If anything was possible, Who would you like to see on MPI?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#31 Post by Rutledal »

Agatha wrote:The other day I was watching Let Me Hear the Music and it suddenly occurred to me that Pat Morita would have been a good Tanaka. I hesitate to even mention this because I like Kwan Hi Lim as Tanaka just fine but....

:)
Pat Morita actually was on Magnum, P.I.

He's the one with the Hawaii shirt and hat.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#32 Post by N1095A »

Rutledal wrote:
Agatha wrote:The other day I was watching Let Me Hear the Music and it suddenly occurred to me that Pat Morita would have been a good Tanaka. I hesitate to even mention this because I like Kwan Hi Lim as Tanaka just fine but....

I have to watch this one again. Is the guy in the red shorts grabbing the behind of the girl in front of him?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#33 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It's hard to tell without seeing a few frames. I remember when TS was implicated in that on a thread a while ago. It seemed fairly split on whether he was doing it or not, and I don't believe it was a Magnum episode that was in question.

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#34 Post by Italian Ice »

How about Chuck Norris? He was big in the 80's and would have been a good ally or bad guy....
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#35 Post by Rutledal »

N1095A wrote:
Rutledal wrote:

I have to watch this one again. Is the guy in the red shorts grabbing the behind of the girl in front of him?
No he is doing something with a girl in a light blue bathingsuite standing behind the woman who's rear he is not about to fumble.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#36 Post by Agatha »

I remember. In Squeeze Play, right? The sandal king? VERY small part. I LOVED Pat Morita in Karate Kid. He certainly was capable of a much larger...and re-occuring...role.

And...no, that guy is not grabbing the lady's behind...she's his BOSS!! Well, the wife of the owner. Of course, in this case, the idea is not an impossible one.

I'm amazed that any of you even noticed Pat Morita since he's standing next to a gal who's swim suit is almost non-existant! Or maybe it's just "skin-colored" in places....

Land sakes alive!!

Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#37 Post by J.J. Walters »

What an unintentionally great screen cap. Check out where Pat Morita's eyes are looking! LOL! The big, blond-haired guy is actually focusing on a lady who is directly behind Louise Sorel, and out of sight (you can just barely see her hair). This was the only good shot of the "lady in the bikini". ;)

Agatha, this is actually from "One More Summer", not "Squeeze Play".
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#38 Post by Doc Ibold »

James J. Walters wrote:What an unintentionally great screen cap. Check out where Pat Morita's eyes are looking! LOL! The big, blond-haired guy is actually focusing on a lady who is directly behind Louise Sorel, and out of sight (you can just barely see her hair). This was the only good shot of the "lady in the bikini". ;)

Agatha, this is actually from "One More Summer", not "Squeeze Play".
Pat Morita is totally checking her out

:lol:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#39 Post by golfmobile »

It was a scene from TS' very early movie, Daughters of Satan, where he was accused by me of the "hand placement malfunction." Agatha, did you see this picture? What do you think? Looks pretty self-evident to me.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#40 Post by Dervish »

A Magnum P.I. - Monk crossover. :P

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#41 Post by Agatha »

Oh, yeah...Squeeze Play was baseball...

Thanks, James!!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#42 Post by N1095A »

Rutledal wrote:No he is doing something with a girl in a light blue bathingsuite standing behind the woman who's rear he is not about to fumble.
:lol: It was the girl in the lt. blue suit that he looked to be grabbing at. :lol: In 10th grade I had a .... let's just say very attractive English teacher. Whenever she would walk up the asile between my friend Jim and I he'd do that with his hand causing everyone who saw it to burst out laughing. Brings back memories.
Last edited by N1095A on Wed May 06, 2009 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by MACattack »

I think Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, and Denzel Washington would have been awesome on MPI! 8)
I just don't give a damn!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#44 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks Golf! That was the picture I remembered!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#45 Post by Agatha »

Well, golf, I don't know. it may just be the frame that we're looking at and if I saw the whole sequence I might see that it's a "grab" but his hand looks pretty flat to me...like it's "guiding" rather than "grabbing" - ??? Of course, whatever's going on in the story would be an indication, too, but "guiding" is certainly more appropriate at the elbow so you're probably right!