Who was your favorite guest star that appeared on MPI?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Carol Burnett
7%
Frank Sinatra
20%
Barbara Rush
No votes
Ted Danson
No votes
Erin Gray
7%
Margaret Colin
No votes
Darrin McGavin
7%
Gerald McRaney
7%
Mimi Rogers
13%
Dana Delaney
No votes
Bo Svenson
No votes
Morgan Fairchild
No votes
Eugene Rochne
27%
Ian McShane
No votes
Ernest Borgnine
7%
Leslie Uggams
No votes
Patrick McNee
7%

Total votes: 15

Kwanzaa
Lieutenant

#1 Post by Kwanzaa »

Who and why?

Some very famous people appeared on MPI over the years. Who was your favorite and why. No right or wrong answers (unless you select Cassie Yates). :lol:

Let's hear it!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

I voted Ernest Borgnine. There were others listed that I really liked, but Ernie is just a great great man. Anyone who doesn't love Ernest Borgnine is just goofy.
A very close second is Eugene Roche.
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#3 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Erin Grey has to be up there :D

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#4 Post by SelleckLover »

I have to agree with you, 1095A. Ernie does it for me! Frank Sinatra runs a close second. Why? He was a great all around entertainer...Oscar winning actor, phenomenal singer and dancer. They don't make 'em like that anymore but I think Hugh Jackman might be in there somewhere! JMHO! :D

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

This is such a hard choice for me........I love the Luther H. Gillis episodes, but the charcter is almost as part of the cast (to me) as Agatha or Lt. Tanaka. I'm not going to even try and pick one of the lovely lasses that poulated the show over the years because I would pick one and then be reminded of another. Frank is right up at the top of the list of course, but I think I am going to go out on a limb and pick Orson Welles as the voice of Robin Masters. The voice was only in four episodes, by the seventies and eighties before his death, he had been reduced to bizarre appearences on the Talk Show circuit wearing strange black victorian garb and doing magic tricks, but still.....What an icon to have even considered supplying the voice and would have actually appeared as Robin Masters if not for his death.......

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#6 Post by Italian Ice »

Hard to pick one, but I like the roles these actors played.........

Robert Loggia
George Cheung
Michael Gazzo
Ernest Borgnine
Mako
Dick Shawn
Patrick Macnee
Kenneth Tigar
Richard Narita
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

DarCA
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by DarCA »

Easy voting for me - I love Carol Burnett, she can sing, dance, laugh - she's so talented.

Carmen
MPI

#8 Post by Carmen »

Voted for Mimi Rogers. I just love to see her together with TS, they were great in Italian Ice on MPI and even better in Jesse Stone. That was one hot scene!!
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Even though it was a small part, being a Bears fan, I loved seeing Dick Butkus as a guest.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Frodoleader »

Carmen wrote:Voted for Mimi Rogers. I just love to see her together with TS, they were great in Italian Ice on MPI and even better in Jesse Stone. That was one hot scene!!
I am with Carmen on this one. I had to think about this one a bit. There are so many, but Mimi R.'s roles on MPI and Jesse Stone did the trick for me. Second for me was Dana Delany, but her episodes were almost like "very special episodes". What I mean is that they are somewhat outside the MPI canon. Margaret Colin is a big fave, but it too was a "special episode". Of course, there is Sinatra & Ernest Bornine too.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by lutherhgillis »

I voted for Patrick McNee, see. He was very convincing in that episode about the butler and him doing the Sherlock Whats-his-name bit. Very believable. Also it gave us a break from seein' so much of the big guy. Everyone needs a break now and then, even Luther Gillis.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Without a doubt, Orson Welles! Unfortunately, I can't vote because there is no 'Other' category to choose from.

They just don't get any bigger than George Orson Welles (no pun intended); writer, director, actor, producer, editor, all that TV and Radio work he did in the early days. Just an unbelievable 50-year career - the Mercury Theatre, Citizen Kane (at 25 years old), The Magnificent Ambersons, Touch of Evil, F For Fake! Wow... And a wit second to none.

Frank Sinatra would be a close second.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#13 Post by Italian Ice »

That was probably one of the biggest features of the show. There were some big guest stars involved that had long careers before and after.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "