If anything was possible, Who would you like to see on MPI?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I like the way you think Coops. Catherine Bell anywhere is an excellent idea!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by lutherhgillis »

James and SL,

On second thought, David Bowie would have made a good David Banister the cross-dressing assassin from Jororo Kill... :wink:

I am still struggling to think of a way Madelin Kahn could have fit in...Maybe she could have been one of the irritating posse of Jessica Fletcher? :lol:

All in fun... Your opinions are fine. I'm just having some fun at your expense. Peace out. You guys rock!

Coops and Iknow...,

Great idea about Catherine Bell.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#18 Post by N1095A »

How about David McCallum as one of Higgins' old school mates? His NCIS character is so much like Higgins, he's almost the same person.

Also, I'd like to have seen more Don Bellisario on MPI. It would have been cool to give himself a role as one of Robin's eccentric writer friends.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#19 Post by golfmobile »

I like the Bruce Willis suggestion -- the Blue Moon Detective Agency had to go to Honolulu to take a case. I would LOVE to see the look on the MPI guys' faces as David and Maddie did one of their fast-talking, Dr. Seuss exchanges.

I really like the idea of cross-over episodes with other shows' characters (EXCEPT MSW -- gawd!) even just as guests of Robin Masters -- or otherwise. The gang from Cheers somehow (can't you just SEE Cliff and Higgins???) (or Carla and Rick at the KKC???) or a reunion for M*A*S*H* veterans (serious episode). Bob Newhart to open a B&B there? Johnny Fever and Venus as radio DJs hiding from some mob guy? Arthur Carlson and Higgins . . . . .

Oh, my list could go on (to quote Harrison Ford in "Six Days, Seven Nights") a long, long, long, long, LONG, LONG time . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

James - Jan Michael Vincent would have been good (I assume you're a fellow 'Airwolf' fan?), we'd already had Ernest Borgnine; the underrated Alex Cord would have been good too.

Bruce Campbell is an amusing idea.

It's rumoured that James Garner was penciled in to appear as Rockford in season seven's 'A.A.P.I.', but an on-going contract dispute with Universal prevented it from happening. :(

Being a massive 'A-Team' fan, an A-Team crossover would have been fun. All the Vietnam veterans teaming up together. Who would have been the best pilot - T.C. or Murdock?
Either way, Murdock could really have annoyed Higgins! :lol:
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

lutherhgillis wrote:I am still struggling to think of a way Madelin Kahn could have fit in...
A "slightly off-kilter" client, of course. Maybe a Manhatten cabaret singer in search of her missing art critic husband? She strolls up to the KKC beach bar manager says, "Excuse me, I'm looking for a Thomas Magnum." Upon meeting Magnum, she starts to sing. Something like that, anyway. Her and Selleck for the whole episode. T'would be great. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#22 Post by Italian Ice »

Connie Sellica would have made a great Magnum "peach" in this show.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

VM02
Rear Admiral

#23 Post by VM02 »

Sean Connery - as one of Higgins WWII buddies:

"Then there was Squidgy whom I first met a Sandhurst. I spent two months with him behind enemy lines in Borneo." (Raises eyebrows and sighs) "I've heard he went on to an Impressive if clandestine career on Her Majesty's Secret Service. Did I ever tell you about the time..." Magnum hangs head and walks away.

Oh, and it would have been great to have Harrison Ford cameo in Legends of the Lost Art.

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#24 Post by Agatha »

Oh, YES, VM02!

Sean Connery as one of Higgins' WWII buddies is a GOOD one!!

I think this topic is reminding us that ANYONE could have found a nich on Magnum P.I. The writing was THAT good!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by lutherhgillis »

Oh heck yea, Sean Connery! That's a good one fer sure, eh?

How about Robin Williams as Milton Collins in Death and Taxes?

How about Bruce Willis as Tanaka's new assistant detective. Magnum gets involved in an international dope ring case and they create a Die Hard type of 2-part episode?

How about Kevin Costner and Scott Backula doing an episode about building a baseball field in a banana patch and calling it, "If you build it in Hawaii, they will come"?

Ok, I'm getting silly. Time to stop... :lol:

Nifty
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#26 Post by Nifty »

If anything is possible - Ronald Reagan (as POTUS).

Kelly LeBrock - back then - would have been nice in any episode.

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#27 Post by Rutledal »

Charles Bronson. As anyone, but preferably in some sort of "Laura"-ish episode. Or maybe in the non violent role Bronson allways whised for.

Also Burt Reynolds in some kind of cameo, maybe as a guy sitting in the KKC that gets mistaken for Magnum.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by lutherhgillis »

Ruteldal said:
Also Burt Reynolds in some kind of cameo, maybe as a guy sitting in the KKC that gets mistaken for Magnum.

Great idea!

How about a Higgins-centric episode where most of the epi is a flashback to WW2 and the perspective of the WW2 allied soldier is given. Sort of like a Saving Private Ryan but less intense yet realistic to a degree?
Last edited by lutherhgillis on Tue May 05, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who's Dot Matrix, and what has she got to do with this?

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#29 Post by ConchRepublican »

VM02 wrote:Sean Connery - as one of Higgins WWII buddies:

"Then there was Squidgy whom I first met a Sandhurst. I spent two months with him behind enemy lines in Borneo." (Raises eyebrows and sighs) "I've heard he went on to an Impressive if clandestine career on Her Majesty's Secret Service. Did I ever tell you about the time..." Magnum hangs head and walks away.
Ding ding! VMO2, I believe you have taken the brass ring. That would be a perfect guest. Even as a simple walk-on cameo, that would be great.

I also really liked the Robert Conrad idea. I was a Black Sheep fan and considering the shared actors, that would be a good fit. Perhaps as Pappy? He and Higgy could have so great stories to share.

Jim Rockford is an excellent call as well.

Perhaps Karl Kolchak could have been drawn to the islands by some creepy doings? Tie in some Hawaiian mystery/mythology/magic? TM already ran into Charlie the Kahuna (not Charlie the Tuna).

I was thinking a Remington Steele thing, perhaps as guests of Robin. Dapper investigator vs our beach bum. Or, conversly, TM gets all Tux'd up for the shindig and Pierce Brosnan, taking in the Hawaiian atmosphere, goes touristy, just to play off their usual styles.
Last edited by ConchRepublican on Tue May 05, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#30 Post by Agatha »

You guys are really "cooking"! Some GREAT ideas! Charles Bronson is one of my all time favorites!! And I really like the idea of "role-swapping" with Pierce Brosnan!

The other day I was watching Let Me Hear the Music and it suddenly occurred to me that Pat Morita would have been a good Tanaka. I hesitate to even mention this because I like Kwan Hi Lim as Tanaka just fine but....

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!