I need help identifying an episode!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

I need help identifying an episode!!

#1 Post by Rutledal »

I don't know if there is a thread like this already so I made one. The idea is is simple if you are thinking about a Magnum episode and can't remember the title, or if just remember parts of an episode and wan't to which episode it is so that you can watch again just ask here.
Also please try and wait till the previous poster has been answered before posing a new one.

I'll go first then. Yesterday I watched an Italian supense thriller, one of those "Giallo" movies, it was about some guy trying to find out what happened to his twin sister who was a model in Milano. It was okay, it had a good twist ending with the revealing of the killers identity. Also it starred British screen ledgend Donald Pleasence.
With a moustache.

Well anyways in one scene the main character is watching televison and for a brief moment he switches to Magnum, P.I. and there is a brief sequence. I took a bunch of screenshots of the sequence and I have posted the below in chronological order. I know this might be asking a little much of you guys, but I have seen some of you work wonders before.

Pictures:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Thanks, S.E
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

I think I can recall TC saying to the gunman......."Have a nice day".....and then TM peeling off, but I don't remember the episode's name.....Someone here will certainly know it......

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#3 Post by Agatha »

Hey! I can't believe I know this one!!

It's from No More Mr Nice Guy...episode 4.13. The gunman is the "inside" guy in Carol's office...El Gato in Thomas and TC's baseball league. And Carol cons Thomas into helping her with this case even though he's scheduled to go to the mainland for his ARMY/NAVY football game reunion.

Yipee!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Rutledal »

Thanks Agatha that's some terrific work from your side.

Since no one else has asked for another episode, yet, I have another episode that bothering me. I can't remember the main story of the episode, but I remember there constantly being flashbacks to the Vietnam War and the flashbacks where allways in black/white. Anyone?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Hey, nice one Agatha!

Rutledal, the answer to your second question is Season One's "Skin Deep", but there may be others with B/W Vietnam War flashbacks, as well.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by Rutledal »

I don't think it's Skin Deep I have seen that one several times and I basically know it from start to finish. This episode isn't from the first two season, I'm pretty sure of this because I have re-watched them both on DVD. This one I have only see on a VHS tape. This also meens that it's from sometime prior to season six.
I remember one of the flashbacks, in it Magnum and the others where sleeping in their hut, then shooting breaks out and Magnum, I think it is, quickly drops to the floor and picks up a M-16(?) goes up on one knee and starts shooting back.

EDIT: Also if No More Mr. Nice Guy's apperances in the Italian movie is something that could be mentioned amongst the notes for No More Mr. Nice Guy the movie was called Nothing Underneath. IMDb link below.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086343/

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

Rutledal wrote:I don't think it's Skin Deep I have seen that one several times and I basically know it from start to finish. This episode isn't from the first two season, I'm pretty sure of this because I have re-watched them both on DVD. This one I have only see on a VHS tape. This also meens that it's from sometime prior to season six.
I remember one of the flashbacks, in it Magnum and the others where sleeping in their hut, then shooting breaks out and Magnum, I think it is, quickly drops to the floor and picks up a M-16(?) goes up on one knee and starts shooting back.

EDIT: Also if No More Mr. Nice Guy's apperances in the Italian movie is something that could be mentioned amongst the notes for No More Mr. Nice Guy the movie was called Nothing Underneath. IMDb link below.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086343/
Rutledal, The episode in question IS Skin Deep. There were many flashbacks to Vietnam, but this one is pretty memorable as its one of the only ones in black and white - the majority of them were in color. There may be one or two with B/W, but they're few (if any other besides this one).

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#8 Post by Rutledal »

I guess I'll have to check out Skin Deep again then.

Thanks J.J. and Doc

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by Rutledal »

I just came back from watching Skin Deep and I realise that it is indeed the episode in question. I'm sorry for doubting you guys.