What are your "Magnum PI" habits?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

brunoffrance
Captain

#16 Post by brunoffrance »

The manner that has TS to move his eyebrows twice...
Wearing the red jungle shirt and the ibiscus other one too.
My ring phone music.

Bruno.
Very american 4 a french...

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by only looking »

When I know a Tigers game is airing like this Wed. night..I know I'll be eating my chilli dogs (with Hormel chilli..no beans) with pretzels and beer (coors in a long neck of course) wearing my Tigers hat. It's kind of neat seeing all that stuff going into the shopping cart as well :D . Did you ever notice that when Magnum is eating his chilli dogs, there's always a green canister of Kraft's parmassan cheese on the table..I wonder if he sprinkles it on the chlli dogs.....ight see what that tastes like...I do sometimes use a little cheddar on the top. Also bought a $2.00 NEW vhs tape last week in a dump bin of "Stalag 17"...couldn't pass it up.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Jaybird
Admiral

#18 Post by Jaybird »

I say, "Hi guys!" I sort of try to root for the Tigers. That one is hard so I've modified it to rooting for the Cubs or Giants.
I do wear aloha shirts. I wear a khaki web belt from my days in the Navy.
I actually looked at buying a pair of Navy UDT swimsuit but, let's say, it would be worn at a pool party hosted by the Village People. Just couldn't do it.....
I have a moustache and one evening while walking to a restaurant in North Beach, a drunk in a doorway saw me and said, "Hey Magnum PI!"
That brought a laugh!
I got into paddling a surfski but switched to outrigger canoes.
That's about it but I did tell my wife that she could buy me a Rolex GMT Master.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by MACattack »

I never take off my Detroit Tigers hat, I'm always drinking beer, every saturday I sleep past noon, and my wife has been telling me for 10 years to shave off my moustache. I always tell her 'no'.
I just don't give a damn!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Frodoleader »

MACattack wrote:I never take off my Detroit Tigers hat, I'm always drinking beer, every saturday I sleep past noon, and my wife has been telling me for 10 years to shave off my moustache. I always tell her 'no'.
Maybe I am tragically "un-hip", but what is the deal with mustaches or facial hair in general? I have had a 'stache since pre-MPI (1976) and now a beard, so I have had facial hair for over 30 years now. But I hear more and more snarky remarks about 'staches and beards. Is facial hair passe/out of style? Do I really care...not really. Just curious what the current fashion is.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#21 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think facial hair is a matter of personal preference. There are always people that have it or don't have it even in Hollywood.

DanielFrazão
Lieutenant

#22 Post by DanielFrazão »

Well... just like Thomas, I like beautiful girls, Ferraris, big houses, beachs, warm sun *laughs*...
And just like Thomas, I'm always short of money... (bad, bad habit!!)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#23 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Daniel I think I fall under those catagoriesas well! Maybe that is why I am such a fan!