Which episode is. . .

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Which episode is. . .

#1 Post by only looking »

Hi guys, do you know how some episodes have the camera pan over Magnum's personal belongings like in "Transitions" where it shows his gorilla mask, AAPI award, and other items or "Did You See The Sun Rise" episode where it pans across his mantle? I remember an episode that showed a very big close up of his table lamp and alarm clock. Do any of you remember which episode that was? I thought it was "Italian Ice" but it's not. I know it sounds weird but trying to remember which episode it was has been driving me crazy.

By the way, in "Murder By Night" at the end of the episode when Magnum awakes to find Higgins in his living room the broken AAPI award can be seen behind him. That isn't by chance the one that was sold on ebay is it? Also, in the 7th season disc 3, episode 10 "Missing Melody" when Magnum finds TC's daughter they show a close up of his belt buckle. Can anyone tell once and for all, for sure, what the emblem is? I'm not for sure myself. I appreciate any feed back or info.

P.S. The seal hat on ebay is also seen in season 3's episodes 7 and 13, "Foiled Again" and "The Arrow That Is Not Aimed".
It made me do it Higgins!!!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

As for the AAPI award, this Image
Is the one that sold on Ebay for $545. It was never seen onscreen.
I just checked the belt buckle, and while I couldn't get a clear enough still for a screen capture, I did get a pretty good look at the insignia. I hate to say this, but it looks to me like the Surface Warfare badge. There is a pronounced "Gull Wing" effect at the botton near where the sword points are, made by the blades. The Special Ops Officer badge doesn't have that. Also, I couldn't make out the dive helmet or the object to the left of ship on the "S.O.O."
badge.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

So I guess we are correct in thinking Magnum wore a SWO belt buckle?

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#4 Post by N1095A »

If I had to say one way or the other judging by what I saw in "Missing Melody". I'd say yes.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by only looking »

Anyone figure out the episode I was asking about? My head is staring to explode. :shock: LOL
It made me do it Higgins!!!