Attn. MPI collectors, Major artifact!!!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#46 Post by N1095A »

You said it best James. I'm just speechless. Wow!
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Attn. MPI collectors, Major artifact!!!

#47 Post by Doc Ibold »

Magnum P.I. wrote:
N1095A wrote:As a rule I don't advertise ebay auctions in this forum unless it's something exceptional, and boy it this one exceptional!! The seller has been vouched for by Rick Romer on his blog. As you'll see in posts below, Sam, Rubber Chicken and I have found spacific episodes where this particular hat appears.
For anyone looking for the SEAL cap, this is the holy grail,the actual first one worn by TM in the show.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-PI-prop-Magn ... 7C294%3A50
I'd buy this one myself in a heartbeat, but being unemployed for 6 months has me it a huge disadvantage. I'm disappointed beyond belief that I can't bid on it, but I think someone from M-M should get it.

This seller is also selling the away Detroit Tigers cap worn in "Squeeze Play", and the Sherlock Holmes hat from the hat rack, but the seal cap is the one that jumped out and grabbed me.
Hi All,

I am just missed the auction. I am willing to pay 1000$ to the buyer of the ebay auction for the camo cap. I am also willing to pay a comission of 100$ to a person who can solicit the deal.

Thanks
I've said it before, thus I shall say it again.....

Great googely moogelies!

(Bolding and "Huging" has thus far failed me the past 4 times I have tried)
Last edited by Doc Ibold on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by Sam »

:>)

N1095A

#49 Post by N1095A »

Magnum P.I., Ebay hides the identity of bidders. There is virtually no way of even knowing who the winning bidder is at this point. After some time has passed it may be possible to find the username of the winner, and email them through ebay. Ebay doesn't like people to do this however, and may suspend your account if they find out about it.

Magnum P.I.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#50 Post by Magnum P.I. »

N1095A wrote:Magnum P.I., Ebay hides the identity of bidders. There is virtually no way of even knowing who the winning bidder is at this point. After some time has passed it may be possible to find the username of the winner, and email them through ebay. Ebay doesn't like people to do this however, and may suspend your account if they find out about it.
Hi,

Thank you for the Tip. I would run the sale over eBay anyway. But the buyer does not want to sell. Next Time :-)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#51 Post by golfmobile »

Magnum, P.I.

You were able to get in touch with the buyer? Was it one of "us" here on Magnum-Mania? Well, don't tell us that if the buyer doesn't want you to. I assume that you know it's not for sale because the buyer contacted you via a Private Message here. I hope so -- I mean, I hope one of us got it.

If whoever got it is here, will you 'fess up and let us know? We're on your side in acquiring memorabilia. I'm sure we're all just happy someone here got it. If not, we respect your privacy.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by only looking »

The seller's father was a prop manager. Man if we could get his name, imagaine all the question we could have answred concerning all our props we want to find or make. Why not ask the seller to pass the question on to the buyer of the hat of your proposal, the original seller would make a qucik $100 just to send an email to them.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

N1095A

#53 Post by N1095A »

POST DELETED BY AUTHOR
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnum P.I.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#54 Post by Magnum P.I. »

N1095A wrote:
only looking wrote:The seller's father was a prop manager. Man if we could get his name, imagaine all the question we could have answred concerning all our props we want to find or make. Why not ask the seller to pass the question on to the buyer of the hat of your proposal, the original seller would make a qucik $100 just to send an email to them.
The seller's father did not work on MPI, but many other Hawaii based productions that would have put him on the Hawaii Studio property. Since he was in charge of props, he would have the say in what was kept, and what was discarded.
I asked the seller for more information about the prop, respectively the camo hat and what brand it was. Unfortunately i did not get any information.

N1095A

#55 Post by N1095A »

POST DELETED BY AUTHOR
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhatCat
Admiral

#56 Post by PhatCat »

Woah! I was way off. I never would have guessed they would sell for that much.

Crazy.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#57 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I am amazed those hats went at the prices they did. Someone has a hell of a lot more money to burn than I do. Maybe one day!

hendrix
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Navy Cammo Hat!

#58 Post by hendrix »

Just to let you guys know I am New to the Forum but I Now Own Both the Cammo Cap and the Orange D Cap! I am a Huge Magnum Fan and Glad to be on your site!:} Trying to list a few pics but don't know how sorry!

Wondering if anyone know the Size hat Tom wears on the Show?
Trying to get some info on the D-cap any help would be great..

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by Sam »

Last edited by Sam on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#60 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome to the boards Hendrix.