what happened to it. I wish I still had it even without a turn table to play it.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by lutherhgillis »

In another post, someone mentioned the old cellular telphone used by Magnum in the Transitions episode. Does anyoen remember using the old cell phones back when they were mounted in your car and covergae was so spotty that you could only talk when you were near an antenna tower and you would get cut off when you drove out of range?