Odd Detroit Tigers hat question...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Odd Detroit Tigers hat question...

#1 Post by only looking »

I was wondering...I finally found a vintage Detroit Tigers hat..fitted 7 5/8 with the green underside but have a question about the bills on them. The one I have has an almost circular shape to it...like the letter C and I have another away hat that has a more oval shape bill like the letter U. Has Magnum wore both type of bills...or only one? I'm pretty sure I've seen the more U shaped bill before but not sure on the other. It's vintage for the years he wore them...any help? I'm going to try today and go through the episodes and find where his head is down or where he takes it off. I know little weird and SUPER PICKY.....but that's just me.. :oops:
It made me do it Higgins!!!

burroughsmvp
Commander

#2 Post by burroughsmvp »

The caps by New Era have longer bills. My old Tigers cap by New Era has a bill that's about a half an inch longer than an old Red Sox cap I have by Sports Specialties.

The New Era caps also have had a higher "dome" than many other caps. If you notice some major leaguers with near "flat" domes that look almost wrinkled... they have cut out the "mesh" that makes the dome stand up so high.

Another thing to look for is the color underneath the brim. Older versions were green. Then gray becamse the "in" color. Recent versions are darker.

Hope that helps.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think it is pretty hard to replicate some of the props on the show. As long as you can get pretty close to what they had I think you are doing a good job.