If anything was possible, Who would you like to see on MPI?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#46 Post by MACattack »

They should have did a crossover with 'Night Rider'. It would have been totally sick to see Selleck and Hasselhoff racing the Ferrari and KIT just like those dudes in "Fast and Furious"! 8)
I just don't give a damn!

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#47 Post by Rutledal »

MAC, the show was called "Knight Rider" and the computer/car KITT.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by lutherhgillis »

No offense MacAttack but Knight Rider was no where near being a contender to cross over with MPI. It was a want-to-be show at best. What a crock... It was one big shark jump from start to finish IMHO.

Knight Rider should have done a crossover episode with Scooby Doo or Family Ties... :wink:
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#49 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That was funny Luther. If you want a Hasselhof crossover I'm sure Magnum would appreciate the lifeguards on Baywatch.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#50 Post by golfmobile »

And I can just SEE TM whining and moaning, grumbling the entire episode, because HIS (well, Robin's) car doesn't talk to him. Then there could be some scene where Rick and T.C. have hooked up a tape recorder or something in the Ferrari and when TM ends up doing something "unwise," Rick and T.C. cue the tape recorder and the car, in Higgins' voice, says, "Oh my god!" . . . . TM's eyes get HUGE, and he turns and looks at the camera with a WTF look and says, "Why can't I have the sexy lady?" . . . . end episode.

golf

P.S. for Agatha: The only person who should be "guided" with a hand on the butt is your own 5-year-old walking along on a wall beside you . . . .
"Portside, buddy."

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#51 Post by Rutledal »

Thanks to your advice my six year-old now has concussion from falling down of a wall. :P
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#52 Post by Agatha »

I completely agree, golf!

Love your Magnum as Knight Rider scenario! Knight Rider is not one of my favorite series either.

This "knight" conversation reminds me of Compulsion when Thomas is staying at Carol's house because of all the weird things that are happening to her. And in the middle of the night, she can't sleep and they end up in the kitchen. And she tells Thomas that sometimes he reminds her of her Dad. Something about the way the light reflects off of his armor. And Thomas says..."knight blindness". I love that kind of a play on words!

Gotta go! I'm taking my 5-year-old and my 6-year-old girls for a walk. But don't worry about me inappropiately guiding them anywhere...they're dogs!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

DanielFrazão
Lieutenant

#53 Post by DanielFrazão »

I really really would like to see Elvis Presley in the show. Elvis died in 1977 and Magnum P.I. started in 1980, so he almost get it! And I'm sure that Elvis would love to be in the show, cause I know he loved that kind of TV series and also loved Hawaii!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by MACattack »

The reason I suggested the crossover was because on a episode of "Knight Rider" KITT mentioned his interest in red ferraris ( as if they were feminine!) :P

I'm not a big fan of Hasselhoff, but I was glad when he cut off that stupid mullet!
I just don't give a damn!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by lutherhgillis »

The black Trans Am in Knight was a cool car but the talking ad other stuff was a little out there. Red Ferraris are not feminine... are they?

I think that crossing a show over successfully is a difficult thing since adding new people and concepts change both of the original shows' dynamics. With that being said, what about crossing MPI with Moonlighting? They were both 80s shows and both had a certain quirk about them. ... ?

Any thoughts?

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#56 Post by golfmobile »

LHG,

See page 2 of this thread -- I thought of that too (Moonlighting)!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#57 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Daniel I thik I had mentioned something about Magnum being hired to find Elvis on the island, or something of the sort. I think it could be a good story if well written, but it would be very cheesy if it was a bad script.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by lutherhgillis »

Great minds think alike, Golf! :wink:

Maybe the moonlighting crew, Luther, and Magnum could try to find Elvis on Oahu... :?:

DanielFrazão
Lieutenant

#59 Post by DanielFrazão »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking,
yeah, it could be a great plot with a good writting, indeed!
The problem is: how could Magnum find Elvis? It'll be a lost case for TM! *laughs*. Unless the crew put some Elvis cover for the Elvis character. (is that the word in english, "cover"? Cause it's the word we use here in Brazil). I'm also an Elvis fan and I must say, Elvis covers sucks! *laughs*. So it would be better if Thomas lost this case!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#60 Post by golfmobile »

DanielFrazão --

I confess I have no idea what you are talking about. I do not know what you mean by "cover." It may be that you mean "impersonator" -- and to us here in America that is a person who dresses up like Elvis, styles his hair and sideburns like Elvis, tries to talk, sing, and walk like Elvis -- and tries to make a living in Las Vegas pretending to be Elvis.

If this IS what you mean, then I think it could a terrifically entertaining idea for there to be an "Elvis Impersonator Convention" in Oahu, and TM is hired to be a bodyguard for one of the best ones, maybe because there was some kind of death threat and no one knows WHICH Elvis is going to be targeted, and then one of the Elvis impersonators DOES get murdered and TM has to figure out just exactly WHICH one got murdered (remember, there are probably 200 of them there) and who did it, and did the killer kill the right one or is he after other ones . . . . and on and on. The comedic possibilities there make me start giggling, just thinking about it. This would HAVE to be a two-hour, two-parter.

Does anyone else see the possibilities here? I can see numerous opportunities for featuring Rick, T.C., and Higgins here.

golf
"Portside, buddy."